PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes Sing HDH [Expanded 2CD Edition] - 6/15/2018

test

Pages : [1] 2

Motown Eddie
04-26-2018, 04:45 PM
No tracklist yet but at least we have a date for the Deluxe Edition of Supremes Sing HDH; 6/15/2018!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CNC32B8/?tag=imwan-20

vgalindo
04-26-2018, 05:25 PM
Motown Eddie. Thank you for posting. This is so very exciting.

thanxal
04-26-2018, 05:32 PM
Let the vapors flow.... I can not wait.

jobeterob
04-26-2018, 05:33 PM
In audio CD too!

dba
04-26-2018, 06:10 PM
Wow, OK Andy and George, cat is out of the bag! Track list please. One of my favorites and can't wait!

Circa 1824
04-26-2018, 06:12 PM
I just pre-ordered it. :)

Fourtopsbiggestfan
04-26-2018, 06:27 PM
Wow. This is fantastic news. Can't wait to see a photo. Thanks for the great work.

Fourtopsbiggestfan
04-26-2018, 06:28 PM
We didn't have to wait long in between release. It does feel like forever since we're all so excited.

George Solomon
04-26-2018, 06:29 PM
Wow, OK Andy and George, cat is out of the bag! Track list please. One of my favorites and can't wait!

That poor cat has been in that bag far too long! We have to wait until Universal puts out the official press release for the track list and it should be within days. We're so happy it's almost here.

vgalindo
04-26-2018, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=George Solomon;454297]That poor cat has been in that bag far too long! We have to wait until Universal puts out the official press release for the track list and it should be within days. We're so happy it's almost here.[/QUOTE

Thank you George. I can hardly wait. I know it will be so amazing.

sophisticated_soul
04-26-2018, 07:43 PM
Much gratitude to everyone involved in making this happen! One of Diana Ross & The Supremes best albums.:)

thanxal
04-26-2018, 07:51 PM
That poor cat has been in that bag far too long! We have to wait until Universal puts out the official press release for the track list and it should be within days. We're so happy it's almost here.
As usual, I can't express how grateful I am that you, Andy, Kevin and the team bring us these reissues. I know we fans can be demanding, cranky, obstinate, etc. and you have no control over decisions about release dates, but that all seems to go away once we know for sure it is coming. I hope we get many more Christmases like this.

Also, I would like it on 8 track tape and won't settle for anything less.
[[j/k, of course).

DJMoch
04-26-2018, 09:04 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Can't wait!

dba
04-26-2018, 11:07 PM
Thank you George! I await the track list and have pre ordered

Bluebrock
04-27-2018, 12:01 PM
So are we George. You will have to give a copy to Diana next time you catch her in Vegas ha ha!

mysterysinger
04-27-2018, 01:37 PM
Fab news. Looking forward to this.

lakeside
04-27-2018, 06:46 PM
https://cdn2.dustygroove.com/images/products/s/supremes~~~_supremess_101b.jpg

Supremes [[https://www.dustygroove.com/search/Supremes)
Supremes Sing Holland Dozier Holland [[expanded edition – with bonus tracks)

CD [[Item 882750) Motown, 1966 — Condition: New Copy

https://cdn2.dustygroove.com/images/icons/watchlist.png
Add to
Watch List
On June 15, 2018
CD

[[https://www.dustygroove.com/browse/soul/CD)

One of the best-ever albums by the Supremes – and filled with stone classics, to boot! As the title states, Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard team up with Holland Dozier Holland – and they really to create the sound that would put them and Motown on the map. A couple of the biggest hits are laid down, but album also features tracks that are arguably even better to hear these days – as they spin out that quintessential Motown sound but aren't hampered by the ubiquity of the oldies radio staples! Titles include "You Keep Me Hanging On", "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone", "I Guess I'll Always Love You", "I'll Turn To Stone", "It's The Same Old Song", "Love Is In Our Hearts", 'There's No Stopping Us Now" and "Love Is Like A Heatwave". © 1996-2018, Dusty Groove, Inc.

whitesoxx
04-28-2018, 11:38 AM
Any news on the expanded "Ross" 78 which was supposed to come out this year as well?

daviddh
04-28-2018, 11:49 AM
just ordered mine
I think Ross 78 may be held back until sept for the 40th anniversary but then again Universal seems to make us wait ,...and wait and wait.
SING HDH has been done for months

mysterysinger
04-28-2018, 02:15 PM
I suspect Ross 78 expanded will once again be a download only edition.

greg jones
04-28-2018, 02:29 PM
Can't wait for this one. Hope Andy & George have started on the next, which I suspect should be Reflections Expanded Edition.

vgalindo
04-28-2018, 03:06 PM
I suspect Ross 78 expanded will once again be a download only edition.
I sure hope not. I really love to have physical product.

smallworld
04-28-2018, 03:09 PM
Is the Reflections LP the last to have a mono mix? Or was the stereo just folded down for territories like the UK?

smallworld
04-28-2018, 03:15 PM
I've never liked the Sing HDH artwork - or at least the artwork as I've seen it on the internet. The image of the trio looks so grainy, like something out of a homemade newsletter.

rovereab
04-28-2018, 05:03 PM
The UK "Supremes Sing Motown" cover looked much better to my eyes.

woodward
04-28-2018, 07:44 PM
I've never liked the Sing HDH artwork - or at least the artwork as I've seen it on the internet. The image of the trio looks so grainy, like something out of a homemade newsletter.

I had thought about this earlier. I agree with you, the artwork is not top shelf. It would be great to see the pictures of the Supremes as well as HDH on a new cover of the proposed release.

bradsupremes
04-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Is the Reflections LP the last to have a mono mix? Or was the stereo just folded down for territories like the UK?

It is the last Supremes LP to be mixed in both mono and stereo. I have never heard the mono mix of the album although I do know "Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things)" has an alternate vocal on the mono album. I have two LP's of Reflections and they're both in stereo. The early 90's CD issue was the stereo mix.

jobeterob
04-29-2018, 12:24 AM
I’m surprised about the comments regarding the cover

I recall Rolling Stone said it was a great cover featuring three strong black women and I’ve always thought it was a classic look

jobeterob
04-29-2018, 12:27 AM
And looking at it again, the standout is Mary although Diana looks strong too

Fourtopsbiggestfan
04-29-2018, 01:56 AM
They should've used the actual photo and not those pesky effects that make my eyes hurt.

jack020
04-29-2018, 02:37 AM
In the Netherlands we got this cover:14168

vgalindo
04-29-2018, 02:51 AM
I love the original US album cover. I don't care for this one. IMHO

brothadc
04-29-2018, 05:19 AM
It is the last Supremes LP to be mixed in both mono and stereo. I have never heard the mono mix of the album although I do know "Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things)" has an alternate vocal on the mono album. I have two LP's of Reflections and they're both in stereo. The early 90's CD issue was the stereo mix.

Actually there was a mono mix of the album "Love Child", and the album "Diana Ross & The Supremes Sing & Perform Funny Girl". I believe they were white label DJ Promotional copies. On the mono "Love Child" album there's a mono mix of the alternate version of "I'll Set You Free" that's in stereo on Diana Ross & The Supremes- Supreme Rarities Motown Lost & Found.

jobucats
04-29-2018, 08:22 AM
I love the original US album cover. I don't care for this one. IMHO

I agree. When I first saw this cover years ago, I thought it was one of those other dime store record companies' releases of the Motown catalogue. In my opinion, it's not classy at all. Looks almost like it could be a cover for the C&W album [[especially the font). But that's my opinion.

reese
04-29-2018, 08:34 AM
Actually there was a mono mix of the album "Love Child", and the album "Diana Ross & The Supremes Sing & Perform Funny Girl". I believe they were white label DJ Promotional copies. On the mono "Love Child" album there's a mono mix of the alternate version of "I'll Set You Free" that's in stereo on Diana Ross & The Supremes- Supreme Rarities Motown Lost & Found.

I also have a mono version of DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES JOIN THE TEMPTATIONS.

I don't think it is a dj promo as most of those that I have placed a black mono sticker over the STEREO logo. But in this case, MONO is actually printed on the album cover, right above the Motown logo.

bradsupremes
04-29-2018, 09:08 AM

The white label DJ promotional copies were mono fold downs of the stereo album.

captainjames
04-29-2018, 09:45 AM
Love the US cover of HDH and I wouldn't had it any other way. That picture immortalized them kind of like the one that was done with Hall and Oats. I remember so many folks talking about it. The Gold background signifying Gold Records/Music and the girls staring at you as if to say we finally made it.

Laserdk
04-29-2018, 11:39 AM

Jack 020,

That cover you posted was used, here, in the UK. This is the slightly different pose of the group used for the Dutch release:-

https://img.discogs.com/7XIRBXIMtcpiVKtel6gPBxhSuSI=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc[[):format[[jpeg):mode_rgb[[):qualit y[[40)/discogs-images/R-10950667-1507064301-6714.jpeg.jpg

Ivor

jobeterob
04-29-2018, 12:49 PM
Yes I agree - they were immortalized in the original album cover picture

Jimi LaLumia
04-29-2018, 01:01 PM
I got this album the week it came out... the cover sticks in my mind as the ultimate , group mind set, 'here we are, mo fo, you wanna come for us, just try!!"..Love the cover to death, everyone who doesn't can just get over theyselves!!! [[haha, yes, I know what i said...mo fo!!!)

nathanj06
04-29-2018, 01:14 PM
Always loved this cover. After all it was the 60s but that photo is very iconic. I take it that "Sing Rodgers & Hart" will be bypassed since it was released in its entirety? Be great to have a reissue in digipak but happy to get this. Reflections should be an awesome set also but what about those misc. sets and the live albums? Any input or George if you're watching? Not to mention TCB & GIT.....

bradsupremes
04-29-2018, 01:47 PM
One of the mock covers for Sing HDH was the live shot of the girls with their arms in the air at the Fairmont Hotel and "The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland" text in the upper left corner. The photo of the girls would be used on the back of the Sing Rodgers & Hart album.

smallworld
04-29-2018, 01:55 PM
The image looks way better sans grain and less cropped, as above.

