PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguliera oversings the National Anthem at Superbowl

test

smark21
02-06-2011, 10:41 PM
I've nothing against alternative ways of singing the US National Anthem. Marvin Gaye's version at the NBA All Star game was genius. But Christina Aguliera massacred the National Anthem at the Super Bowl tonight. She needs a vocal coach to teach her about vocal subtlety.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Christina-Aguilera-goofs-up-the-National-?urn=nfl-317568

ladyvanaye
02-06-2011, 11:45 PM
I find her singing annoying. Period.

nysister
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
It was tough....I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Then again, she over sings whenever she sings live.

ralpht
02-07-2011, 12:17 AM
I thought she was, basically, shouting.

jobeterob
02-07-2011, 12:42 AM
We are all in agreement on this one; couldn't help shaking my head and cringing.

timmyfunk
02-07-2011, 12:53 AM
I completely disagree. Even though her music doesn't appeal to me, she handled it quite well. In fact, it really bothers me that she doesn't have the type of PR that Britney Spears, Lady GooGoo, or Madonna has, and yet she can blow them all away. None of the others would even be considered for such an assignment, since the assignment requires major vocal chops. While there were a few rough edges to her performance, she still held it down.

road runner
02-07-2011, 01:23 AM
This is a prime example of the "American Idolization" of music today; oversinging rules. When will today's singers learn that less is more?

DrPhillips6000
02-07-2011, 02:27 AM
The last note was very rough. There is an SNL skit that parodied singers adding to much to the National Anthem, this reminded me of it.

miss_lish
02-07-2011, 07:12 AM
I completely disagree. Even though her music doesn't appeal to me, she handled it quite well. In fact, it really bothers me that she doesn't have the type of PR that Britney Spears, Lady GooGoo, or Madonna has, and yet she can blow them all away. None of the others would even be considered for such an assignment, since the assignment requires major vocal chops. While there were a few rough edges to her performance, she still held it down.

Apparently you need to be heavily medicated; besides trannies shouldn't be allowed to sing the national anthem.

topdiva1
02-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Apparently you need to be heavily medicated; besides trannies shouldn't be allowed to sing the national anthem.

Why must every thing you post be laced with nastiness. And since you feel "..trannies shouldn;t be allowed to sing the national anthem", it only shows your prejudice and feelings against those that are trans genedered - and as a gay person yourself you should know better. Whether you made the statement as a sick joke or some type of satire - the statement above trannies was just wrong.

Ms. Chrisitina A - usually a great singer and certainly not a trannie - was not at her best - singing loud - and wrong.

Perhaps people could find reasons you shoul not be allowed to post.

I'am just saying.

smark21
02-07-2011, 08:59 AM
This is a prime example of the "American Idolization" of music today; oversinging rules. When will today's singers learn that less is more?

There are plenty of good singers out there, just not many in the mainstream pop/r and b world right now. Besides, in the past year or two on the charts, oversingers like Christina have seen a big drop off in their popularity as the public is tiring of the American Idol approach to singing. And I heard the Black Eye Peas halftime show wasn't much of a hit either. Some seemed surprised but I think BEP are played out as well.

smark21
02-07-2011, 09:03 AM

Lady Gaga has the vocal chops, but she would never be booked for such a gig by the NFL as she would use it a performance platform with a message that is likely to offend the conservative NFL audience. And Aguliera has a strong PR group behind her, the public is just not buying her as she tends to overdo it, whether it's her vocals, her displays of sexuality or even her make up. She needs a good vocal coach.

edafan
02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
I have to bring up

how great our late Marvin Gaye's National Anthem at the 1983
NBA all star game was.

I played it today for my high school students.
They agreed it was great.

And I told them the story of this great great man's ending.

edafan

timmyfunk
02-07-2011, 10:59 AM

If you can't respond to a post without being antagonistic, then maybe YOU should be heavily medicated. Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

marv2
02-07-2011, 11:07 AM

In every thread huh? You just have to be jerk?

timmyfunk
02-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Lady Gaga has the vocal chops, but she would never be booked for such a gig by the NFL as she would use it a performance platform with a message that is likely to offend the conservative NFL audience. And Aguliera has a strong PR group behind her, the public is just not buying her as she tends to overdo it, whether it's her vocals, her displays of sexuality or even her make up. She needs a good vocal coach.

