PDA

View Full Version : Three Degrees on TOUR!

test

loveblind
02-04-2011, 01:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6hXITysd6o

topdiva1
02-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Wishing the ladies continued success and more dates in the USA. They deserve to be enjoyed for their legacy here at home as well.

topdiva1
02-06-2011, 11:45 AM
I wonder what the Flos are thinking of Freddie's new found success. They will never admit how they suddenly dogged her out, after she worked with them for years - and the very nasty way they got rid of her.

Yes, Lynda and Sherrie can be nasty. Ask Mary Wilson.

markdtiller
02-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Tony
Please tell us why they kicked Freddi out! Was it because she fraternised with Mary Wilson after attending one of her concerts as rumored? Whatever the disagreement, I thought it was very ungracious the way she was exorcised from the website after 13 years of loyal service and their management would not been questioned about it. Freddi clearly kept quiet about the whole thing which was very garcoius and professional. They did the same thing to Sundray Tucker [[Lynda's own sister) partly because she had gained weight. However she too had the last laugh and went on to record 3 acclaimed solo albums for Driving Wheel Records as Cindy Scott, with a 4th pending.
I saw the show at the IndigO2 in London last week and had a great time. Freddi sounded great on her solos, I never got to see her live with the FLOS. They do better venues than the FLOS, so it's definitely a progression!
I really enjoyed reading your two books by the way, which I have. You should write one about the 3 Degrees!

skooldem1
02-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Was she fired, or did she leave? No one really knows. Also, why would they be mad that she attended a MaryWilson show? Hasn't Scherrie attended her shows as well. What I'd really like to know is why anyone cares? For the whole time she was a FLO she was ridiculed. Now all these "fans" are coming out the of woodwork. Whats the real deal?

markdtiller
02-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I didn't know Scherrie had seen Mary recently, Freda and mary are very close of course, but if so you have a point. However Mary and the FLOS clearly have issues - she was the only one missing at the 70s Supremes CD launch party a few years back and there has been wrangling over the name, hence the change from FLOS to Scherrie & Lynda, Forrmerly of...bit of a mouthful). It's only what I heard. I think you're refeering to some people saying she looks like a drag queen, but in fact Freddi looks better in person than in pictures. her voice is deep but it worked very well on the 3 Degrees numbers - in fact I remember thinking she had more leads than Helen, but she did most of the patter.

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Was she fired, or did she leave? No one really knows. Also, why would they be mad that she attended a MaryWilson show? Hasn't Scherrie attended her shows as well. What I'd really like to know is why anyone cares? For the whole time she was a FLO she was ridiculed. Now all these "fans" are coming out the of woodwork. Whats the real deal?

Freddie Poole was FIRED! Ask Lynda.

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 11:06 AM
I didn't know Scherrie had seen Mary recently, Freda and mary are very close of course, but if so you have a point. However Mary and the FLOS clearly have issues - she was the only one missing at the 70s Supremes CD launch party a few years back and there has been wrangling over the name, hence the change from FLOS to Scherrie & Lynda, Forrmerly of...bit of a mouthful). It's only what I heard. I think you're refeering to some people saying she looks like a drag queen, but in fact Freddi looks better in person than in pictures. her voice is deep but it worked very well on the 3 Degrees numbers - in fact I remember thinking she had more leads than Helen, but she did most of the patter.

Freddie is doing well - as you yourself have seen - in The Three Degrees line-up - let us all continue to wish the Three Degrees well.

Mary Wilson will of course continue to tour to great acclaim. And I am sure all wish Lynda and Scherrie - well in their endeavors.

markdtiller
02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Freddie Poole was FIRED! Ask Lynda.

But you're not telling us WHY?! I can't ask Lynda and she wouldn't tell anyway. I wish all the Supremes well, including Sundray, Freddie and Joyce. Dopn't be coy / inscrutible / so damn professional.

chestersong
02-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Quite by chance I attended one of Freddi's private performances after she left the Flos. Her mother, who has passed, was a friend of my aunt through a cooking and sewing club. I asked Freddi about her leaving and she told me along with a friend of hers standing with us that it was due to pay and booking. It was on friendly terms but it was about different pay when the group was featured as "supremes" verses when they were booked simply as an entertaining musical act. Lynda and Scherrie did better when it was a supremes type event but Freddi said it was the same show. Freddi and her manager friend felt that was often unfair when their expenses were the same and her involvement was the same with regard to workload. Freddi seemed quite happy as she said she had more freedom and had many private performances ahead at that time and wanted to broaden her songbook and experiences. I'm thrilled for her. She seems so professional and it's good to see her rewarded. She has such a wonderful attitude about her work and one can see she would not be happy being only known as some "Supreme" or "Degree" but for her varied contributions. And like the Flos, it is also seen that the three degrees are adjusting their songs for lower voices due to age. it seems to keep the old songs kind of fresh, I think.

markdtiller
02-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Thank you for the insight. Makes sense.

topdiva1
02-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Quite by chance I attended one of Freddi's private performances after she left the Flos. Her mother, who has passed, was a friend of my aunt through a cooking and sewing club. I asked Freddi about her leaving and she told me along with a friend of hers standing with us that it was due to pay and booking. It was on friendly terms but it was about different pay when the group was featured as "supremes" verses when they were booked simply as an entertaining musical act. Lynda and Scherrie did better when it was a supremes type event but Freddi said it was the same show. Freddi and her manager friend felt that was often unfair when their expenses were the same and her involvement was the same with regard to workload. Freddi seemed quite happy as she said she had more freedom and had many private performances ahead at that time and wanted to broaden her songbook and experiences. I'm thrilled for her. She seems so professional and it's good to see her rewarded. She has such a wonderful attitude about her work and one can see she would not be happy being only known as some "Supreme" or "Degree" but for her varied contributions. And like the Flos, it is also seen that the three degrees are adjusting their songs for lower voices due to age. it seems to keep the old songs kind of fresh, I think.

Thanks for posting this information. Freddie Poole is a wonderful person and will likely do well within The Three Degrees. I wish all the ladie's [[Supremes - Degrees - Flos) who have brought was such great records well.

markdtiller
02-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Hang on. Tony, you said she was FIRED! You should know, you work with her. Help us understand!

miss_lish
02-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Whoops! Has TT been caught in yet another falsehood?

topdiva1
02-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Hang on. Tony, you said she was FIRED! You should know, you work with her. Help us understand!

I was told - that despite Ms. Poole taking the high road - she was fired by the other two ladies, abruptly. I did not ask the exact reason Ms.Poole was ejected from The Flo's.

miss_lish
02-19-2011, 11:22 PM
I was told - that despite Ms. Poole taking the high road - she was fired by the other two ladies, abruptly. I did not ask the exact reason Ms.Poole was ejected from The Flo's.

Okay; this is so confusing. Who was told what by whom? Was this told to Tony Turner and then Tony Turner told this to Top Diva? Or, was this told exclusively to Top Diva by yet another unnamed source, or was this told to Tony Turner by the same unnamed source or was it a different unnamed source who is responsible for this information? TONY! Get Miss Lish her medicine!!

topdiva1
02-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Okay; this is so confusing. Who was told what by whom? Was this told to Tony Turner and then Tony Turner told this to Top Diva? Or, was this told exclusively to Top Diva by yet another unnamed source, or was this told to Tony Turner by the same unnamed source or was it a different unnamed source who is responsible for this information? TONY! Get Miss Lish her medicine!!

WHY WHY WHY - do you always interject Tony Turner's name? - You do this time and time again when no one has even remotely mentioned Tony Turner.

Please, stop in the name of love!!!!!!!!