PDA

View Full Version : Another view of the 1965 Tamla UK tour...

test

Clifton Miller
03-24-2018, 09:58 AM
...by the Detroit journalist who was with everyone on the bus:

http://www.adampwhite.com/westgrandblog/van-on-the-road

jobeterob
03-24-2018, 10:15 AM
What a great article

RanRan79
03-24-2018, 02:19 PM
It was an interesting article. For the record, all of the Supremes were taken off the bus and put in a limo, not just Diana.

jobeterob
03-24-2018, 02:57 PM
Had they become stars?

Did they need more room?

Was Diana now Berry’s girl?

reese
03-24-2018, 04:25 PM
In her first book, Mary wrote that Berry was complaining about the uncomfortable bus ride and she replied "Now you know we feel on those long bus tours." Berry then had his assistant hire a stretch limo for him and the Supremes to travel. I'm sure it was more comfortable but it certainly wasn't a move that would inspire family unity.

motony
03-30-2018, 10:55 AM
thanks for posting. I enjoyed the article.

midnightman
03-30-2018, 11:08 AM
In her first book, Mary wrote that Berry was complaining about the uncomfortable bus ride and she replied "Now you know we feel on those long bus tours." Berry then had his assistant hire a stretch limo for him and the Supremes to travel. I'm sure it was more comfortable but it certainly wasn't a move that would inspire family unity.

Right. Makes me wonder if David Ruffin started complaining that they [[the Temptations) should be getting their own limo...

Messy.

midnightman
03-30-2018, 11:12 AM
One morning at breakfast, there was a discussion as to where Stevie Wonder would sit. One of the band members said it shouldn’t be near him as his room the prior night was next to Stevie’s and the youngster had kept him up night walking into the wall that separated them. But Stevie was thoroughly adopted and celebrated by the group. He had a lot of big sisters and Dutch uncles on that trip.

Now I see WHY the Supremes took the limo. Sounded like the bus was CRAMPED UP like a mug... especially if Stevie [[then 15) had to be forced to the back.