GooGoo has PR chops and not much else. If you put them all in a room together, CA would blow them all away effortlessly [[I can't believe I'm actually defending this woman). Maybe she needs to do an album with Quincy Jones.

marv2
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
The problem with her performance in my opinion was that she forgot some of the lyrics, was out of breath mostly and should have had musical accompaniment.

topdiva1
02-07-2011, 11:28 AM
GooGoo has PR chops and not much else. If you put them all in a room together, CA would blow them all away effortlessly [[I can't believe I'm actually defending this woman). Maybe she needs to do an album with Quincy Jones.

Wow great idea!

timmyfunk
02-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Wow great idea!

I think that Q can provide the necessary discipline to keep her in line. She really needs a mature piece of work to showcase what a great singer she is.

topdiva1
02-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I think that Q can provide the necessary discipline to keep her in line. She really needs a mature piece of work to showcase what a great singer she is.

No one can ever deny that C.A> is one of the greatest mordern day voices that we have - if she and Quincy Jones teamed up it would no doubt be pure majic.

I will remember it was all your idea.

timmyfunk
02-07-2011, 12:15 PM
No one can ever deny that C.A> is one of the greatest mordern day voices that we have - if she and Quincy Jones teamed up it would no doubt be pure majic.

I will remember it was all your idea.

Thank you for maintaining a civil and worthwhile conversation, topdiva.

topdiva1
02-07-2011, 12:16 PM
If you can't respond to a post without being antagonistic, then maybe YOU should be heavily medicated. Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

Hopefully the one that calls himself MissLish will listen to you.

soulster
02-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh GAWD that was painful! I couldn't finish it. I feel bad for everyone who had to endure it. You could see people wince when she f**ked up the words. I've lost all respect for Aguliera I may have had. Despicable!

soulster
02-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Why must every thing you post be laced with nastiness. And since you feel "..trannies shouldn;t be allowed to sing the national anthem", it only shows your prejudice and feelings against those that are trans genedered - and as a gay person yourself you should know better. Whether you made the statement as a sick joke or some type of satire - the statement above trannies was just wrong.

Ms. Chrisitina A - usually a great singer and certainly not a trannie - was not at her best - singing loud - and wrong.

Perhaps people could find reasons you shoul not be allowed to post.

I'am just saying.

Why must either one of you engage in this snarkiness in every thread...unless you are one in the same person.

mr_june
02-07-2011, 01:33 PM
I missed the game but when I turned on the radio this morning they were slaying her for her interpitation [[WGN Radio Chicago). I'll look on the net for a replay.

soulster
02-07-2011, 02:03 PM
I missed the game but when I turned on the radio this morning they were slaying her for her interpitation [[WGN Radio Chicago). I'll look on the net for a replay.

The link is on the original post. Here it is again: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-317568

WARNING: It's painful!

tamla617
02-07-2011, 02:27 PM
i cant believe you missed the fact she didnt get the lyrics right/forgot the lyrics.dont no which 'cos it aint my anthem
you blinded by celebrity/hate or what?

jobeterob
02-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Christina Aguilera's staff worried about her hard-partying lifestyle

The singer, who flopped singing the national anthem at the Super Bowl, has reportedly been 'acting erratically' in the wake of her break-up from husband Jordan Bratman.

Christina Aguilera's staff have allegedly grown worried about the pop singer's hard-partying lifestyle, according to US reports.

The singer, who flopped singing the national anthem at the Super Bowl, has reportedly been 'acting erratically' in the wake of her break-up from husband Jordan Bratman.

Her staff decided to act after Aguilera passed out on the bed of actor Jeremy Renner at his 40th birthday party last month, it was claimed.

But when Aguilera found out about their worries she allegedly threatened to fire them all, according to the New York Post.

"They wanted to talk to her carefully about the issue, but they're not going to because they are scared after she threatened to fire them," an insider told the Post.

"Her people desperately want this to come out so she will get help."

A representative for Aguilera had no comment.

skooldem1
02-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I think she is terrible. Not just last night, but always.

timmyfunk
02-07-2011, 02:40 PM
This seems to be getting out of hand. No, it wasn't her greatest moment, but she definitely wasn't the worst. But I definitely stand behind my comment with regards to her, Spears and Madonna.

soulster
02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Aguilera can sing well. She has the goods. It's documented. No argument. So what the hell was her problem?

