PDA

View Full Version : New Release SUPREME RARITIES: Motown Lost & Found As 4 LP VINYL COLLECTION

test

milven
03-21-2018, 08:45 PM
Beyond the dozens of hits that swarmed the charts during the Supremes' reign, there's plenty more music that sat for years in the shadows, never pressed as vinyl records.

That's about to change: Jack White's Third Man Records is poised to issue the four-LP set "Supreme Rarities," the first vinyl edition of an installment originally released on CD in 2008 as part of Motown's "Lost & Found" series.

The set was created at Third Man Pressing in Midtown, and the company says these are the first Motown records pressed in the city of Detroit. [[Motown funneled its work to plants elsewhere, including Owosso's American Record Pressing and Nashville's United.)

The set features little-heard studio material, outtakes and live recordings, going back to Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Flo Ballard's early days as the Primettes, before the Supremes blossomed into most successful American vocal group in history.

The 48-track "Supreme Rarities" — featuring 45 songs never before issued on vinyl — will be released April 6 and can be pre-ordered now via Third Man.

This is Third Man's second foray into the Motown archives, which are administered by Universal Music: In 2015, as part of the opening festivities for Third Man's Detroit complex, the company reissued nine 7-inch records originally released by Berry Gordy's Tamla Records.

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/03/21/third-man-releases-supremes-rarities/446926002/

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/Third-Man-Records-to-Release-The-Supremes-SUPREME-RARETIES-Motown-Lost-Found-As-4-LP-Collection-20180321

PeaceNHarmony
03-22-2018, 05:51 AM
GREAT news! Thanks -

Fourtopsbiggestfan
03-23-2018, 02:12 AM
Do the Four Tops and Temptations and we'll we right as rain.

BayouMotownMan
03-23-2018, 12:42 PM
I won't get excited about this until I see a track listing. Boasting 45 tracks never released on vinyl indicates to me that this is stuff that is out on CD

thanxal
03-23-2018, 01:14 PM
Boasting 45 tracks never released on vinyl indicates to me that this is stuff that is out on CD
Yes exactly. This is a vinyl pressing of the 2008 Lost and Found CD. I don't think they are claiming there are any "unreleased" tracks, just that these have never been pressed to vinyl, which is true.