PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!!!!

test

upbeatrecords
08-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Hi im looking for a copy of "salvation" cressa watson on charay
also any info on The Ravins and the Demo Ristic Label :)

robb_k
08-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm sure that Ady Croasdell of Ace/Kent Records can tell you a lot about Demo Ristic [[Demoristic) Records. He did a LOT of research on Dave Hamilton's labels [["Dave Hamilton's Detroit Dancers") [[to which I also contributed) for Kent's 3 CD series on Dave's work. I haven't seen Ady on our New Forum yet. But, maybe he's here. Look him up in "Members" section and PM him. But, please tell him to answer you publicly on this thread, so we all can learn more about Demoristic Records.

Ron Murphy [[may he rest in peace) could have told you a lot about The Ravins and Cressa Watson and Charay Records. We had some discussions on the old forum about them.

The following comes from Kent Records' "Dave Hamilton's Dancers Volume 2": The Ravins were really called The Ravens [[at least on Dave Hamilton's tape boxes [[of theirs). The group was managed by Al Johnson, who co-wrote the song. It featured lead singer Joe Anderson also on guitar on "No One Can Take The Place of You". There were several other records on the Demoristic label, including some funk instrumentals by Dave and his band.

upbeatrecords
08-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks Rob , will try and check back on old forums for that info!
atb
dave