Her performance last night, however, was horrible! There were pictures of the ball players getting antsy, and one crying. he was probably in tears wishing her horrible singing and mangling the song would end. The other guys were probably pissed, ad the crowd was when they started yelling to get her the F*** off the field.

soulster
02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
i cant believe you missed the fact she didnt get the lyrics right/forgot the lyrics.dont no which 'cos it aint my anthem
you blinded by celebrity/hate or what?

You don't mean me! I heard her flubs right away. If you are addressing me, you obviously didn't read my previous posts on the matter.

timmyfunk
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
This will probably be a non story by Wednesday, so there really isn't any need to elaborate any further.

jboy88
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Surely she's no worst than This guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMHJxSYhrS0

tamla617
02-07-2011, 04:47 PM
soulster i wasnt addressing you.'cos you did mention it.

juicefree20
02-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm just wondering whether school has changed that much since I graduated.

When I was in school, the National Anthem was drilled into our heads for so many years that we knew the lyrics in our sleep. The fact that so many people have botched the lyrics in recent years is quite telling.

As far as C.A. goes, it seems to me as though she was guilty of the same thing that all too many others have been guilty of...she just tried to do too much with the song.

It seems as though too many singers these days believe that they have to try to prove how meaningful the song is to them by trying to 'over-soul' it it an attempt to make their performance one for the ages. What stood out the most to me, was her apparent lack of understanding the meaning of the song.

She seemed more focused on putting on a PERFOMANCE & in doing so, she lost grasp of the LYRIC, placing emphasis on words & lines that were less important & falling a bit short on those that were meant to have a heavier meaning. In short, she was singing, but had a total disconnect with the lyric & that, as regards any meaningful song, is a cardinal sin.

In this case [[and that of several others), less would've been more.

And I wish that folks would stop saying that she held that note for 6 seconds, because she didn't. She let go of that note & went into a few broken 'AY-AY-AYES', which ain't exactly Marvin Junioresque.

Then again, what do I know:)

tamla617
02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
juicefree
quote..Then again, what do I know ................i'd say you hit the nail on the head!

olamaebarto
02-07-2011, 05:17 PM
This will probably be a non story by Wednesday, so there really isn't any need to elaborate any further.

At least she didn't flash a tit.

juicefree20
02-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Tamla617

Thank you.

The sad thing is that it's not as though she doesn't have talent, because she does.

I think that the primary problem is that many of today's singers seemto receive their training through 'American Idol' & the like & never really learn the guts of what makes up a performance.

Perhaps this was to be predicted with the advent of the video age, as well as affordable workstations, where any aspiring 'producer' with a few grand in their pocket can produce a 'star'. You can also blame it on the popularity of sampling, where people don't learn how to actually PLAY or SING figures that they use, but merely attempt to emulate them, thereby missing the nuances that gives music it's heart.

Ironically, it turns out that their attempts to inject soul & significance into their performances, often proves to be the very thing that strips any semblance of meaning from the lyric, i.e., the song, rendering the lyric irrelevant.

To paraphrase a great musician, it's not always what you play that gives a song meaning, or makes it great, most times, it's what you DON'T play. I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I believe that a lot of singers would best serve themselves by going back to the lab & simply learning the art & craft of singing. Unnecessary, endless runs is not an art, but subtlety definitely is.

timmyfunk
02-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Tamla617

Thank you.

The sad thing is that it's not as though she doesn't have talent, because she does.

I think that the primary problem is that many of today's singers seemto receive their training through 'American Idol' & the like & never really learn the guts of what makes up a performance.

Perhaps this was to be predicted with the advent of the video age, as well as affordable workstations, where any aspiring 'producer' with a few grand in their pocket can produce a 'star'. You can also blame it on the popularity of sampling, where people don't learn how to actually PLAY or SING figures that they use, but merely attempt to emulate them, thereby missing the nuances that gives music it's heart.

Ironically, it turns out that their attempts to inject soul & significance into their performances, often proves to be the very thing that strips any semblance of meaning from the lyric, i.e., the song, rendering the lyric irrelevant.

To paraphrase a great musician, it's not always what you play that gives a song meaning, or makes it great, most times, it's what you DON'T play. I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I believe that a lot of singers would best serve themselves by going back to the lab & simply learning the art & craft of singing. Unnecessary, endless runs is not an art, but subtlety definitely is.