I could deal with the grainy image if the background actually were gold, rather than a sandy yellow or... buttermilk yellow as it tends to appear.

A gold, glistening background would look great against the plain black of the image and text.

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
04-29-2018, 08:30 PM
Always loved this cover. After all it was the 60s but that photo is very iconic. I take it that "Sing Rodgers & Hart" will be bypassed since it was released in its entirety? Be great to have a reissue in digipak but happy to get this. Reflections should be an awesome set also but what about those misc. sets and the live albums? Any input or George if you're watching? Not to mention TCB & GIT.....

I too would love to see Rogers & Hart with the mono/stereo and unreleased recordings in one collection.

bradsupremes
04-29-2018, 09:26 PM
I too would love to see Rogers & Hart with the mono/stereo and unreleased recordings in one collection.

That's one of my requests too! I've never heard the mono mix of the album. The only LP's I've come across was the stereo mix.

Disc One: Mono & Stereo albums
Disc Two: Brand new mixes of all 25 tracks from the sessions

Fourtopsbiggestfan
04-30-2018, 01:48 AM
You all got me curious. Just checking my copies of RODGERS AND HART. I have a mono and a stereo copy.

bradsupremes
04-30-2018, 09:47 AM
Official press release for Supremes Sing HDH!

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/supremes-sing-holland-dozier-holland-gets-2cd-expanded-reissue/

DJMoch
04-30-2018, 09:50 AM
I just saw the tracklisting on the Facebook group, and damn it looks good! Can't wait for June 15 now!!!

danman869
04-30-2018, 10:19 AM
Pre-order The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland!

The complete track listing for the expanded album is as follows:

Disc 1

Original Mono [[1-12) and Stereo [[13-24) LPs

01./13. You Keep Me Hangin’ On

02./14. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart)

03./15. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone

04./16. Mother You, Smother You

05./17. I Guess I’ll Always Love You

06./18. I’ll Turn To Stone

07./19. It’s The Same Old Song

08./20. Going Down For The Third Time

09./21. Love Is In Our Hearts

10./22. Remove This Doubt

11./23. There’s No Stopping Us Now

12./24. [[Love Is Like A) Heat Wave

Bonus Tracks

25. The Happening [[Extended hit mix)

26. All I Know About You [[Extended mix)

27. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone [[Version 3)

28. We Couldn’t Get Along Without You [[Extended mix)

29. You Keep Me Hangin’ On [[Extended “cool” alternate)

Disc 2

01. You Can’t Hurry Love [[Extended alternate)

02. The Happening [[Film versions)

03. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone [[Version 1)

04. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart) [[Gladys Knight and The Pips Duet mix)

05. I Guess I’ll Always Love You [[Extended mix)

06. Going Down For The Third Time [[Extended mix)

07. Remove This Doubt [[Extended mix)

08. I Can’t Help Myself [[Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) – Where Did Our Love Go [[Motown Mashup)

Live At The Copa May 1967

09. Put On A Happy Face

10. Medley: Stop! In The Name Of Love/Come See About Me/My World Is Empty Without You/Baby Love

11. My Favorite Things

12. You Keep Me Hangin’ On

13. The Lady Is A Tramp/Let’s Get Away From It All

14. I Hear A Symphony

15. From This Moment On

16. Queen Of The House

17. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone

18. Somewhere

19. You Can’t Hurry Love

20. Medley: Thoroughly Modern Millie/Second Hand Rose/Mame

21. Group Introductions

22. You’re Nobody Til Somebody Loves You

23. The Happening

jobeterob
04-30-2018, 10:33 AM
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/supremes-sing-holland-dozier-holland-gets-2cd-expanded-reissue/

JohnnyB
04-30-2018, 11:46 AM

Awesome track list! I’m especially excited about the extended versions of various album tracks. Definitely worth the wait...

nathanj06
04-30-2018, 11:46 AM
This will be amazing as usual. It's so good to trust people like George, Andy & Harry to deliver these incredible sets.

sup_fan
04-30-2018, 11:53 AM
glad they've added in the longer version of You Can't Hurry Love. I'm assuming this is the version released on the Japanese greatest hits and includes the edited bridge between chorus 2 and verse 2. was odd they didn't include this on A Go Go but better late than never

I'm surprised they aren't including more versions of YKMHO.

original single mix
stereo lp mix
#1 mix - this includes the hard-stop ending and the extra chorus in the middle of the song
The Motown Story mix - this has M and F repeating the chorus at the end

There are a few different versions of the song where the background vocals start in different places. As recorded, M and F sing the chorus at the beginning and then their famous "ooos" but different versions that have been released have them starting at different times.

luckyluckyme
04-30-2018, 12:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySaTqVVxBI

Fourtopsbiggestfan
04-30-2018, 12:05 PM
Fantastic news. Now once we see the photo it's onward and upward to June.🙂🙂🙂

bradsupremes
04-30-2018, 12:38 PM
Here is the official press release:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-supremes-keep-us-hangin-on-by-honoring-50-plus-years-of-the-supremes-sing-holland-dozier-holland-300638444.html

DJMoch
04-30-2018, 12:53 PM
Revisiting my extended re-edit of YKMHO in anticipation for what is to be yet ANOTHER incredible Supremes deluxe set [[Sing H-D-H is probably my favourite Supremes album of all time, so to say I'm looking forward to this is a massive understatement.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSi6FVKqjL0

DJMoch
04-30-2018, 12:56 PM
One of the things I'm most looking forward to from this set is an extended version of "All I Know About You". I love that song so much, but at just over 2 minutes, is barely a song frankly, so to know a longer mix of that is coming is very exciting to me. In fact, all of these extended versions are exciting me. Just a question about these extensions, are they going to feature alternate vocals or the original vocals?

04-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Although not an H/D/H production, I am surprised that My Guy was not included as I am sure they could have remixed it for this collection. I am also surprised that It's Going All The Way To True Love wasn't included. Wasn't this Florence's last recording before leaving the group or am I wrong? Otherwise I am very excited and can not wait to get this set :D

luckyluckyme
04-30-2018, 01:39 PM
https://theseconddisc.com/

RanRan79
04-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Although not an H/D/H production, I am surprised that My Guy was not included as I am sure they could have remixed it for this collection. I am also surprised that It's Going All The Way To True Love wasn't included. Wasn't this Florence's last recording before leaving the group or am I wrong? Otherwise I am very excited and can not wait to get this set :D

I hate their version of "My Guy". I can't imagine the guys being able to do anything to it to make it sound any better. As for "Going All the Way", I believe it was recorded a few weeks before Florence left. The HDH album came out in January, so the song would probably be on Reflections expanded.

carlo
04-30-2018, 02:30 PM
I am also surprised that It's Going All The Way To True Love wasn't included.

Maybe it will be on the Reflections Expanded? :)

I am so excited for this set, especially for the extended mix of "Remove This Doubt". One of my all time favourite Supremes songs. The background vocals are so awesome and haunting.

sup_fan
04-30-2018, 02:31 PM

It's Going All The Way would really fall more into the Reflections lp timeline. it was recorded at the same time as In and out of love. But good call on My Guy. that was recorded in Oct 66. I know it was on the pink box set. maybe that's the only version and there wasn't any point of using a slot on these cds when other alt tunes could make the cut

George Solomon
04-30-2018, 02:35 PM

Studio tracks for this set were limited to H-D-H. The tracks you mentioned will be included on the next...

mysterysinger
04-30-2018, 03:04 PM
Mr George how could you hint on the next one, when this one is not yet in our hands?. You should be proud of yourself.

Circa 1824
05-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Besides Amazon, where else can one order this CD ?
[[Why? Jeff Bezos made $12 BILLION in one day last week.)

BTW, I am waiting breathlessly for Love Child.

Circa 1824
05-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Revisiting my extended re-edit of YKMHO in anticipation for what is to be yet ANOTHER incredible Supremes deluxe set [[Sing H-D-H is probably my favourite Supremes album of all time, so to say I'm looking forward to this is a massive understatement.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSi6FVKqjL0

Holy catfish DJ, this is so dern hot! Did I just get burned?

thanxal
05-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Studio tracks for this set were limited to H-D-H. The tracks you mentioned will be included on the next...
Oh, George! You Keep Me Hangin' On.

jobucats
05-01-2018, 10:34 AM
I agree. When I first saw this cover years ago, I thought it was one of those other dime store record companies' releases of the Motown catalogue. In my opinion, it's not classy at all. Looks almost like it could be a cover for the C&W album [[especially the font). But that's my opinion.
Just to clarify, my statement regarding the dime store look was directed about the cover where Florence is sitting in the middle. I love the US cover.

Circa 1824
05-01-2018, 10:38 AM
https://themusicuniverse.com/the-supremes-sing-holland-dozier-holland-gets-expanded/

the track list

mysterysinger
05-03-2018, 06:17 AM
Currently just over £22 on pre-release on Amazon UK. Tellingly A Go Go Expanded is now half that figure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supremes-Sing-Holland-Dozier-Expanded/dp/B07CNC32B8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1525342406&sr=1-1&keywords=supremes+expanded

thanxal
05-03-2018, 07:56 AM
Currently just over £22 on pre-release on Amazon UK. Tellingly A Go Go Expanded is now half that figure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supremes-Sing-Holland-Dozier-Expanded/dp/B07CNC32B8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1525342406&sr=1-1&keywords=supremes+expanded

Every time I’ve preordered on Amazon the initial price has fallen, often by quite a bit, before the date of release.

booty
05-03-2018, 11:46 AM

Strange one this. It is a third party seller and not Amazon UK.

thanxal
05-03-2018, 02:09 PM
The cover is now up on Amazon. I've always loved this photo. The color? Not as much.

marybrewster
05-03-2018, 07:10 PM
I am happy to pay whatever the cost to have these Expanded Editions in physical format.

sophisticated_soul
05-03-2018, 07:27 PM
$19.15 at Importcds

https://www.importcds.com/the-supremes-sing-holland-dozier-holland-expanded-edition/602567368526

DJMoch
05-03-2018, 08:57 PM
I love the picture, and don't mind the colour of the album. It's the graininess of the picture I can't stand, it looks like an early computer graphic from something like the 1980s, LOL.

daviddh
05-04-2018, 07:43 AM
I thought there were 6 versions of YKMHO so I am also surprised more of these were not used here instead of YCHL or the Happening but I will assume it is in the time line. but looking forward to this

Fourtopsbiggestfan
05-04-2018, 09:17 AM
Also I can't wait to see the recording timelines. That's a huge knack of mine.

sup_fan
05-04-2018, 04:16 PM
I thought there were 6 versions of YKMHO so I am also surprised more of these were not used here instead of YCHL or the Happening but I will assume it is in the time line. but looking forward to this

my thoughts exactly. the differences I've been able to identify [[aside from stereo and mono) are:

1. the hard stop ending
2. the cut of a chorus repeat just before the bridge [[was included in the No 1 version)
3. the various entrances/exits of F and M - there are several different versions of where they first start their background vocals and if they are repeating the choruses at the end. variations on this part seem to make up the bulk of the different iterations out there. some have the well-known Ooo-ooo-ooo's starting earlier than others.

lakeside
05-04-2018, 04:58 PM
$19.15 at Importcds

https://www.importcds.com/the-supremes-sing-holland-dozier-holland-expanded-edition/602567368526

Just ordered mine from importcds. $19.15!

sophisticated_soul
05-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Just ordered mine from importcds. $19.15!

