PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson Podcast from Detroit!

test

marv2
04-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Supremes' co-founder Mary Wilson discusses on this podcast her courageous life from childhood through the height of the Supremes, to the turn of the century. Her story from the Brewster projects of Detroit to being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is amazing.

Hear details on. . . · The tragic car accident changed her life · Becoming a grandmother and still performing · Why she makes time to give back

Hear her explain why passion is important to having a Supreme life and how to get it and keep it fresh - even after five decades in the industry. For more info on the charity she supports: www.figureskatingindetroit.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOA0VGhOiUk

RanRan79
04-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Good point about Florence. When assessing that entire situation everyone should separate understanding the situation in terms of the 1960s and understanding the situation with the knowledge we possess in current times.

Can't believe Mary admitted that she made up "no hit Supremes". Makes it easier for people to question her other written "recollections".

Extremely annoyed when on programs like this they play song after song featuring Diana's leads but don't dip into the pot of Mary leads. I realize that the hit songs are what the public would recognize, but they could have played a couple of Mary led tunes and her solo tunes, mixed in with the hits.

That little bit at the end, Mary singing, showcases how well she has maintained that tone that makes her voice so beautiful.

Roberta75
04-03-2018, 08:17 PM
I have to say I cringe every time mary does that real shrieking Impresion of Flo doing Avi Maria. Its old tired and not easy on the ears.

detmotownguy
04-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Supremes' co-founder Mary Wilson discusses on this podcast her courageous life from childhood through the height of the Supremes, to the turn of the century. Her story from the Brewster projects of Detroit to being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is amazing.

Hear details on. . . · The tragic car accident changed her life · Becoming a grandmother and still performing · Why she makes time to give back

Hear her explain why passion is important to having a Supreme life and how to get it and keep it fresh - even after five decades in the industry. For more info on the charity she supports: www.figureskatingindetroit.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOA0VGhOiUk

Thanks Marv!!! Great voice and the best ambassador for the Group and Motown.

marv2
04-04-2018, 09:30 AM
You are most welcome DET! I agree, Mary does good work!

RanRan79
04-04-2018, 09:57 AM
I have to say I cringe every time mary does that real shrieking Impresion of Flo doing Avi Maria. Its old tired and not easy on the ears.

Yeah, she needs to stop doing that. But her singing toward the end of the program makes up for it. I think Mary may be one of the few legends whose voice gets better with age.

Roberta75
04-04-2018, 10:07 AM
Yeah, she needs to stop doing that. But her singing toward the end of the program makes up for it. I think Mary may be one of the few legends whose voice gets better with age.

Shes a great Ballad singer thats for sure.