All the more reason to do an album with Q. He'd take her back to the woodshed for sure.

soulster
02-07-2011, 08:25 PM
When I was in school, the National Anthem was drilled into our heads for so many years that we knew the lyrics in our sleep. The fact that so many people have botched the lyrics in recent years is quite telling.
<edit>What stood out the most to me, was her apparent lack of understanding the meaning of the song.

Well, the schools don't really teach that stuff anymore. They can't do it for fear of getting sued by someone. It's no wonder the lyrics have no meaning. It's just something that's done at the beginning of sports events. When I was growing up, we had to sing "America The Beautiful" every morning at school right after we said the Pledge of Allegiance". Then we said prayer after that [[Southern Baptist kindergarten). Later it was the Star Spangled Banner. That went away by 1971. A lot of that had to do with the unpopularity of the Viet Nam conflict. But, anyway, most people of Gen-X and afterward really have no sense of U.S. history beyond that we've had a Civil War and a presidential assassination. They can't even name the last five presidents or pick out Texas on a map.

She seemed more focused on putting on a PERFOMANCE & in doing so, she lost grasp of the LYRIC, placing emphasis on words & lines that were less important & falling a bit short on those that were meant to have a heavier meaning. In short, she was singing, but had a total disconnect with the lyric & that, as regards any meaningful song, is a cardinal sin.

It's really been that way since Marvin Gaye did the song back in the 80s. before then, I can't remember when it it was ever an issue.

soulster
02-07-2011, 08:26 PM
At least she didn't flash a tit.

I may have helped! :)

jboy88
02-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Yet another botched take on the anthem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoraafZyJmU

stephanie
02-07-2011, 09:28 PM
WOW! She was not that bad! Yes she messed up the lyrics but she was much better than the Black Eyed Peas and Usher! At least she has talent. Usher well I have seen him do better but I have to say this is the worst half time performance i have never seen. I have never seen Ms Aguilera give a bad performance there was something else going on here.

midnightman
02-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Well, the schools don't really teach that stuff anymore. They can't do it for fear of getting sued by someone. It's no wonder the lyrics have no meaning. It's just something that's done at the beginning of sports events. When I was growing up, we had to sing "America The Beautiful" every morning at school right after we said the Pledge of Allegiance". Then we said prayer after that [[Southern Baptist kindergarten). Later it was the Star Spangled Banner. That went away by 1971. A lot of that had to do with the unpopularity of the Viet Nam conflict. But, anyway, most people of Gen-X and afterward really have no sense of U.S. history beyond that we've had a Civil War and a presidential assassination. They can't even name the last five presidents or pick out Texas on a map.

It's really been that way since Marvin Gaye did the song back in the 80s. before then, I can't remember when it it was ever an issue.

Try Jose Felicano's interpretation of it in 1968. And Jimi Hendrix's a year later. Least Marvin, Jose and Jimi were impressive. I didn't care to see it because Christina seems to think singing like that will always work for her - it doesn't. And people are definitely getting tired of the American Idol contestants. Why do you think most of their albums don't even go platinum nowadays?

soulster
02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Well, here's a couple of links pertaining to her flub:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/06/aguilera-flubs-national-anthem-at-super-bowl/

http://www.popeater.com/2011/02/06/christina-aguilera-national-anthem-super-bowl/4

soulster
02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
WOW! She was not that bad! Yes she messed up the lyrics but she was much better than the Black Eyed Peas and Usher! At least she has talent. Usher well I have seen him do better but I have to say this is the worst half time performance i have never seen. I have never seen Ms Aguilera give a bad performance there was something else going on here.

According to Fergie, there were problems with the sound system at the start of the performance. They also tried to do too much.

Like I said, if they had just not did all that flash and just performed the songs, perhaps with a live band, they would have succeeded.

smark21
02-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Christina has had a bad time of it the past 12 months. She released her comeback single and video about a year ago. It underperformed and she was accused of blatantly imitating Lady Gaga. Her second single, a song she wrote about her vagina, flopped. Then her comeback album was panned by the critics and didn't sell well. Her concert tour was cancelled due to poor ticket sales. Then her movie Burlesque bombed and she got poor notices for her acting. She and her husband got a divorce. I think the Super Bowl gig was an attempt to get her back on track but obviously she failed by oversinging and is getting a lot flak. She's sung the Anthem many times before at sporting events but she seems to have lost her way as a performer. That's why she needs to get with a vocal coach and find a new manager who can get her career back on track. She has talent, but she has no idea what to do with it.

