PDA

View Full Version : Luther Vandross on Marvin calling him about "If This World Were Mine"

test

midnightman
04-27-2018, 01:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCCanzLvKsw

I wished they had met in person... but I'm glad Marvin got to tell Luther how he appreciated how he did "If This World Were Mine" before he passed...

Guy
04-27-2018, 05:26 PM
I wished they had met in person... but I'm glad Marvin got to tell Luther how he appreciated how he did "If This World Were Mine" before he passed...

I always loved Luther's humility. I don't know if it was genuine and I am sure he had a big ego, but he always spoke of the architects of R&B/Soul with respect and reverence. That is missing today.

midnightman
04-27-2018, 06:43 PM
^ Luther didn't have an ego when speaking of the legends. ;)

TomatoTom123
04-27-2018, 07:51 PM
I guess Marvin "loved him back"! Heehee

Bluebrock
04-28-2018, 02:46 AM
I always loved Luther's humility. I don't know if it was genuine and I am sure he had a big ego, but he always spoke of the architects of R&B/Soul with respect and reverence. That is missing today.
Luther could behave like a diva at times. Remember his classic spats with Anita Baker?, but he was always very respectful when discussing his peers and indeed contemparies. His knowledge was second to none, and if he was in good spirits he could be quite splendid company, but when he went into a hissy fit. Oh dear......

midnightman
04-28-2018, 03:09 AM
^ I bet he got into it with Anita because Anita is QUITE a handle.

I'm still tripping over him and En Vogue. Luther was truly a diva at times. But I love him so much. :)

Bluebrock
04-28-2018, 12:07 PM
^ I bet he got into it with Anita because Anita is QUITE a handle.

I'm still tripping over him and En Vogue. Luther was truly a diva at times. But I love him so much. :)
I loved him too. One of the all great icons of our music. He could be very difficult, but compared to Anita he was a pussycat.