PDA

View Full Version : Smokey performing Ooo Baby Baby live in 2012 [[just after turning 72!)

test

midnightman
04-19-2018, 02:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT84dZwS1kM

RanRan79
04-19-2018, 09:39 AM
In all the talk about which legends still have it and which ones don't, nobody ever talks about Smokey. This dude still sounds like his freakin records!!

RanRan79
04-19-2018, 09:41 AM
Well at least he did in 2012. Hope he still sounds the same in 2018.

midnightman
04-19-2018, 02:42 PM
In all the talk about which legends still have it and which ones don't, nobody ever talks about Smokey. This dude still sounds like his freakin records!!

The way this forum is, you'd think that certain girl group was the only ones who recorded for Motown lol

But yeah Smokey is not talked about much.

RanRan79
04-19-2018, 06:21 PM
The way this forum is, you'd think that certain girl group was the only ones who recorded for Motown lol

But whose fault is that? If people want to talk everything but the Supremes they should post more stuff, like how you've been doing. At least you complain about it and post non Supremes threads. Some of these other folks who complain about it never start a single thread about anyone else. And a couple of the threads you've started, only me, you and one or two others might post in it. Where are all the complainers? Lol

Kudos to you, btw, for posting music related threads. We need these to drown out the controversy threads.

TomatoTom123
04-19-2018, 06:34 PM
Ummmm, PHEW!! The emotion in Smokey's voice, DAMN. What a legend. I think this has convinced me that I would like to see Smokey in concert. Like, right now. :cool:

midnightman
04-19-2018, 08:11 PM
But whose fault is that? If people want to talk everything but the Supremes they should post more stuff, like how you've been doing. At least you complain about it and post non Supremes threads. Some of these other folks who complain about it never start a single thread about anyone else. And a couple of the threads you've started, only me, you and one or two others might post in it. Where are all the complainers? Lol

Kudos to you, btw, for posting music related threads. We need these to drown out the controversy threads.

Thanks. I do the best I can. :) Lol
There have been SOME folks who've tried and then just gave up because of the lack of responses. :/

arr&bee
04-20-2018, 04:22 PM
Thanks midnightman,yes smokey is the only performer that i refer to as-the master-and this classic performance is one reason why,the other is he's the greatest poet since shakespear.