Importcds almost always has the best price. They are my first go-to source.:)

bradsupremes
05-04-2018, 09:42 PM
my thoughts exactly. the differences I've been able to identify [[aside from stereo and mono) are:

1. the hard stop ending
2. the cut of a chorus repeat just before the bridge [[was included in the No 1 version)
3. the various entrances/exits of F and M - there are several different versions of where they first start their background vocals and if they are repeating the choruses at the end. variations on this part seem to make up the bulk of the different iterations out there. some have the well-known Ooo-ooo-ooo's starting earlier than others.

There is an Extended Cool Alternate on the tracklist. I’m sure Andy & George will have all vocals as it was recorded play in the track.

marv2
05-04-2018, 11:19 PM
It would be nice if Florence's family received some of the proceeds from this release.

Fourtopsbiggestfan
05-05-2018, 03:30 AM
There is an Extended Cool Alternate on the tracklist. I’m sure Andy & George will have all vocals as it was recorded play in the track.

Similar to what they did with LOVE IS LIKE AN ITCHING IN MY HEART?

bradsupremes
05-05-2018, 08:12 AM
Similar to what they did with LOVE IS LIKE AN ITCHING IN MY HEART?

I don’t know. I haven’t heard it, but judging by what they done in the past on previous EE’s, they pull no punches. I’m sure this along with the other Extended mixes will be just as amazing as the others.

Fourtopsbiggestfan
05-05-2018, 03:34 PM
I don’t know. I haven’t heard it, but judging by what they done in the past on previous EE’s, they pull no punches. I’m sure this along with the other Extended mixes will be just as amazing as the others.

The different versions put together. https://youtu.be/N3wgvwBOpFo

Boogiedown
05-05-2018, 10:22 PM
The cover is now up on Amazon. I've always loved this photo. The color? Not as much.

With her sinuous eye contact, I would say Flo came out the winner in most connecting with the buyer holding that album cover .

TheMotownManiac
05-06-2018, 01:37 AM
With her sinuous eye contact, I would say Flo came out the winner in most connecting with the buyer holding that album cover .
Hands down! Mary looks cute but it’s not the best shot of Diana.

Bluebrock
05-06-2018, 02:24 AM
I would have to agree with you. It is not the best shot of Diana, but Flo looks relaxed and at peace with the world which is nice to see after all these years.

DWSheffer
05-06-2018, 10:24 AM
I'm very excited for this release and have my copy on pre-order, as most of us do! I still listen to "Go-Go" with some frequency, well disc 2 anyways.
I believe I've shared this in the past, but one of my treasured Motown items is the original transparency from the Motown art department used to produce the cover for H-D-H. It came from the collection of a Motown employee who worked in the department. It's neat to have a couple items connected with this iconic album. I also have Lamont Dozier's BMI award for "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone", which is also a treasured piece.
Darin

Fourtopsbiggestfan
05-06-2018, 12:12 PM
I'm very excited for this release and have my copy on pre-order, as most of us do! I still listen to "Go-Go" with some frequency, well disc 2 anyways.
I believe I've shared this in the past, but one of my treasured Motown items is the original transparency from the Motown art department used to produce the cover for H-D-H. It came from the collection of a Motown employee who worked in the department. It's neat to have a couple items connected with this iconic album. I also have Lamont Dozier's BMI award for "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone", which is also a treasured piece.
Darin

That's awesome. Thank you for sharing. Any other goodies?

DWSheffer
05-06-2018, 12:28 PM
Here's Lamont's BMI award.....that's all I have related to this album.
Darin

Fourtopsbiggestfan
05-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Here's Lamont's BMI award.....that's all I have related to this album.
Darin

Incredible. Thank you again.

RanRan79
05-07-2018, 01:19 PM

Don't forget about the Italian version.

thanxal
05-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Don't forget about the Italian version.
You Keep Marinara Hangin’ On?

RanRan79
05-07-2018, 04:27 PM
You Keep Marinara Hangin’ On?

No that's the alternate version. I don't think it was ever released. I was referring to "You Keep Mostaccioli Hangin On". It was a huge hit in Italy and certain sections of NYC and Chicago.

sansradio
05-07-2018, 05:04 PM
You jokers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5T6UqYGzuo

DJMoch
05-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Actually, I've heard two different versions of "Se Il Filo Spezzerai". One is Italian vocals all the way through, and the other has the first verse in Italian and the other two in English [[though only single-tracked, not double-tracked as in the original version). It's interesting, but very strange.

RanRan79
05-07-2018, 10:38 PM
You jokers!

Sometimes the conversations around here get so heavy. We gotta throw some jokes around every now and then.:D

RanRan79
05-07-2018, 10:40 PM
Actually, I've heard two different versions of "Se Il Filo Spezzerai". One is Italian vocals all the way through, and the other has the first verse in Italian and the other two in English [[though only single-tracked, not double-tracked as in the original version). It's interesting, but very strange.

The version on my laptop is the one with mixed languages. I have another one somewhere that's Italian all the way through. I wonder what's the story behind doing both Italian and English on the same recording. Perhaps it was a messed up take?

Jimi LaLumia
05-09-2018, 02:15 PM
Amazon just moved HDH release date to July 6th

thanxal
05-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Amazon just moved HDH release date to July 6th
I have June 29. In any case, booooooooo.

Motown Eddie
05-09-2018, 03:11 PM
I just checked my order and the release date is now June 29th. I guess Motown/UMe is keepin' us "hanging on".

thanxal
05-09-2018, 03:20 PM
It might also move back. I’ve had that happen frequently too.

marybrewster
05-14-2018, 01:52 AM
I don't recall.what the original price was on Amazon [[was it $29.99?); it's now down to $25.64.

thanxal
05-14-2018, 07:10 AM
I don't recall.what the original price was on Amazon [[was it $29.99?); it's now down to $25.64.
Yes, it was 29.99 on pre-order day.

jack020
05-14-2018, 07:14 AM
Usually after a few months after the releasedate the price drops 25-50 %.

Sotosound
05-14-2018, 07:35 AM

I have the UK release of the mono mix [[TML11073) and it's great.

danman869
05-14-2018, 12:29 PM
I also suspect [[but can’t confirm) that the more pre-orders they receive as the release date approaches, the price drops accordingly. Amazon offers a pre-order price guarantee, so even if you originally ordered it at $29.99, it honors the lowest sales price with 24-hours of release and will either charge you less or refund the difference. If this release gets down to $22.99 [[on Amazon) by release day, that’s pretty reasonable for a 2-CD set with deluxe packaging. Factor in free shipping to receive ON release day and it’s worth it...to me, at least.

Jimi LaLumia
05-14-2018, 12:37 PM
I always use Amazon..I'm a 'prime' member [[primette?), the service is great and the industry always looks at the Amazon sales to see what's happening so it bodes better for more future releases

mysterysinger
05-14-2018, 12:38 PM
Currently £19.15 on UK Amazon

danman869
05-14-2018, 01:02 PM
Oh—and, once again, I encourage everyone who is enjoying these releases [[specifically on The Supremes) should buy AT LEAST two copies of the set if not more. Keep one in the house and one in the car...keep one sealed for the shelf and one to open and play...one to keep and one to give to a friend...or one to keep and one to sell for a profit in 5 years when it’s out of print! Regardless, sales is the only way we continue to see releases by The Supremes and our other favorite Motown artists. My two copies are pre-ordered!

Philles/Motown Gary
05-14-2018, 01:17 PM
Oh—and, once again, I encourage everyone who is enjoying these releases [[specifically on The Supremes) should buy AT LEAST two copies of the set if not more. Keep one in the house and one in the car...keep one sealed for the shelf and one to open and play...one to keep and one to give to a friend...or one to keep and one to sell for a profit in 5 years when it’s out of print! Regardless, sales is the only way we continue to see releases by The Supremes and our other favorite Motown artists.

My two copies are pre-ordered!

As are mine [[one for a friend)!

thanxal
05-14-2018, 03:59 PM
Oh—and, once again, I encourage everyone who is enjoying these releases [[specifically on The Supremes) should buy AT LEAST two copies of the set if not more. ..keep one sealed for the shelf and one to open and play...
I do exactly that!

luke
05-14-2018, 04:16 PM
Didn’t a go go sell out?

longtimefan
05-14-2018, 05:42 PM
Importcds.com

$19 no postage

I use them all of the time.

luke
05-14-2018, 05:51 PM
Now Amazon says it will be released June 29.

marybrewster
05-15-2018, 01:18 AM
It's worth it to me to pay the few extra $$$ and buy through Amazon. It's fun to watch how it sells and where it ranks. $29, $26: it's a steal either way to have this expanded and in physical form.

