PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin 2008 Compact Discs

test

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
02-18-2018, 01:51 PM
Does anyone know about the cd releases of Aretha's "With Everything I Feel In Me", "You", "Sweet Passion", "Almighty Fire", and "La Diva" from 2008? Are they legit, recorded from vinyl?

PeaceNHarmony
02-18-2018, 02:19 PM
They are not either [[but they are all that is available of these titles)

02-18-2018, 02:44 PM
They are not either [[but they are all that is available of these titles)

So they are not legit and not from vinyl?

PeaceNHarmony
02-18-2018, 03:32 PM
Not legit, probably from vinyl. The seller does not reveal a source -

brandosoul
02-18-2018, 03:54 PM
Back in 2012, it was announced that Universal, in conjunction with Aretha's own label, were planning deluxe reissues for her later-day albums on Atlantic. Nothing materialized and plans were scrapped eventually. I guess Universal didn't want to pay the extravagant sum of money Aretha demanded for the company to utilize the masters for those albums and redistribute the music.

brandosoul
02-18-2018, 04:01 PM
They're not legit. They're unauthorized bootlegs from overseas, sourced from vinyl and pressed on CD-Rs. I did my own needle drops of the later-day Atlantic albums [[sans 'Sparkle,' as Rhino reissued that one in 1992) and they all came out great. I also made high-quality scans of the album artwork and sleeves from those albums for my digital archives. All is good over here.

02-18-2018, 06:07 PM
They're not legit. They're unauthorized bootlegs from overseas, sourced from vinyl and pressed on CD-Rs. I did my own needle drops of the later-day Atlantic albums [[sans 'Sparkle,' as Rhino reissued that one in 1992) and they all came out great. I also made high-quality scans of the album artwork and sleeves from those albums for my digital archives. All is good over here.

Oh ok. Good I found this out. Came close to buying them.

PeaceNHarmony
02-20-2018, 10:48 AM
I bought WEIFIM and SP a while back and am glad to have them. I was so happy when the 'Aretha's Records' news came out around the time of AWFOOL [[funny acronym ...) that there would be official releases but years passed with no action. I'll bring my cd's for Aretha to autograph when her nightclub opens in Detroit ...