PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity to see Smokey/Should I Go?

test

daviddesper
03-24-2018, 12:34 AM
Smokey is appearing in a theater near me. Intimate 1,000 seat venue. What kind of show does he put on? My gut feeling is to think of him as a better writer than performer but would appreciate your input.

vgalindo
03-24-2018, 02:29 AM
Smokey is appearing in a theater near me. Intimate 1,000 seat venue. What kind of show does he put on? My gut feeling is to think of him as a better writer than performer but would appreciate your input.
You should definitely go. I have seen Smokey in concert 3 times and loved his shows. He was great. His voice is still so good and he puts on a really good show. You won't be disappointed.

carlo
03-24-2018, 08:18 AM
I've seen him twice and enjoyed both times. Go see the legends while you still can :)

reese
03-24-2018, 09:42 AM
I agree with the posters above. I've seen Smokey three or four times in concert and it was always a good show.

The last time I saw him was the best. When you entered the theater, there were two baskets. One for men, one for women. The baskets were for collecting requests. After Smokey opened with BEING WITH YOU, he went to the baskets. People were stationed in the audience with mikes so that the people could tell Smokey what song they wanted and what it meant to them. If his musicians didn't have the charts for the song, Smokey sang it acapella, as he did that night with WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT GOODBYE and TELL ME TOMORROW. The best moment was when a woman requested CRUISIN' for her husband, which brought him to tears. The very next request Smokey picked ended up being from the husband! It was a really cute moment.

jboy88
03-24-2018, 10:40 AM
HELL YEAH!!! Smokey will give you your moneys worth!

marv2
03-24-2018, 11:37 AM

No! Don't go to see him........give me your ticket! hehehehehehehehehe!

TomatoTom123
03-24-2018, 08:38 PM
I have never seen Smokey live but would love the chance to. From what I have read he is great. [[see above, lol)

Go for it I'd say david!

marv2
03-24-2018, 09:11 PM
Smokey is excellent in concert. He gives you a complete show mixed with a lot of humor on his part.