TheMotownManiac
05-15-2018, 05:30 AM
I buy through import because they make it easier for those with low incomes to be able to buy these. Amazon is amazing, but they destroyed the record industry retailwise with their pricing and lack of tax ramifications. No more stored to browse through in malls, no more promo materials ........ I buy locally when I can or at import for price - then amazon as a last resort.

vgalindo
05-15-2018, 12:17 PM
I buy through import because they make it easier for those with low incomes to be able to buy these. Amazon is amazing, but they destroyed the record industry retailwise with their pricing and lack of tax ramifications. No more stored to browse through in malls, no more promo materials ........ I buy locally when I can or at import for price - then amazon as a last resort.
When "A Go Go" was released I pre-ordered through Amazon on the first day it was announced. When the release date arrived my order went into processing for days and days. Just because i didn't update my shipping to prime or refused to pay a higher shipping cost they made me wait forever. I finally cancelled the order and bought it locally from Rasputin. I will not play those games with Amazon. Did you know they stopped shipping small items that have free shipping unless it equals $25.00 or more. Said it isn't worth it to them.

daviddh
05-17-2018, 05:57 PM
I was hoping both Love Is a Heatwave and Same Old Song would be remixed as both seem watered down to me. neither got a 2018 mix, darn.
I suppose we will get Reflections this time next year

honest man
05-20-2018, 05:07 AM
Currently available on AmazonUk,hmmm,,,,m,

honest man
05-20-2018, 05:08 AM
Unavailable correction,

Boogiedown
05-20-2018, 01:47 PM
"04. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart) [[Gladys Knight and The Pips Duet mix)"

Does this mean a DIana Ross/Gladys Knight duet to be heard?

reese
05-20-2018, 01:53 PM
"04. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart) [[Gladys Knight and The Pips Duet mix)"

Does this mean a DIana Ross/Gladys Knight duet to be heard?

It means they combined Diana and Gladys' vocals, like they did with Diana and Levi's vocals on SHAKE ME WAKE ME on the A GO GO set.

Boogiedown
05-20-2018, 02:09 PM
It means they combined Diana and Gladys' vocals, like they did with Diana and Levi's vocals on SHAKE ME WAKE ME on the A GO GO set.

Or like they did with Diana's and Marvin's? lol!

I'd like to hear that Levi/DIana combo.
I'll have to check to see if it's on YouTube .

And hearing Diana's and Gladys' voices together will be most interesting!

daviddh
05-20-2018, 03:42 PM
and a possible Diana and Marvin expanded set with additional vocals found....but maybe we will get ROSS 78 first

Bluebrock
05-21-2018, 02:07 AM
and a possible Diana and Marvin expanded set with additional vocals found....but maybe we will get ROSS 78 first
That would be nice, but it is Ross78 that i want first. We have waited so long for it.

daviddh
05-22-2018, 05:04 AM
That would be nice, but it is Ross78 that i want first. We have waited so long for it.
yes I agree....and the last one to get a cd /expanded release

vgalindo
05-22-2018, 12:39 PM
yes I agree....and the last one to get a cd /expanded release
I also agree. I have been wanting Ross 78 forever.

soulster
05-22-2018, 05:44 PM
I haven't yet read the thread, but "The Supremes Sing H-D-H" sounds like an automatic purchase for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the "Supremes-A-Go-Go" set from last year. And, they mastered it beautifully, so I expect the same quality on the new one.

Thanks for the heads-up!

marybrewster
05-23-2018, 01:37 AM
$25.64 now down to $24.99!

marybrewster
06-13-2018, 11:37 AM
$24.99 now down to $20.19!

vgalindo
06-13-2018, 12:20 PM
$25.64 now down to $24.99!
I think they like to move it below $25.00 so you have to pay shipping unless you are a Prime member.

carlo
06-15-2018, 01:31 AM
Fyi there is a digital single from this collection that has been released, for download on iTunes and streaming on all major services [[Spotify, etc). It is an extended demo version of The Happening.

soulster
06-15-2018, 04:25 AM
The 2CD set is now $20.19 on Amazon U.S.! Pre-order now!

Roberta75
06-15-2018, 09:24 AM

Thats a real good price. Im ordering or preordering today. Thanks

thanxal
06-15-2018, 10:29 AM
Wow. That is a great price.

144man
06-15-2018, 11:47 AM
Still not available for pre-order on Amazon UK. First time I've known that to happen so close to release date.

soulster
06-16-2018, 03:13 PM
Thats a real good price. Im ordering or preordering today. Thanks
Well, I saw some people posting on the other thread that it is $24.99 today, so what I saw must have been a glitch. I just checked and Amazon tells me that my order changed. It's back to $24.99 again.

marybrewster
06-21-2018, 10:19 AM
The wait is almost over! 8 days and counting!

This 2CD Expanded Edition of The Supremes’ chart-topping, ‘The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland,’ includes a whopping 52 tracks that magnify the scope of a seminal album that made history. It includes 28 tracks heard for the first time via updated mixes & alternate versions, as well as a score of electrifying live performances captured at the Copacabana nightclub in New York City in May 1967, the last recorded performance of the original trio: Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard.

marybrewster
06-22-2018, 02:52 AM
Back down to $20.19! Grab it while you can!

thanxal
06-22-2018, 08:43 AM
Back down to $20.19! Grab it while you can!
This really is an amazing price considering what you're getting. That's $10.095/disc. I recall paying $8.99 or 9.99 in the early 1990s for each of the original CDs in that series. I have the 1986 version of Supremes Sing HDH. Let's say I paid $8.99 in 1992 dollars. And now the new set is only $10.09 a disc ?!? Amazing! Again, a most gracious "thank you" to George, Andy & the team.

TomatoTom123
06-22-2018, 08:44 AM
I should get this. :)

bradsupremes
06-24-2018, 12:31 AM
Press Release from last week

Los Angeles – June 15, 2018 – On June 29, in anticipation of the upcoming 60th anniversary of Motown — a.k.a. Hitsville U.S.A. — and inspired by the album’s own recent 51st anniversary, Motown/UMe is releasing a 51-track, 2-CD Expanded Edition of The Supremes’ tenth studio effort, the chart-topping The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland. The collection magnifies the scope of a seminal album that made history, including 27 tracks that are heard here for the first time via a number of updated mixes and alternate versions, as well as electrifying live performances captured at the Copacabana nightclub in New York City in May 1967, the last recorded performance of the original trio: Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard.

The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland, originally released in January 1967, further cemented the group’s chart prowess and vocal harmonizing skills. Inspired by the production team who along with the group had come to define the “Motown Sound” – producers Brian Holland and Lamont Dozier and lyricist Edward Holland Jr. – spawned a pair of universally loved No. 1 singles, the forever-pleading “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” and the heartbreakingly dramatic “Love Is Here and Now You’re Gone.” The LP also went to No. 1 on the Billboard R&B Albums Chart, their fourth album to do so up to that point, while peaking at no. 6 Pop.

Formed in Detroit as The Primettes in 1959, The Supremes were Motown’s most successful act of the 1960s, scoring 12 No. 1 singles. They also continue to reign as America’s most successful vocal group to date. Their influence not only carries on in contemporary R&B, soul and pop, they also helped pave the way for mainstream success by African-American artists across all genres.

The expanded The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland includes the original mono album on CD for the first time and the stereo version newly remastered, plus several rare and new mixes created exclusively for this expanded edition, featuring alternate versions and alternate mixes of the hits. Among them: the original film version of the No. 1 hit “The Happening,” which was re-cut for the single version and is now a revised, correct mix and edit of the version that appeared in The Supremes box set; a version of “Love Is Here and Now You’re Gone” with a vocal previously available only on a Japanese Greatest Hits release; a new mix of “You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart)” that includes previously muted strings; and a rare live concert from the Copacabana in New York, in May 1967, one of the last performances of the group with Florence Ballard. This spirited show, two years on from the Supremes album Live at the Copa, is a masterful blend of Supremes hits and show tunes, the epitome of Motown founder Berry Gordy’s vision for his Detroit-based company.

Also included in the package are two booklets; they are, in addition to the music, a collector’s dream: one, with 32 pages, has a new essay, detailed track annotations, a Supremes timeline, a new interview with Lamont Dozier, and rare and never-before-seen photographs. The other, with 24 pages, recreates The Supremes’ 1967 souvenir tour program.

Fifty-plus years on, The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland receives a well-deserved remastered expansion, produced by the team responsible for previous expanded editions, Andrew Skurow and George Solomon, and remastered by Universal Music’s Kevin Reeves. These collections continue to keep us hangin’ on to the most intuitive and most indelible blend of perfect harmonizing and majestic songwriting of the very best artists and creative teams Motown had to offer.

Preorder The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland: Expanded Edition here

classic.motown.com/artist/the-supremes

facebook.com/Supremes

twitter.com/ClassicMotown

The Supremes THE SUPREMES SING HOLLAND-DOZIER-HOLLAND: EXPANDED EDITION [2 CD]

Disc 1

Original Mono [[1-12) and Stereo [[13-24) LPs
01./13. You Keep Me Hangin’ On
02./14. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart)
03./15. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone
04./16. Mother You, Smother You
05./17. I Guess I’ll Always Love You
06./18. I’ll Turn To Stone
07./19. It’s The Same Old Song
08./20. Going Down For The Third Time
09./21. Love Is In Our Hearts
10./22. Remove This Doubt
11./23. There’s No Stopping Us Now
12./24. [[Love Is Like A) Heat Wave

Bonus Tracks
25. The Happening [[extended hit mix)
26. All I Know About You [[extended mix)
27. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone [[Version 3)
28. We Couldn’t Get Along Without You [[extended mix)
29. You Keep Me Hangin’ On [[extended “cool” alternate)

Disc 2

01. You Can’t Hurry Love [[extended alternate)
02. The Happening [[film versions)
03. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone [[version 1)
04. You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart) [[strings mix)
05. I Guess I’ll Always Love You [[extended mix)
06. Going Down For The Third Time [[extended mix)
07. Remove This Doubt [[extended mix)

Live At The Copa May 1967
08. Put On A Happy Face
09. Medley: Stop! In The Name Of Love/Come See About Me/My World Is Empty Without You/Baby Love
10. My Favorite Things
11. You Keep Me Hangin’ On
12. The Lady Is A Tramp/Let’s Get Away From It All
13. I Hear A Symphony
14. From This Moment On
15. Queen Of The House
16. Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone
17. Somewhere
18. You Can’t Hurry Love
19. Medley: Thoroughly Modern Millie/Second Hand Rose/Mame
20. Group Introductions
21. You’re Nobody Til Somebody Loves You
22. The Happening

mowsville
06-24-2018, 12:45 PM
There is nothing on the above track listing about the duet version of "Always In My Heart"..its saying that there is a strings version...i hope they have not issued the fake duet that includes strings instead of a full proper version with strings...this has always been my favourite Supremes song and i would love to hear the original version with strings instead of one of those fake duets...fingers crossed.