miss_lish
02-07-2011, 10:26 PM

I apologize to you timmyfunk for that comment; I wasn't medicated, but the wine glass overfloweth. Again, I am sorry I made that statement. However, Christina did look like a transsexual last night.

chidrummer
02-07-2011, 11:04 PM
BTW, point of order - Christina already has a voice coach and she's no slouch.

http://www.myvoicecoach.com/bio.html

marxthespot_
02-07-2011, 11:37 PM
"Christina Aguliera oversings the National Anthem at Superbowl"

So do the following:

Mariah Carey [[QUEEN of the "Oversingers")
Mary J. Blige
Beyonce Knowles [[she's gotten much better at not overdoing it)
Alicia Keys
Rihanna
Fantasia [[I hope she mature her style with age)
Whitney Houston
Joss Stone

...and so many other "wanna-be clones" today....

soulster
02-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Her second single, a song she wrote about her vagina, flopped.

Sounds like it fluttered! :)

tamla617
02-08-2011, 08:28 AM
smark21
lol!

smark21
02-08-2011, 08:50 AM
BTW, point of order - Christina already has a voice coach and she's no slouch.

http://www.myvoicecoach.com/bio.html

Then Christina isn't paying attention with her faux soul over singing. The coach would be well advised to stop listing Aguliera as a student if she wants to attract business.

smark21
02-08-2011, 08:52 AM
"Christina Aguliera oversings the National Anthem at Superbowl"

So do the following:

Mariah Carey [[QUEEN of the "Oversingers")
Mary J. Blige
Beyonce Knowles [[she's gotten much better at not overdoing it)
Alicia Keys
Rihanna
Fantasia [[I hope she mature her style with age)
Whitney Houston
Joss Stone

...and so many other "wanna-be clones" today....

I wouldn't call Rhianna an oversinger. But do you like any singers of the past 20 years?

timmyfunk
02-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I apologize to you timmyfunk for that comment; I wasn't medicated, but the wine glass overfloweth. Again, I am sorry I made that statement. However, Christina did look like a transsexual last night.

Apology accepted. Civility is always the way to go.

topdiva1
02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't call Rhianna an oversinger. But do you like any singers of the past 20 years?

And I wouldn't call Rhianna a singer either!!!!

timmyfunk
02-08-2011, 02:17 PM
And iI wouldn't call Rhianna a singer either!!!!

Gotta agree. The descriptive is questionable at best.

tamla617
02-08-2011, 02:26 PM
i know it was a typo but that iI hurts your eyes,one of those wierd things! i'm not mocking you topdiva,just an observation.
i've had as mNY TYPO'S AS most peeples.

topdiva1
02-08-2011, 11:41 PM
i know it was a typo but that iI hurts your eyes,one of those wierd things! i'm not mocking you topdiva,just an observation.
i've had as mNY TYPO'S AS most peeples.

And I thank you

miss_lish
02-08-2011, 11:44 PM
I can see the day when singers will decline singing the National Athem at sporting events. It seems to be a no win situation for so many. The only one in recent memory who wasn't widely criticized was Whitney.

midnightman
02-08-2011, 11:47 PM
^ And the only criticism she got was for lip-syncing it. Beyonce lip-synced too. I think it's the cold. The cold's not good with singers.

marv2
02-08-2011, 11:57 PM
No one has sung it better before or since Whitney Houston sang it at the Super Bowl in 1991! Baby didn't just knock it out of the park.............she knocked it out of the stratosphere! LOL! She was so good that they still play recording of her live version everyday on radio stations here in New York at 12 noon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QmeEdFOSc

jobeterob
02-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Christina is a good singer; but she did make an error and she was not well presented here. There are times when yelling and howling are in and times when it is not in. This is not a time when oversinging is popular.

destruction
02-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Here's my new fave.....newly minted last week and her very own personal arrangement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlECdnNs478

And after 10 run throughs

Added Note: One SDF member played a big part in this performance....and there's a chance that person is not aware of it. Later.

GeeTee(HPK)
02-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Here's a suggestion. Whoever is selected to sing the National Anthem,for the Super Bowl in the future, how about having a telepromter close by ?

smark21
02-09-2011, 08:41 AM
I can see the day when singers will decline singing the National Athem at sporting events. It seems to be a no win situation for so many. The only one in recent memory who wasn't widely criticized was Whitney.

