test

ExGuyParis
02-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Lamont Dozier covers the song "Reflections." From the CD "Reflections of..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmHgLp8dXqo

Quite beautiful!

topdiva1
02-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Quite moving - a tribute to what used to be - when song by Lamont. Now not to spoil anything - but if this rendition of Reflections was done by anyone other than Lamont - it would likely be panned. But with Lamont Dozier singing it- the song gives a new sense to profound romantic sadness and regret. When looking back at his history and achievements, and loves at Motown - this rendition now takes on a very introspective tone - brillant.

marv2
02-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I have always enjoyed Lamont Doziers music. The songs he's written & produced as well as his albums. A truly underrated singer. He does a nice job here.

miss_lish
02-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Well, that sucked.

tamla617
02-05-2011, 06:17 PM
dont beat around the bush,tell us what you really think!

stephanie
02-05-2011, 08:37 PM
not bad but my favorite part is seeing Ross in the studio while Mary and Flo are sitting up top I have never seen that pic before. Lamont sounds good with the right songs this is not his best but its far from bad.

topdiva1
02-06-2011, 11:17 AM
not bad but my favorite part is seeing Ross in the studio while Mary and Flo are sitting up top I have never seen that pic before. Lamont sounds good with the right songs this is not his best but its far from bad.

It is the emotion of the song, the words, the life lived, - that make it work for him. A great writer.

tomato tom
02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I love it myself. But then I have always liked his emotive voice. Why Cant We Be Lovers is one of my all time favs....Paulo xxx

ExGuyParis
02-08-2011, 12:48 AM
I think it is a beautiful arrangement... very wistful, a bit jazzier. The sparse arrangement really highlights the beauty of the song... pretty complex in melody. I loved learning in one of the youtube clips about this song that there is an accordion in the original. After listening to the song hundreds of times in my life, I had never noticed it... and now that I know it is there, I hear it distinctly. That same audio clip highlights the string arrangement: complex, and as the announcer states, "Beatlesque."

loveblind
02-08-2011, 01:14 AM
I like his version of HEATWAVE too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YJhGuiXqi4&NR=1