George Solomon
06-24-2018, 02:58 PM
There is nothing on the above track listing about the duet version of "Always In My Heart"..its saying that there is a strings version...i hope they have not issued the fake duet that includes strings instead of a full proper version with strings...this has always been my favourite Supremes song and i would love to hear the original version with strings instead of one of those fake duets...fingers crossed.
It's not a duet. The original track list posted last month was a bit premature. [[The same thing happened with A Go Go). Strings were added to the Always In My Heart track in 1966 but they didn't use them in the stereo mix when the song appeared on HDH. This is the full version by The Supremes with strings and it's very nice. I'm glad it's here instead of the duet. Also the Can't Help Myself/Where Did Our Love Go mash is gone again. [[it was originally listed on A Go Go). Some clearance issues would have held up the release even longer and we didn't want that to happen! Sorry if this disappoints some but I'm very happy with the final product as it is.

mowsville
06-24-2018, 03:47 PM
Thank you George...i am so looking forward to hearing this..i have not been dissapointed by any of the expanded editions..they are all sublime and hats off to all involved.

Fourtopsbiggestfan
06-26-2018, 06:08 AM
Clearance issues? I shouldn't have read this. There's always some boss making it hard for the fine folks that put these Wonderful expanded editions together. They should've just out the mash up on there anyway.

luckyluckyme
06-26-2018, 08:57 AM
Fyi there is a digital single from this collection that has been released, for download on iTunes and streaming on all major services [[Spotify, etc). It is an extended demo version of The Happening.

Thanks, Carlo, for posting this; I had missed it when first posted.
I found it on Spotify listed by song title but with the album listed as The Happening with a 3:26 playing time.

marybrewster
06-26-2018, 04:29 PM
I would guess that CD's would start arriving this week? So exciting! Who'll get theirs first?

caliluv
06-26-2018, 05:07 PM
I would guess that CD's would start arriving this week? So exciting! Who'll get theirs first?
Just got a notification mine has been shipped. YES!! I can't believe how excited I am to receive this cd.

sophisticated_soul
06-26-2018, 07:56 PM
I received notification of shipment as well [[importcds). Very excited, remembering when I bought the album new more than a half a century ago! Time does fly. Thanks to Andy, George, Kevin and everyone else involved in making this vision a reality.:)

lakeside
06-27-2018, 08:37 AM
I received notification of shipment as well [[importcds). Very excited, remembering when I bought the album new more than a half a century ago! Time does fly. Thanks to Andy, George, Kevin and everyone else involved in making this vision a reality.:)

I also ordered from importcds, but, haven't heard peep from them? Maybe they're filling orders as they came in? Enjoy yours!

thanxal
06-27-2018, 12:00 PM
Woohoo! My 2 copies shipped this morning. Can.not.wait.

thommg
06-27-2018, 12:10 PM
My order page from Amazon US just says "Arriving June 29". I hope that stays true. I'm leaving on a short vacation on Saturday morning and would love to have this transferred to my MP3 player for the flight.

Circa 1824
06-27-2018, 01:12 PM
I am not Amazon Prime, so the arrival date for me is july 5 :[[

vgalindo
06-27-2018, 03:14 PM
Amazon just billed my credit card. Says arriving on the 29th. I am so excited!! Thanks George and Andy. Love you guys.

George Solomon
06-27-2018, 04:27 PM
Amazon just billed my credit card. Says arriving on the 29th. I am so excited!! Thanks George and Andy. Love you guys.
Mine arrives Friday too. Yes, even though I've had it for over 6 months I still buy some. Every sale helps. LOL.
For those who are going to do the digital download, please check to see if the digital booklet is there. It might not be there the first day. [[June 29) But SHOULD be there every day after. So please confirm before you buy. And many thanks to everyone. We hope you love it.

sophisticated_soul
06-27-2018, 07:34 PM
I also ordered from importcds, but, haven't heard peep from them? Maybe they're filling orders as they came in? Enjoy yours!

I'm surprised you haven't received notice from importcds yet, they've come through for me every time. No problems ever. I did order mine the first day they were accepting pre-orders, so maybe they are filling orders chronologically. But I definitely won't be the first to receive it because I did not pay for expedited shipping. We'll all have it soon enough, and that will be wonderful!:)

lakeside
06-27-2018, 10:40 PM
I'm surprised you haven't received notice from importcds yet, they've come through for me every time. No problems ever. I did order mine the first day they were accepting pre-orders, so maybe they are filling orders chronologically. But I definitely won't be the first to receive it because I did not pay for expedited shipping. We'll all have it soon enough, and that will be wonderful!:)
I just got notified this afternoon! Whew! I didn't get expedited shipping, either. Soon!

sophisticated_soul
06-28-2018, 12:07 AM
I just got notified this afternoon! Whew! I didn't get expedited shipping, either. Soon!

Very soon! So cool.:cool:

Fourtopsbiggestfan
06-28-2018, 02:21 AM
Ordered mine two days ago. Waiting for notifications.

Fourtopsbiggestfan
06-28-2018, 02:22 AM
That is my arrival time too.

danman869
06-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Amazon shipped my two copies last night and they are arriving tomorrow [[Friday) via UPS. Hurry tomorrow!

thommg
06-28-2018, 10:26 AM
Amazon shipped my two copies last night and they are arriving tomorrow [[Friday) via UPS. Hurry tomorrow!

DanMan, I haven't gotten a shipping notice from Amazon, but my orders page now says "Arriving tomorrow by 8:00pm". That should mean that they'll deliver it to my office by 3:00pm tomorrow!!!

carlo
06-28-2018, 10:37 AM
Mine says it should be arriving by 11 PM tomorrow...hurray! For once, Amazon Canada got it right and I don't need to wait an extra week... :)

danman869
06-28-2018, 01:57 PM
DanMan, I haven't gotten a shipping notice from Amazon, but my orders page now says "Arriving tomorrow by 8:00pm". That should mean that they'll deliver it to my office by 3:00pm tomorrow!!!

I hera ya, Thom! Mine shipped from the Midwest US via UPS, so at least I know UPS usually delivers by noontime in my area. If it was Amazon’s in-house Delivery service, it could be like Carlo and arrive any time up to 11PM! Hope you get yours in time for your trip! And Carlo, I am glad our dear Canadian neighbors don’t have to wait. Wish our European pals didn’t have to either!

Philles/Motown Gary
06-28-2018, 02:10 PM
My two copies from Amazon will be in my hands tomorrow [[Friday).

kenneth
06-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Ordered mine from ImportCDs. Looks like mine is awaiting a tracking number but it says it's been handed off for shipping. Looking forward so much to this release!

thommg
06-28-2018, 04:43 PM
I hera ya, Thom! Mine shipped from the Midwest US via UPS, so at least I know UPS usually delivers by noontime in my area. If it was Amazon’s in-house Delivery service, it could be like Carlo and arrive any time up to 11PM! Hope you get yours in time for your trip! And Carlo, I am glad our dear Canadian neighbors don’t have to wait. Wish our European pals didn’t have to either!

I tell ya, I'm as excited for this one as I was for A Go Go. I admit that Sing H-D-H is one of my favorite Motown albums. Now, can we all agree that this has been the slowest day in the entire year - so far???

jobucats
06-28-2018, 05:55 PM
If you are a Facebook follower of the "Diana Ross & The Supremes: Expanded Editions" page, you'll see that they posted what appears to be a picture/likeness of a page from the booklet that tells recording information about the tracks from the original HDH album. As with other edition's booklets, lots of information I didn't know is included.

marybrewster
06-29-2018, 12:59 AM
Amazon says mine will arrive by 9pm on Friday! Yay!

#supremessinghdh

sansradio
06-29-2018, 01:02 AM
And it’s up on iTunes! I’m holding out for physical, though. Great time to be a DRATS fan!

marybrewster
06-29-2018, 02:03 AM
And it’s up on iTunes! I’m holding out for physical, though. Great time to be a DRATS fan!

I appreciate that A Go Go and now HDH have been available as physical CD's. Next to the others, it's really starting to look like an impressive collection!

Of course I'm still holding out hope that someday Funny Girl will be pressed.

sansradio
06-29-2018, 02:06 AM
I appreciate that A Go Go and now HDH have been available as physical CD's. Next to the others, it's really starting to look like an impressive collection!

Of course I'm still holding out hope that someday Funny Girl will be pressed.

You said it! And, as George so kindly warned us, the digital booklet was not up when I checked. All the more reason to go physical.

caliluv
06-29-2018, 02:11 AM
I couldn't wait till mine arrives later today so I'm listening now on iTunes

lucky2012
06-29-2018, 02:49 AM
11:30 p.m. here in L.A and was about to turn in when I saw the e-mail that my pre-order is now available. Don't have to work tomorrow but wouldn't matter if I did. Amazon physical copy is arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to see it, hold it and open the booklet.
Just starting to listen from the beginning [[Mono!). Whole flood of memories and feelings. Back in the eighth grade and it's amazing how smart and prescient I was to know already that Motown was the best and would last and be with me forever.
Mother You, Smother You thrills me again with the swirling strings behind the pounding Motown beat. I'll Turn To Stone sounds even better than I remembered. [[Even think I prefer this to the Tops' version - sorry, Levi). Can't wait to get to Going Down and Remove This Doubt. Okay, gotta listen....

carlo
06-29-2018, 05:42 AM
And Carlo, I am glad our dear Canadian neighbors don’t have to wait. Wish our European pals didn’t have to either!

