PDA

View Full Version : Denise LaSalle Questions [[for Heikki or anyone?)

test

daviddesper
02-19-2018, 04:41 PM
1) I received a Google alert today that mentioned her. It was from one of those websites that says so and so was born on this date, so and so died on this date, and on this date, such and such happened. The Denise entry said "on this date in 2009, the New Jersey legislature passed a resolution honoring Denise LaSalle." That is all it said. This was puzzling to me for several reasons. First of all, what connection did she ever have to New Jersey? Secondly her style of music is not anything you would associate with Jersey and you would think she seldom performed there. Finally by that time her career was practically over and she had not had a hit in quite some time, so why honor her then? So does anybody know anything about this?

2) With her passing, how does that impact the biography that Heikki had mentioned? Will it possibly still be released?

heikki
02-20-2018, 03:02 AM
Hi David!

1) I think that's a mistake. In February 2009 such a resolution was passed in Mississippi Senate.
2) According to latest David Whiteis' announcement, the book will come out this year. In the book it also says that the correct birth year is 1934.

Best regards
Heikki

heikki
02-20-2018, 03:04 AM
Hi, still...

Please find David's appreciation article here:
http://southernsoulrnb.com/artistguide.cfm?aid=543

Best regards
Heikki

motony
02-20-2018, 04:51 PM
thanks for the link, very interesting.

daviddesper
02-21-2018, 12:52 AM
My goodness! That is quite extensive. Will have to save that for another time. Thanks guys. As for the birth year, I had seen a copy somewhere [[on here I guess) of her funeral program and that said 1934, so I figured that pretty much settled that question.