PDA

View Full Version : Melba moore

test

Kamasu_Jr
02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
There's a lot of Melba Moore albums being reissued this month. I can't remember which of her albums were the best.

jillfoster
02-06-2011, 08:34 PM
"Peach Melba", and "This Is It" [["Blood Red Roses" is a real standout on this one), and "Look What Your'e Doing To The Man" are really good. I think "Portrait Of Melba" is my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q5oD2xp1tA&feature=related

miss_lish
02-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Her first album was my favorite; her He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother cannot be denied. It wasn't very popular and I highly doubt it is scheduled for re-release. Whatever is released, I'm hopeful she will gain monetarily.

REDHOT
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I would have to agree Jillfoster,PEACH MELBA is the one,i like best.
Please stay positive

Kamasu_Jr
02-06-2011, 11:22 PM
I liked This Is It. But a lot of her albums being reissued are those synthesizer-produced things.

jillfoster
02-07-2011, 12:42 AM
i'm bummed that the reissues are not ONE album that I want. It also goes to show that you can have the greatest singer in the world, but if the production ain't all that... I will leave it be. I honestly feel her work at Buddah was the best by far. Since "This Is It" was produced by Van McCoy... what else do you need to know. And Eugene McDaniels' production on "Peach Melba" is sublime, with a dash of funk thrown in. "Get Into My Mind", and "Green Birds Fly" are two really good ones form that album.

daddyacey
02-07-2011, 01:02 AM
"Peach Melba",[[with Sunshine Superman ,I Am His Lady) and "This Is It" [[with the title track and the excellent , Lean On Me) and "A Portrait Of Melba" ,[[Standing Right Here and You Are My River). All of them on the BUDDAH lable.

topdiva1
02-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Peach Melba - I am his Lady and of course Blood Red Roses from THIS IS IT - and This is it. Also Melba's LIVE album - just fabulous.

Melba Moore sadly one of the MOST UNDERATED singers we still have with us. And an extremely talented actress.

atcsm
02-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I Got Love from Purlie is a great song

tomato tom
02-07-2011, 06:20 PM
THIS IS IT was Huge in the U.K. at the time on Buddah, subsequently covered, and more popular by crap faceless peeps. Melba was, IS, a HUGE influence. Her work for AIDS charities is renowned. Her work on Broadway has won her many accolades and trophies. She can, HAS, done it all, and yet, she still has not received the proper acclaim she deserves. Love you Melba....Paulo xxxx

stephanie
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Melba Moore - Peach Melba! This woman conquered broadway and had hits and is not acclaimed the way I thought she would be. In the beginning she was but it seems like after she got away from broadway and went mainstream you only saw her on Soul Train and other shows. When she was big in Purlie I saw her everywhere. Definitely a great singer who has been overlooked. Not until she was broke did you hear about her again.

markdtiller
02-10-2011, 08:07 AM
The Unsung profile has gone some way to redress the balance - along with these reissues

dvdmike
02-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Melba and Valerie Simpson did a lot of session singing in New York in the '60s.

destruction
02-11-2011, 08:38 PM
With deference to TopDiva.... I refer to her as simply a Top Talent. Well said.....and the key part of your post is:

still with us.