Thanks Dan! Can't wait :) In the meantime, I will be spoiling myself by pre-listening on Spotify :)

Yes, hope our fellow fans in the UK don't have to wait much longer. Despite it not being on Amazon UK yet, I believe there are a handful of other sites they can order it from. I can understand that frustration because there are plenty of UK releases I've had to wait weeks for, after the release date.

carlo
06-29-2018, 08:17 AM
I am in heaven with the "Remove This Doubt" Extended Mix! The extended background vocal fade out is so wonderful! This has been one of my all-time favourite Supremes songs since I was a kid. Such a beautifully haunting song with the piano and backup vocals. Diana does a stellar job with her performance as well.

I noticed there is a gruffy "HELLO!" that is shouted at the beginning of My Favourite Things [[from the Copa). Is that Flo? lol.

luckyluckyme
06-29-2018, 09:02 AM
Hmmh.. Spotify identifies track 4 of cd 2, 'You're Gone [[But Always In My Heart)' as by Gladys Knight & the Pips. Obviously someone didn't read the memo concerning the final revision of tracks.

luckyluckyme
06-29-2018, 09:39 AM
The reconstructed i.e. extended mix of 'Going Down For The Third Time' is simply amazing.
And all the studio chatter on several selections is just plain fun!
Thank you Thank you Thank you, Andy, George, Harry & Kevin.

carlo
06-29-2018, 09:58 AM
Listening to the extended version of "Going Down" with earbuds...I don't know where I've been all of these years, but I am just noticing some very quiet background "ooohs" throughout the verses, when Diana is singing. I don't know how I never noticed this before? It seems that they aren't present in the mono mix and they're fairly quiet in the stereo version. I think this new extended version makes them pop out a bit more. Nice to discover something new :)

alanbill1074
06-29-2018, 10:13 AM
Is it getting a physical UK release? I always end up importing a copy and then the U.K. release arrives. I’m confused why we can buy it digitally but not physically here. I have to get it for completeness although I’m not terribly desperate for this one so can wait a bit if it’s imminent.

carlo
06-29-2018, 10:23 AM
I love Flo's soulful "No, no, no!" in the fade out of "We Couldn't Get Along Without You"!

CoolKatz
06-29-2018, 10:31 AM
I am really loving version 3 of Love is Here, so many gems and everything is crisp and clear. The hits medley is even refreshing. Flo almost got happy during the live I hear a symphony. That chatter at the end of I Guess I'll always Love you is too funny. This is another stellar release

carlo
06-29-2018, 12:19 PM
Flo almost got happy during the live I hear a symphony.

Yes! She was takin' it to church and was getting ready to collect an offering!! :)

Fourtopsbiggestfan
06-29-2018, 02:22 PM
11:30 p.m. here in L.A and was about to turn in when I saw the e-mail that my pre-order is now available. Don't have to work tomorrow but wouldn't matter if I did. Amazon physical copy is arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to see it, hold it and open the booklet.
Just starting to listen from the beginning [[Mono!). Whole flood of memories and feelings. Back in the eighth grade and it's amazing how smart and prescient I was to know already that Motown was the best and would last and be with me forever.
Mother You, Smother You thrills me again with the swirling strings behind the pounding Motown beat. I'll Turn To Stone sounds even better than I remembered. [[Even think I prefer this to the Tops' version - sorry, Levi). Can't wait to get to Going Down and Remove This Doubt. Okay, gotta listen....

Absolutely not. Diana isn't capable of doing a song better than the Tops. The track is rushed and messy.

TheMotownManiac
06-29-2018, 02:39 PM
Ross’ Shake Me, Wake Me is often considered superior to The a Tops and I agree hands down - also Baby I Need Your Loving has a lot of votes.

bradburger
06-29-2018, 03:37 PM
For those who can't wait [[and if you are outside the US), I see that the HDH expanded edition is already up on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ltBmpF3Z-ksTUUZKduY7kkeRLIVzBjW7M

[[Note you'll need to download the ProxyFlow [[http://www.proxflow.com/?lang=en) browser extension if you wish to hear outside the US).

Cheers

Paul

LoveSupreme
06-29-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm loving this expanded edition but I'm a little confused as to why "You Can't Hurry Love [[Extended Alternate Version) is included in this set, shouldn't it have been included on A Go-Go Expanded Edition?

George Solomon
06-29-2018, 04:44 PM
I'm loving this expanded edition but I'm a little confused as to why "You Can't Hurry Love [[Extended Alternate Version) is included in this set, shouldn't it have been included on A Go-Go Expanded Edition?
We mentioned this in the liner notes... We originally planned it for A Go Go. In fact, some early track lists included it but we ran out of room. We had room here on HDH and since it's another HDH hit we included it. I guess anyone can add it to their A Go Go playlist if they want. We did a similar thing with "Ain't No Mountain" including an alternate on the Surrender Expanded. I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Thank you!

thommg
06-29-2018, 04:45 PM
That's explained in the booklet. They wanted it on A Go Go but ran out of space. They had the room for it on this release.

Circa 1824
06-29-2018, 04:47 PM
This expanded edition is beyond magnificent. Tears are running down my face. That woman and her music meant so much to me growing up. This edition's sound is crystal clear and crisp like I have never heard it before. Diana sounds more magnificent than ever. WOW

Circa 1824
06-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Diana's vocal on the mono version of You Keep Me Hangin' On is possibly the greatest vocal in pop music history. That woman was on fire! She was rocking it! She was sooooo on-point, it was ridiculous. No one could ever better that performance. Impossible.

Circa 1824
06-29-2018, 05:28 PM
Diana's vocals were ALWAYS smack-dab on the beat or a teeny-tiny bit ahead of the beat. That was her style and I loved it. But, on Going Down for the Third Time, at 1:44, she is a tad bit late coming in when she says, "Reach out your hand for me...." I wonder if she momentarily got lost and missed her usual cue? If so, she instantly recovered which demonstrated her innate brilliance.

thanxal
06-29-2018, 08:01 PM
This set is just so well done. Just got mine a few minutes ago and listening through it. The artwork, liner notes, tracks...all of it is done so well. Many, many thanks to George, Andy and the team. You keep me hanging on!

Fourtopsbiggestfan
06-29-2018, 09:00 PM
This set is just so well done. Just got mine a few minutes ago and listening through it. The artwork, liner notes, tracks...all of it is done so well. Many, many thanks to George, Andy and the team. You keep me hanging on!

How did some of you get your copy so early?

06-29-2018, 09:57 PM
How did some of you get your copy so early?

I'm not sure. Mine is coming much earlier than expected as well. I Pre-ordered on Friday the 22nd and release date is the 29th and mine is arriving Saturday the 30th and I chose regular/free shipping too. Very weird but very very excited. Can't wait to clean and do laundry tomorrow listening to The Supremes Sing HDH Expanded :-)

vgalindo
06-30-2018, 01:07 AM
I am so happy for everyone who received their copies today. I will never pre order from Amazon again. I signed up for Prime and they said order shipped and charged my credit card. Said order would be delivered today. Guess what it wasn't. Now they are saying give it till the 3rd. I had this same problem with A Go Go and thought is was because I didn't have Prime. I had to cancel that order and bought it locally at a music store. SMDH

lucky2012
06-30-2018, 01:12 AM
Before I forget, I want to thank George, Andy & Harry.Your efforts are deeply appreciated by this Motown fan.

HDH & DMF. Best combination ever!

More Hits was actually the first Supremes Sing HDH album. I've been enjoying both albums today, back to back.

I wouldn't change More Hits. [[It was my first Supremes/Motown album).
For Supremes Sing HDH I would replace It's The Same Old Song and Heat Wave [[and include them on Supremes A' Go Go). I would include Put Yourself In My Place and Baby, I Need Your Lovin' from A' Go Go on Supremes Sing HDH, instead.

I'd send Always In My Heart to Where Did Our Love Go album. Don't know what I would replace it with. Maybe Mother Dear , versions 2 or 3. LOL

Fourtopsbiggestfan
06-30-2018, 06:04 AM
I'm not sure. Mine is coming much earlier than expected as well. I Pre-ordered on Friday the 22nd and release date is the 29th and mine is arriving Saturday the 30th and I chose regular/free shipping too. Very weird but very very excited. Can't wait to clean and do laundry tomorrow listening to The Supremes Sing HDH Expanded :-)

Really hope you enjoy. Mine should be here around the 4th. Happy fourth of SUPREMES DAY. LOL

lakeside
06-30-2018, 09:12 AM
I got postal notice it's out for delivery today! Yea! Ordered from importcd's and they
came through. I stay away from amazon when I can.

06-30-2018, 10:00 AM
Really hope you enjoy. Mine should be here around the 4th. Happy fourth of SUPREMES DAY. LOL

Thank you. You can always get your fix by listening to the album on YouTube til the 4th :p

carlo
06-30-2018, 10:03 AM
I got postal notice it's out for delivery today! Yea! Ordered from importcd's and they
came through. I stay away from amazon when I can.

I don't blame you. We have Amazon Prime [[not my choice but my partner's choice), so I like the speed factor...but they are the reason we are losing our CD and record stores. They also don't always pack items in the best manner, as my Supremes Sing HDH arrived with a slightly smushed spine. This has happened before with other releases and usually I would take the time to exchange it, but I'm at the point where I can no longer be bothered. Next time I will buy from elsewhere. I try to opt for record stores whenever I can and it doesn't mean going too far out of the way to get there...

lakeside
06-30-2018, 10:35 AM
I don't blame you. We have Amazon Prime [[not my choice but my partner's choice), so I like the speed factor...but they are the reason we are losing our CD and record stores. They also don't always pack items in the best manner, as my Supremes Sing HDH arrived with a slightly smushed spine. This has happened before with other releases and usually I would take the time to exchange it, but I'm at the point where I can no longer be bothered. Next time I will buy from elsewhere. I try to opt for record stores whenever I can and it doesn't mean going too far out of the way to get there...

