PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Jones implicates Brando and Marvin "got it on"

test

midnightman
02-07-2018, 01:39 PM
And also claims MJ "stole a lot of his songs". :rolleyes:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-in-conversation.html?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s3&utm_campaign=sharebutton-t

Since y'all posting semi-OT stuff, it's whatever. But he mentioned Marvin once.

Just... I mean I wouldn't mind if it was true [[because they were both very handsome of course :o ) but neither Marlon nor Marvin can defend themselves.

Q's literally off his doggone [[no pun intended) rocker! :eek:

RanRan79
02-07-2018, 01:58 PM
I can't take issue with what was said about Michael. Musical theft- in some form or another- is probably a very common thing in the industry. While what he said about Brando- that he'd screw anything- might be true, I took the names he dropped with a grain of salt. Seems like he might have been throwing names out there. I did take issue with his opinion regarding rap. It didn't make sense to me. But other than that, even with a few "out there" thoughts that Q has, I didn't find him to be any more off his rocker than anyone else.

midnightman
02-07-2018, 02:04 PM
That may be true. He ain't as senile as many people his age but he's... wild lmao

I mean I did read further on Marvin's issues with his sexuality in Janis' book but...

I think the big revelation in that book was his attraction to Ryan O'Neal [[I think) and that he considered openly gay Sylvester as a great performer and hugged him when they bumped into each other at Studio 54 in the late '70s [[though there is the Harvey Fuqua connection so I assume Marvin was close to a lot of the Fuqua proteges?). And also he got turned on looking at other men messing with Janis [[Little Richard teas since he did the same thing). And very in touch with his feminine side.

So I can KINDA see it but still, why mention 'em? Q just don't give a doggone [[again no pun intended).

marv2
02-07-2018, 02:55 PM
I can't take issue with what was said about Michael. Musical theft- in some form or another- is probably a very common thing in the industry. While what he said about Brando- that he'd screw anything- might be true, I took the names he dropped with a grain of salt. Seems like he might have been throwing names out there. I did take issue with his opinion regarding rap. It didn't make sense to me. But other than that, even with a few "out there" thoughts that Q has, I didn't find him to be any more off his rocker than anyone else.

You can believe this shit, but you find it hard to believe that Stevie would not write songs for Diana Ross? Really?

smallworld
02-07-2018, 03:32 PM
I think the big revelation in that book was his attraction to Ryan O'Neal [[I think) and that he considered openly gay Sylvester as a great performer and hugged him when they bumped into each other at Studio 54 in the late '70s

What's revelatory about that? Was Sylvester considered a no talent then?

RanRan79
02-07-2018, 03:44 PM
That may be true. He ain't as senile as many people his age but he's... wild lmao

I mean I did read further on Marvin's issues with his sexuality in Janis' book but...

I think the big revelation in that book was his attraction to Ryan O'Neal [[I think) and that he considered openly gay Sylvester as a great performer and hugged him when they bumped into each other at Studio 54 in the late '70s [[though there is the Harvey Fuqua connection so I assume Marvin was close to a lot of the Fuqua proteges?). And also he got turned on looking at other men messing with Janis [[Little Richard teas since he did the same thing). And very in touch with his feminine side.

So I can KINDA see it but still, why mention 'em? Q just don't give a doggone [[again no pun intended).

I haven't read Janis' book, believe it or not. Everything else I had ever read about Marvin suggested that he had some sexuality issues in regards to the cross dressing thing, but I can't for the life of me ever recall reading anything that suggested he was bisexual. [[Might be cause for me to search for my copy of Divided Soul as I haven't read it in YEARS.) But if Janis is telling the truth, then maybe Q was accurate. But I do have a problem with people running their mouths about things after their death that you're pretty certain they'd have an issue with if they could speak. What kind of gets under my skin is that Q said all of that about four dead men [[Brando, Baldwin, Pryor and Gaye) but tried to bypass saying a word about Cosby. That's some punk shit.

smallworld
02-07-2018, 03:54 PM
What kind of gets under my skin is that Q said all of that about four dead men [[Brando, Baldwin, Pryor and Gaye) but tried to bypass saying a word about Cosby. That's some punk shit.

But doesn't his quote about the former imply consensual sex? That's entirely different to what's been alleged about the latter, so it doesn't surprise me that he wouldn't speak on it.

RanRan79
02-07-2018, 03:54 PM
You can believe this shit, but you find it hard to believe that Stevie would not write songs for Diana Ross? Really?

I've addressed you more thoroughly in the other thread regarding your ridiculous behavior, and I'm debating with myself about continuing it here. But hey, it's Wednesday so why not get you together one more time? The difference between you and I is that you're fuckin crazy and I'm not. Here's how: when you said what you said about Diana, my response was that I had never heard that and I asked where it might be found. For the record I didn't know if the shit was true or not, which is why I said that I had never heard that, as opposed to replying "you lyin muthafucka, quit making shit up". I say that and then you share a link to an old Jet magazine article where Diana says "I've been begging Stevie to write a song for me but he never would" and then I have to eat my words. NEVER!!:p I am not Diana Ross so I could never say what she has never said. I can only tell you what I've never said. But somehow you took my response to you as something negative and you got nasty. And then turned around and got nasty with me about the same bullshit in a totally unrelated thread. I don't believe you're well in the head but you're our Marv, so I have to put up with you. But come for me and you know how this always plays out.

RanRan79
02-07-2018, 04:01 PM
But doesn't his quote about the former imply consensual sex? That's entirely different to what's been alleged abut the latter, so it doesn't surprise me that he wouldn't speak on it.

Nearly everything Quincy talked about was allegations that he was leveling. After all that was said from his lips, he would have a problem discussing what's been alleged from somebody else's? Yeah right. As was pointed out, Cosby is a friend of his and Q wasn't going to talk about that until he was forced to comment on it...to a point. My issue is that if you're bold enough to talk about dead men's business, be bold enough to talk about live men's business. Be all about it or be a punk. Q came off a little punky for my taste.

midnightman
02-07-2018, 04:21 PM
What's revelatory about that? