PDA

View Full Version : Spot the Motown reference!!!!

test

TomatoTom123
04-05-2018, 08:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQXLpSl26q4

If you can manage to sit through an entire minute of listening to this awful song, see if you can hear the Motown reference!!!!!!

TomatoTom123
04-08-2018, 06:48 AM
Wow no one has had a go yet? I thought there would be more interest... it is after all Diana Ross related... :rolleyes:

Circa 1824
04-08-2018, 08:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQXLpSl26q4

If you can manage to sit through an entire minute of listening to this awful song, see if you can hear the Motown reference!!!!!!

So sorry, but it was not possible to make it past the 15 second mark of this awful song.

TomatoTom123
04-08-2018, 08:50 AM
So sorry, but it was not possible to make it past the 15 second mark of this awful song.

Damn Circa, you would have liked it too!!!!! :rolleyes:

copley
04-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Well she mentions 'The Boss' & 'Diana Ross'.

milven
04-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Well, I listened to fifteen or twenty seconds and stopped. Even if she did make a Motown or Diana refererance, I would not have understood it because to my old ears, she is singing in a foreign language.

Off subject, but as a music lover all my life, I have no interest in hearing today's music. They do not sing clearly, the lead vocals are blended in with the music instead of being upfront, and when singing into a mike, the microphone is so close to their lips that they look like they are about to swallow it. When all this is combined, their singing is not unstandable and is unlistenable. So I dont listen.

THankfully, I still can enjoy Delfonics, Stylisitics, Chi-lites, '50's R&B, Doo-Wop and rock and roll, Philly International and Classic Motown. But I leave current music alone.

I wont knock it. Some of my music was knocked when I was a kid by the older generation as too loud, and not understandable. Today it is called easy listening. So maybe it is just an age thing.

Sorry for going so far off subject.

RanRan79
04-08-2018, 12:01 PM
If you're the supreme, I'm Diana Ross. Yeah...okay.:rolleyes:

The track is nice and when Stefflon Don comes on it becomes more of my taste. But Demi Lovato aint my cup of koolaid.

mysterysinger
04-08-2018, 01:01 PM
I prefer it without the sound.

sansradio
04-08-2018, 03:31 PM
^LOL!

This is kind of a cute bop, Tom. I don't mind Demi; she's one of the current generation who actually has talent. But she ain't nobody's Diana Ross. Sacrilege! ;)

TomatoTom123
04-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Well, I listened to fifteen or twenty seconds and stopped. Even if she did make a Motown or Diana refererance, I would not have understood it because to my old ears, she is singing in a foreign language.

Off subject, but as a music lover all my life, I have no interest in hearing today's music. They do not sing clearly, the lead vocals are blended in with the music instead of being upfront, and when singing into a mike, the microphone is so close to their lips that they look like they are about to swallow it. When all this is combined, their singing is not unstandable and is unlistenable. So I dont listen.

THankfully, I still can enjoy Delfonics, Stylisitics, Chi-lites, '50's R&B, Doo-Wop and rock and roll, Philly International and Classic Motown. But I leave current music alone.

I wont knock it. Some of my music was knocked when I was a kid by the older generation as too loud, and not understandable. Today it is called easy listening. So maybe it is just an age thing.

Sorry for going so far off subject.

No worries Milven! In fact I thought that this thread might spur conversation on ‘today's music’, so it's all good.

Now while I probably agree that the music of today cannot compare with that of the past, this is, erm, not the best example of today's music. Try this instead :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pps20eXW-sI

TomatoTom123
04-08-2018, 09:00 PM
If you're the supreme, I'm Diana Ross. Yeah...okay.:rolleyes:

The track is nice and when Stefflon Don comes on it becomes more of my taste. But Demi Lovato aint my cup of koolaid.

Ay RanRan got it! :cool:

I have to admit the song is kinda catchy and perhaps-almost-nearly ‘fun’ but I at the same time I find it quite annoying! Lol. Not a fan of Demi Lovato's voice really either, but there you go. :)

TomatoTom123
04-08-2018, 09:02 PM
I prefer it without the sound.

Hee hee hee :D

TomatoTom123
04-08-2018, 09:03 PM
^LOL!

This is kind of a cute bop, Tom. I don't mind Demi; she's one of the current generation who actually has talent. But she ain't nobody's Diana Ross. Sacrilege! ;)

‘cute bop’ :D

Well sans I have to agree, she ain't no Diana!! I was just pleasantly surprised to hear the name ‘Diana Ross’ in such a song!!!!!!

lockhartgary
04-09-2018, 01:55 PM
I am woefully out of touch with the music scene of today. My only "connection" to today's music is my 10 year old son.

I actually like the music but not the vocals of the OP's original post.

TomatoTom123
04-10-2018, 08:16 PM
I am woefully out of touch with the music scene of today. My only "connection" to today's music is my 10 year old son.

I actually like the music but not the vocals of the OP's original post.

I agree gary, I don't care for the vocals very much. Jax Jones had another song out which I probably prefer... kinda funky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKB4cioGs98&app=desktop