PDA

View Full Version : Disney Motown

test

RanRan79
03-29-2018, 01:55 PM
I'm putting together a playlist to listen to while I work on a very specific project. I've added all the Supremes' Disney cuts and "Zip A Dee Do Dah" by the J5, but the playlist isn't long enough. So did anyone else at Motown record a Disney song, particularly during the 1960s? I'm also adding a few "kiddie" cuts like versions of "Land of Make Believe" and versions of "With a Child's Heart". Can anyone think of anything else recorded at Motown during the 60s that fit this mode? Thanks!

sansradio
03-29-2018, 03:39 PM
Here's one for ya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaN0abERmgE

longtimefan
03-29-2018, 05:01 PM
Diana Ross: “When We Grow Up“

Not Disney, but it’s Diana. It’s on YouTube, too.

sup_fan
03-29-2018, 06:01 PM
some of the other J5 stuff could be considered kiddie - ABC, The Love You Save. Rockin Robin

Buttered Popcorn certainly had the novelty aspect. kids going to the movies and eating popcorn

RanRan79
03-29-2018, 06:10 PM
Here's one for ya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaN0abERmgE

Ooh, I missed one! Thanks Sans!

RanRan79
03-29-2018, 06:11 PM
Diana Ross: “When We Grow Up“

Not Disney, but it’s Diana. It’s on YouTube, too.

I was wanting something more from the 60s, but if all else fails and have to dip deep into the 70s, "When We Grow Up" will do. Thanks Longtimefan!

RanRan79
03-29-2018, 06:14 PM
some of the other J5 stuff could be considered kiddie - ABC, The Love You Save. Rockin Robin

Buttered Popcorn certainly had the novelty aspect. kids going to the movies and eating popcorn

Because "Buttered Popcorn" is said to be metaphors for more adult things, I can never listen to it as a kiddie song. Lol I have to save that for other playlists.;)

sansradio
03-29-2018, 07:49 PM
Ooh, I missed one! Thanks Sans!

Sure thing, my friend! I’ve got my thinking cap on for more.

Ngroove
03-30-2018, 05:41 AM
Back in the late eighties / early nineties, then-still premium Disney Channel aired "DTV", composed of "music videos" of classic animated clips from shorts & movies, over classic hits, oldies and then-contemporary. Such as, the Halloween episode included "Superstition" and "Somebody's Watching Me" and the Valentine episode included "I Just Called To Say I Love You".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29FHkytv5Qs

RanRan79
03-30-2018, 08:21 AM
Back in the late eighties / early nineties, then-still premium Disney Channel aired "DTV", composed of "music videos" of classic animated clips from shorts & movies, over classic hits, oldies and then-contemporary. Such as, the Halloween episode included "Superstition" and "Somebody's Watching Me" and the Valentine episode included "I Just Called To Say I Love You".

Yup, the Halloween episode was called "Monster Hits". We used to watch this all the time. Might still have "Monster Hits" on a VHS somewhere.

mysterysinger
03-30-2018, 10:02 AM
"Choo Choo Train" - Little Lisa
"The Land Of Make Believe" - Brenda Holloway
"Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" - Suzee Ikeda
"When Your Daddy's Not Around" - Syreeta
"Greensleaves" - Norman Brown
"I See A Rainbow" - Edwin Starr & Blinky

RanRan79
03-30-2018, 10:32 AM
"Choo Choo Train" - Little Lisa
"The Land Of Make Believe" - Brenda Holloway
"Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" - Suzee Ikeda
"When Your Daddy's Not Around" - Syreeta
"Greensleaves" - Norman Brown
"I See A Rainbow" - Edwin Starr & Blinky

Thanks Mystery! I have "Land of Make Believe" by Brenda on the list already. Will check out a couple of these thanks. Thanks.

sup_fan
03-30-2018, 10:38 AM
Because "Buttered Popcorn" is said to be metaphors for more adult things, I can never listen to it as a kiddie song. Lol I have to save that for other playlists.;)

haha oh I know. I do think it's a little raunchy that minors are singing this song, if that was the intention lolol. rather "chester molester" of the producers then lol

and if we want to read into lyrics too much, Diana's "I Ain't Been Licked" takes on a whole new tone lol

Thatkliqkid
04-02-2018, 01:12 PM
The Jackson 5 recorded an unreleased cover of "Lavender Blue" which appeared in the Disney film "So Dear to my heart"

https://youtu.be/YgWQvF2QZAA

RanRan79
04-03-2018, 01:59 PM
The Jackson 5 recorded an unreleased cover of "Lavender Blue" which appeared in the Disney film "So Dear to my heart"

https://youtu.be/YgWQvF2QZAA

Thank you much!

RanRan79
04-03-2018, 02:01 PM
and if we want to read into lyrics too much, Diana's "I Ain't Been Licked" takes on a whole new tone lol

Ya think? I've turned that song into something Diana would probably smack the shit out of me for if she ever heard the version that sometimes comes out of my mouth.:D

sup_fan
04-03-2018, 03:14 PM
hahaha - I know. some of my friends who aren't as familiar with La Ross and her discography tend to chuckle at it. they're dirty though, which is why I hang out with them lolol

Back to the original discussion though, Children's Xmas Song [[though hideous) would sort of fit this overall concept of Disney/Children