PDA

View Full Version : Stevie's emotional performance of You & I at Abbey Road Studios [[2005)

test

midnightman
04-07-2018, 02:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgvFhc9aCuU

He starts tearing up even before getting into the song and then pauses before getting to the first chorus. :[[

Syreeta had just died in July of the previous year. He obviously wrote it about her. To him, Syreeta remained the love of his life.

RanRan79
04-08-2018, 01:26 PM
This one tugs at the heart. It's an emotional song as it is, at least for me. But him choked up just really takes it over the edge. And then for him to end the song the way that he did after spending so much of it choked up, just shows the vocal beast that is the great Stevie Wonder.

midnightman
04-08-2018, 01:49 PM
^ Exactly. That's why I love him so much. His ability to power through pain... which is stunning, considering how private he is but as Marvin would say, "if you want to look into someone's life, hear their music" or something to that effect.

RanRan79
04-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Yes indeed. I love Stevie's voice. I sure hope he plans to release outtakes from his classic albums. I have a feeling there is some real genius stuff we haven't had the pleasure of hearing.

midnightman
04-08-2018, 01:55 PM
^ I agree. I know he's quite stubborn about it though. I remembered him saying he would burn those tapes rather than put them on CD...lol

RanRan79
04-08-2018, 04:03 PM
He said that? Steveland and I are going to have to have a serious conversation. I wish he would burn those tapes or even seriously consider it. Under certain circumstances, I will fight a blind man, so he may want to keep that in mind.:mad:

midnightman
04-08-2018, 04:30 PM
He said that? Steveland and I are going to have to have a serious conversation. I wish he would burn those tapes or even seriously consider it. Under certain circumstances, I will fight a blind man, so he may want to keep that in mind.:mad:

LOL he probably was joking tbh... :p

Guess he's waiting until he passes on to have Motown take care of them carefully... who knows? Aretha [[and Prince when he was living) has the same issue with control of something but as soon as Prince passed, we're starting to see more music from his vault. The same could happen for Aretha if she passes [[especially with that Amazing Grace film!).

I hate that I have to say it like that but that may be the only time we get to hear more of that beautiful music.

Still wanna hear the studio version of Fine Young Thang that Stevie and Wonderlove made in the studio when the BBC [[I think) filmed them shortly before Innervisions was released.

RanRan79
04-08-2018, 04:52 PM
LOL he probably was joking tbh... :p

Guess he's waiting until he passes on to have Motown take care of them carefully... who knows? Aretha [[and Prince when he was living) has the same issue with control of something but as soon as Prince passed, we're starting to see more music from his vault. The same could happen for Aretha if she passes [[especially with that Amazing Grace film!).

I hate that I have to say it like that but that may be the only time we get to hear more of that beautiful music.

Still wanna hear the studio version of Fine Young Thang that Stevie and Wonderlove made in the studio when the BBC [[I think) filmed them shortly before Innervisions was released.

Doesn't he run the risk of copyright expiration if he waits too much more longer?

If "Fine Young Thing" is sitting in Stevie's personal vault, and if it's any indication of the quality tracks he recorded but didn't release, one really does have to question what the hell is going on in Stevie's brain.

I wonder what stuff is in the vault for Queen Ree post Let Me In Your Life? And I hope there's some more stuff from the 66-73 period that didn't make it onto the rare and unreleased comp. My fear is that there isn't but I loved the stuff that did make it onto the unreleased compilation.

midnightman
04-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Doesn't he run the risk of copyright expiration if he waits too much more longer?

If "Fine Young Thing" is sitting in Stevie's personal vault, and if it's any indication of the quality tracks he recorded but didn't release, one really does have to question what the hell is going on in Stevie's brain.

I wonder what stuff is in the vault for Queen Ree post Let Me In Your Life? And I hope there's some more stuff from the 66-73 period that didn't make it onto the rare and unreleased comp. My fear is that there isn't but I loved the stuff that did make it onto the unreleased compilation.

IDK. I do know that Aretha owns her post Let Me In Your Life Atlantic material and that has stopped any of that material from being out on CD or on streaming sites [[whereas almost everything else Aretha had on Columbia, Atlantic, Arista, etc. have been released and re-released).

I don't think there's an expiration date? But if there is, it would take him a while still but who knows?