Most National Anthems go on without a hitch at sporting events. It's just when someone bombs, they really bomb. Christina is getting flack because her singing style was responsible for the missed words and her singing style is out of favor right now. And one reason why Whitney's is so revered is because at the time she sang it the US was going to war [[for the first time) in Iraq and it captured a moment of mindless patriotic milataristic fervor and Whitney and the Super Bowl were tools to fan those flames which they did to incredible effect.

juicefree20
02-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Des:

Very nice! I see her Royal Highness is still at it & growing in the role.

Smark21:

Damn, that was a good one!

juicefree20
02-09-2011, 10:40 AM
An interesting viewpoint...

http://kevin-blackistone.fanhouse.com/2011/02/08/time-to-turn-off-national-anthem-before-sports-events/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%7C42511

chidrummer
02-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Interesting article, Juice. The part about the war metephors is trey sensitive, but I get the point. Btw, does everyone know the melody of the SSB was originally a British Pub ditty? Take a look:

http://www.miketodd.net/encyc/anthem.htm

Hey Des, sign that young lady up for next year's Bowl!

miss_lish
02-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Maybe Christina should play Aretha Franklin?

smark21
02-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Maybe Christina should play Aretha Franklin?

Cate Blanchett played Bob Dylan in a movie a few years ago, so why not?!

smark21
02-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Interesting article, Juice. The part about the war metephors is trey sensitive, but I get the point. Btw, does everyone know the melody of the SSB was originally a British Pub ditty? Take a look:

http://www.miketodd.net/encyc/anthem.htm

Hey Des, sign that young lady up for next year's Bowl!

I knew it was based on an old English drinking song, but I bet some of the most impassioned defenders of the Star Spangled Banner and go on a self righteous patriotic attack against a singer who botches it [[such as Roseanne or Christina) and grandstand about how the singer should respect the intentions of the songwriter probably don't know the source of the music. In a sense, one can claim that Roseanne's version that she did 20 years ago before a baseball game was most true to the intentions of the composer of the music of the Star Spangled Banner because she sure performed it as if she were drunk and rowdy in an old English tavern.

oldiesmusicfan
02-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Wow Des! So young and so talented. Good for her. She's going somewhere in the future.

As for the Superbowl, didn't watch it because I don't have a TV and so far don't want one!

Oldies

marv2
02-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Has there ever been a male vocalist to sing the National Anthem for the Super Bowl?

reese
02-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Has there ever been a male vocalist to sing the National Anthem for the Super Bowl?

Aaron Neville sang it along with Aretha Franklin at Super Bowl XL.

marv2
02-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks Reese

destruction
02-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Thx guys,

Chi, ever since your comments on her performance a couple of years ago......she now tries to smile and gesture a bit more so people will know that she does in fact enjoy performing.....She's done it a few times since.....and usually references you.

And they've never forgotten the Drum notes you sent both of them from Wade In the Water, ages ago.

Oldies,

She performed this piece at 2 auditions for vocal scholarships a few weeks ago.....She's been offered one....but is waiting to hear from her first choice in a week or 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9N8Mize3Es&NR=1

jobeterob
02-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Article: Um, that's not a Genie in Christina Aguilera's Bottle

It sounds like Christina Aguilera rang in the New Year with exuberant cries of, “YOU DON’T KNOW ME!!!” The vocal powerhouse hosted a New Year’s Eve party and was a big old sloppy mess before the guests even arrived, sources tell Us. Who does she think she is? Britney?

“Christina was so wasted before her guests arrived [for a party] that her mother told her to lie down and sober up,” a source told Us [[via Celebitchy). “Christina yelled, ‘Who do you think you are?’ Then she called her brother’s girlfriend a whore. It was crazy!” Outrageous! Someone who has a music video where she’s handcuffed with a ball gag in her mouth should not be using the word “whore” lightly.

Us has plenty of other yarns about Christina’s outrageous booze benders: crying into vodka shots at bars, drowning her post-Super Bowl sorrows over a two day bender in Dallas, that old chestnut about threatening to fire her staff for suggesting she was drinking too much.

Apparently she’s always been a bit of a boozehound, but kicked it into high gear during her international tour to promote Burlesque. “Every city they went to--London, Tokyo--Christina was pretty drunk, and [Christina’s boyfriend] Matt [Rutler] had to carry her home,” a source says. This explains why every time Christina was snapped giving Cher a “youse the bestest” hug, Cher looks completely over it.