I agree, Carlo. Plus, I've had 2 situations when amazon did their own
deliveries and someone else was delivered to. My postman told me
amazon hires these drivers who pay little attention and packages are
landing wherever.

carlo
06-30-2018, 10:46 AM
I agree, Carlo. Plus, I've had 2 situations when amazon did their own
deliveries and someone else was delivered to. My postman told me
amazon hires these drivers who pay little attention and packages are
landing wherever.

Yes, it is true. I have also had negative experiences with Amazon's carriers. With the Sing HDH Expanded, I entered delivery instructions with my order, asking them to leave the package in the enclosed storage doors/area that I have on my porch. However, the carrier left the box standing upright, right in front of my door, so the package was visible from the not-so-far sidewalk. Thankfully it was not stolen during the 7 hours it was sitting there, but I have had a package stolen once before, when it was left in plain sight at my front door.

Amazon seems to be the cheaper and more speedy way to shop these days, but the convenience comes at a price. Not only are traditional stores disappearing, but our mail service in Toronto has also been cut back due to the use of Amazon carriers.

TheMotownManiac
06-30-2018, 11:29 AM
It’s a testament to the glory and, yes, supremacy, of Diana, Mary and Flo. They excel in this masterpiece and this just proves why no one could touch them. Was up very late celebrating and loving this magnificent homage to a 51 year old album. Going back to bed but had to thank George and Andy. We couldn’t get along without you! ❤️

daviddh
06-30-2018, 12:14 PM
thanks to Andy , George, Kevin ,Harry and team. my favorite supremes album finally
been listening,love the new mixes......want more . I was hoping Hetwave and Same Old Song would get beefed up .love Diana vocals but these song seemed a bit out of sync with the other tracks in this collection , but it could be my ears.

sup_fan
06-30-2018, 01:55 PM
got mine yesterday. and of course, i'm thrilled with it. andy and george did an incredible job and i love it

but of course i'm listening for every little thing, change, difference, error and more. please be aware that my comments are absolutely not meant as malice. i'm must analyzing every element of the set. I love having problems, errors, voices cracking and imperfections.

1. the original album - great job remastering. i've always felt this album was uneven, with some amazing tracks and some weaker ones. Same Old Song and Heatwave frankly should have stayed in the vault. Love is in our hearts and Always in my heart just sound too out of date compared to the newer tracks. i do love the string added to Always though

2. you can't hurry love - this is my one bone to pick with andrew and george. no problem that they've included YCHL here but i would rather have the actual version from the 60s versus an extended mix they created today. there were 3 versions released in 1966 - the mono version, the stereo version and then the version on the reel to reel tape release. this version has the vocals of the stereo version but with the bridge still in tact. the version on L&F is this longer version but with an alt lead vocal. I believe the r2r version was the one on the japanese quad album. these new remixed, extended versions, duets, etc are fine but IMO only once we have the original materials first

3. YKMHO - it would be nice to have a completed unedited version on cd. with the missing extra chorus [[what was used on the #1 set), with the full stop ending and with the full, in tact backing vocals.

4. Copa - if i had to vote, i think the Rooster Tail set is the strongest live set we've received of DMF. of course i love this being the last recorded show of theirs. and i certainly understand diana's voice was affected by the cold. Not a huge fan of the rushed speed on Put On A Happy and YCHL. although i do prefer M and F work on this version of YCHL - they made a slight alteration to how they sing Love Don't Come Easy in the backgrounds and it helps. their pitch is better too. And love the harmonies in Millie/Rose/Mame but Di sounds rough during Rose!!

overall though an A+++

06-30-2018, 02:09 PM
2. you can't hurry love - this is my one bone to pick with andrew and george. no problem that they've included YCHL here but i would rather have the actual version from the 60s versus an extended mix they created today. there were 3 versions released in 1966 - the mono version, the stereo version and then the version on the reel to reel tape release. this version has the vocals of the stereo version but with the bridge still in tact. the version on L&F is this longer version but with an alt lead vocal. I believe the r2r version was the one on the japanese quad album. these new remixed, extended versions, duets, etc are fine but IMO only once we have the original materials first

I too would have loved to have the Reel To Reel version of You Can't Hurry Love on cd. I am sure it wont be included in future expanded editions for it would be out of place and I'm not sure what Universal Motown has in store for future Supremes compilations and anthologies if anything at all. It could just simply be a missed opportunity and we may never get it. I would say that if we ever do get another anthology or something that it will be included :-)

Jimi LaLumia
06-30-2018, 02:34 PM
I got my copy from Amazon this morning and am quite pleased with everything about it, especially At the Copa 1967! YEA!!

Mark Desjardines
06-30-2018, 02:37 PM
I received my copy of The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland Friday evening at 7 p.m. I heard my front door buzzer ring and was surprised to see the Amazon carrier with my delivery, here in Vancouver, Canada. I am listening to the two CD set and am 1437914380totally blown away by all the extras!

sup_fan
06-30-2018, 02:57 PM
Fortunately I was able to find it on YouTube once and downloaded. So at least I have a digital copy of it

I also find it surprising that they dropped the song from the act shortly after flo left. It’s my fav supremes song.

antceleb12
06-30-2018, 03:00 PM
I haven't gotten the physical copy yet, but I love, love LOVE what I am hearing! The remix of "Going Down for the Third Time" is HOT and by far my favorite! I love that they've expanded all the fade-outs, particularly on "The Happening," "All I Know About You," "You Keep Me Hangin' On," etc.

They've done a good job of raising of Mary and Flo's vocals so they sound fresh and more mix-forward.

I am blown away by the Copa set. I have had a bootleg copy of it for years, but hearing it in its proper mix is incredibly fresh. The full set also includes a few things missing from the bootleg version. The ladies' harmonies are swell and its once of the best live Supremes recordings ever released.

Now I don't have the booklet, so forgive me if I am missing something, but wasn't "My Guy" also recorded during the HDH sessions, as well? The only release I've seen this on is the 2000 Box Set, and it's quite good, so I'm surprised to see it not included on this release.

soulster
06-30-2018, 03:21 PM
got mine yesterday. and of course, i'm thrilled with it. andy and george did an incredible job and i love it

but of course i'm listening for every little thing, change, difference, error and more. please be aware that my comments are absolutely not meant as malice. i'm must analyzing every element of the set. I love having problems, errors, voices cracking and imperfections.

1. the original album - great job remastering. i've always felt this album was uneven, with some amazing tracks and some weaker ones. Same Old Song and Heatwave frankly should have stayed in the vault. Love is in our hearts and Always in my heart just sound too out of date compared to the newer tracks. i do love the string added to Always though

3. YKMHO - it would be nice to have a completed unedited version on cd. with the missing extra chorus [[what was used on the #1 set), with the full stop ending and with the full, in tact backing vocals.

4. Copa - if i had to vote, i think the Rooster Tail set is the strongest live set we've received of DMF. of course i love this being the last recorded show of theirs. and i certainly understand diana's voice was affected by the cold. Not a huge fan of the rushed speed on Put On A Happy and YCHL. although i do prefer M and F work on this version of YCHL - they made a slight alteration to how they sing Love Don't Come Easy in the backgrounds and it helps. their pitch is better too. And love the harmonies in Millie/Rose/Mame but Di sounds rough during Rose!!

overall though an A+++

Thank you sup_fan! I highly value your assessment of the details. This helps me to make a decision. Can you tell us about any sonic anomalies for the few audiophiles among us?:)

Skyliner
06-30-2018, 06:30 PM
I was happy to see that the booklet contained the Detroit TV Guide's photo of the Supremes in the advertisement for the 1967 Ice Capades special. I cut this picture out of my parent's TV guide that week to include in an art class collage and haven't seen it since! I loved seeing that program on television when it aired. FYI the picture was much larger in the guide.

DJMoch
06-30-2018, 10:02 PM
Absolutely loving the alternate/extended versions on this. "Third Time" has always been one of my favourite Supremes numbers, and to hear this absolutely amazing 4+ minute version is mindblowing. Same for the Hit mix of "The Happening", adding that "once I had a dream to hold..." bridge makes this the ultimate, nay, definitive version.

I can't say enough great things to the guys who made this set possible, except for: Well done, guys, you did it again!

I'm a very happy Supremes fan today.

lucky2012
07-01-2018, 12:31 AM
Absolutely not. Diana isn't capable of doing a song better than the Tops. The track is rushed and messy.

I hear you. I may not be the biggestfourtops fan but I am a fan. I respectfully disagree, however. Diana is capable of doing some songs better than Levi. The Supremes' I'll Turn To Stone is well-produced, appropriately paced [[the Tops' version is a bit languid) and Diana's assured vocal conveys the song's urgency and note of desperation convincingly.

["Ross’ Shake Me, Wake Me is often considered superior to The a Tops and I agree hands down - also Baby I Need Your Loving has a lot of votes."]

I loved the Shake Me, Wake Me mash-up on the A' Go Go expanded set. Ross' delivery conveys a touching strength which complements Levi's more emotional pleading. [[I really appreciated that the Funk Brothers track was used for the mash-up).

No Motown male vocalist can touch Levi Stubbs in my book. Diana Ross is an accomplished vocalist in her own right. She and Levi know what to do with a song. Levi's voice was big and soulful. Diana has a more eclectic Pop sensibility [[no apologies whatsoever). They are both Motown.

Re: Baby, I Need Your Loving: The Four Tops song, absolutely. But I really like and enjoy The Supremes' take on A ' Go Go. I believe Lamont Dozier once said he didn't like to just cover a song. He wanted to bring a new or different perspective.

Now, the Supremes' It's The Same Old Song is rushed and messy.

theboyfromxtown
07-01-2018, 01:57 AM
Pardon me if this question has already been asked. I don't see it.

I was brought up on the Supremes Sing Motown artwork cover and it also has a lot of good memories for me. Is that photo image in the booklet and in a position where I would be able to put it at the front of the CD?

LoveSupreme
07-01-2018, 03:36 AM
We mentioned this in the liner notes... We originally planned it for A Go Go. In fact, some early track lists included it but we ran out of room. We had room here on HDH and since it's another HDH hit we included it. I guess anyone can add it to their A Go Go playlist if they want. We did a similar thing with "Ain't No Mountain" including an alternate on the Surrender Expanded. I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Thank you!

I really am enjoying it George and thanks for the explanation as I don't yet have the physical release and was listening to the album via Apple Music.

daviddh
07-01-2018, 09:53 AM
I LOVE the new mixes,...Going Down 4 the Third Time ...OMG.
can we get a cd of new mixes, would love a new mixs on some of the other tracks and even Shake Me Wake Me,
I think Heatwave could have used a new mix.
heres a question, listening to the mono verses stereo. maybe my old ears, what are you hearing different.????
thanks to andy and team

George Solomon
07-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Pardon me if this question has already been asked. I don't see it.

I was brought up on the Supremes Sing Motown artwork cover and it also has a lot of good memories for me. Is that photo image in the booklet and in a position where I would be able to put it at the front of the CD?
The Supremes Sing Motown is the cover of the booklet. I guess you could slide the whole booklet into a jewel box case and it would be your cover.

Motown Eddie
07-01-2018, 12:32 PM
I received my copy of Supremes Sing HDH: Deluxe this morning and I'm loving it! It's great to have Lamont Dozier's recollections on the album as well as the informative timeline [[with the tantalizing 'to be continued...' ending the piece). Also great to have the front cover of The Supremes Sing Motown from the British release of the LP as well as the 'Evening With The Supremes' program from 1967. Big thanks to Harry, George, Andy & Kevin for their work in putting this set together.

floyjoy678
07-01-2018, 04:26 PM
I'm one of those old heads who still brings a CD boom box to the beach. I played both discs while on the beach yesterday and I gotta day the extended version of "Going Down for the Third Time" is the perfect beach song. Last summer it was the extended mix of "Love Is LIke An Itching". I'm in love with this set. It's very bittersweet knowing this might it from the original trio.

jobucats
07-01-2018, 04:27 PM
I am just reading through one of my booklets from the HDH Deluxe and am enjoying every minute. One "chicken wing" concern/question. The booklet states that the Supremes made their third "What's My Line" appearance on May 21, 1967. I am a big fan of this classic TV show, and I only believe it was their second appearance. I did some internet research and found a site that listed the celebrity guests who appeared on this show. Along with the May 21 date, the only other date was February 2, 1966. I do know that they appeared on "To Tell the Truth" in 1965 with Berry Gordy, however, I don't know about the other third time they appeared on WML. Loving this collection! Thanks.

George Solomon
07-01-2018, 04:48 PM
I LOVE the new mixes,...Going Down 4 the Third Time ...OMG.
can we get a cd of new mixes, would love a new mixs on some of the other tracks and even Shake Me Wake Me,
I think Heatwave could have used a new mix.
heres a question, listening to the mono verses stereo. maybe my old ears, what are you hearing different.????
thanks to andy and team
A few things to listen for... "You Keep Me Hangin' On," background vocals come in sooner on the mono mix and it has a longer fade. "Turn To Stone" longer mono fade, "Same Old Song" longer fade on the stereo mix. "Going Down For The Third Time," only Mary and Flo on the mono, some additional Andantes vocals on the stereo mix [[The same with "Heat Wave.") "Remove This Doubt," back ups muted for part of the fade on the mono mix. "Love Is In Our Hearts," different lead vocals on the mono and stereo mixes. Anyone else, feel free to jump in.

luckyluckyme
07-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Hi George,
Although my copy's not been delivered yet [[likely early this week) I've been listening on Spotify & YouTube.
I don't think I'll be much help, since I lack a knowledge of technical musical jargon.
But after ecstatically delighting in the new mixes, I've just moved on to listening to the mono vs. stereo versions on the original lp.
With regards to "Going Down For The Third Time" I do have a question, if my hearing is correct. The mono seems to have some distortion .. but there is a puzzling sound that reminds me of the sound that a train grinding to a sudden halt might make on a metal rail at various points. It seems to be at its strongest at 1:04. and 2:13-14. Do any of our golden ears members or musicologists have any idea what I'm hearing?

longtimefan
07-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Supremes at The Copa 1967
Please.... not a complaint, but I have a couple of recording of The Supremes at the Copa in 1967. There are four tracks missing on the new HDH collection:

- Yesterday
- Michelle
- More
- Let There Be Love

I am curious as to why, particularly in regards to LET THERE BE LOVE.

vgalindo
07-01-2018, 09:37 PM
I can hardly wait to get my copies. I pre-ordered using Amazon Prime and still have not received my cds. Called Amazon and they contacted UPS and were told the package is now considered lost in route and they need to open an investigation on what happened. I now had to re-order and they say it will now be delivered on June 3rd. Just my luck. I know everyone else is enjoying their copies. The pictures and reviews are wonderful. Next time it will be Import Cds not Amazon!!

antceleb12
07-01-2018, 11:11 PM
I can hardly wait to get my copies. I pre-ordered using Amazon Prime and still have not received my cds. Called Amazon and they contacted UPS and were told the package is now considered lost in route and they need to open an investigation on what happened. I now had to re-order and they say it will now be delivered on June 3rd. Just my luck. I know everyone else is enjoying their copies. The pictures and reviews are wonderful. Next time it will be Import Cds not Amazon!!

Amazon didn't lose your package, though. It's UPS. UPS has this problem all too frequently. They're horrible.

vgalindo
07-01-2018, 11:33 PM
Amazon didn't lose your package, though. It's UPS. UPS has this problem all too frequently. They're horrible.
That's true. I really prefer regular USPS.

jack020
07-02-2018, 06:05 AM
Can anyone tell what the official release date for Europe is?
Why do we always have to wait for several weeks after the American release date?

jack020
07-02-2018, 06:09 AM
Just read on Amazon DE 20 july 2018:mad:

MarvinDK
07-02-2018, 06:36 AM
Yup, July 20th is marked for release in Germany, while it seems to be available in the UK already.

Jaap
07-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Yes, the physical release in the Netherlands is also 20 July [[as stated on the website of Concerto); the digital release was the same date as the US.

PeaceNHarmony
07-02-2018, 08:36 AM
Regarding purchase point, I like to use Dusty Groove as much as possible. I find them quick and efficient and their site offers lots of titles. Buying from DG is my way of keeping smaller vendors in business.

Rican Struction
07-02-2018, 10:49 AM
Good Morning All,

This project was released on Friday, June 29, 2018. It is now Monday, July 2, 2018 and the Digital Booklet still isn't available on Apple Music or Amazon Music for download. Does anyone know if or when it will be available? I have friends who are interested in downloading this set, but are a bit hesitant as the digital booklet is not yet available.

sup_fan
07-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Thank you sup_fan! I highly value your assessment of the details. This helps me to make a decision. Can you tell us about any sonic anomalies for the few audiophiles among us?:)

hehehe more than welcome soul ;) i was going to provide a detailed, measure by measure analysis of each song. or equally as useful would be to copy everyone and simply post "yeah i got it in the mail!!" As treasured as those personal announcements are, i figured i'd share my thoughts and comments, see who agrees or disagrees and hopefully spark a dialog among the fans

theboyfromxtown
07-02-2018, 12:15 PM
The Supremes Sing Motown is the cover of the booklet. I guess you could slide the whole booklet into a jewel box case and it would be your cover.

I'm happy to have the choice. Thank you.

LoveSupreme
07-02-2018, 12:48 PM
Good Morning All,

This project was released on Friday, June 29, 2018. It is now Monday, July 2, 2018 and the Digital Booklet still isn't available on Apple Music or Amazon Music for download. Does anyone know if or when it will be available? I have friends who are interested in downloading this set, but are a bit hesitant as the digital booklet is not yet available.

As a Puerto Rican - I love your username!

luckyluckyme
07-02-2018, 02:21 PM
George,
My copy arrived in today's mail. I've been reading the booklets- great stuff!
However I do have a question: Mention was made of Mary & Flo recording vocals [[background, I presume) for "I'm Late" on Jan. 28, 1967. If the Disney sessions are part of a future expanded edition [[Reflections or other), is it likely that the song will be included, even though it appears that Diana did not record her vocals to the track? Or did she record them at some point after the Supremes Sing HDH timeline ends?

Rican Struction
07-02-2018, 02:44 PM
As a Puerto Rican - I love your username!

Thanks LoveSupreme!!!

vgalindo
07-02-2018, 07:56 PM
Just got my CDs. All I can say is Wow. It is so beautiful and the 2 booklets are amazing and gorgeous. I will be listening to the CDs all night. I can not thank everyone enough who put this project together. Especially George and Andy. Thank you, thank you. You guys really outdid yourselves. I'm loving it!!

Circa 1824
07-02-2018, 08:59 PM
There ain't a clunker in the bunch. Truly some of the finest music in pop music. I wish the younger generation could hear this. Diana would be soooo appreciated by them.

Fourtopsbiggestfan
07-03-2018, 07:50 AM
Finally got my shipping confirmation. On the way.

dickiemint
07-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Many thanks to import CD my copy has arrived this morning in the UK excellent service would recommend them
That's work done today gonna sit and let this amazing music transport me back in time

motown01
07-03-2018, 03:48 PM
I'm curious, was an alternate take ever found in the vaults of 'There's No Stopping Us Now' with a better sax break? I'm wondering what the story is behind the awful sax 'squeak' in that song, and why it was left in the final version.

daviddh
07-03-2018, 04:09 PM
A few things to listen for... "You Keep Me Hangin' On," background vocals come in sooner on the mono mix and it has a longer fade. "Turn To Stone" longer mono fade, "Same Old Song" longer fade on the stereo mix. "Going Down For The Third Time," only Mary and Flo on the mono, some additional Andantes vocals on the stereo mix [[The same with "Heat Wave.") "Remove This Doubt," back ups muted for part of the fade on the mono mix. "Love Is In Our Hearts," different lead vocals on the mono and stereo mixes. Anyone else, feel free to jump in.
thanks George,will have another listen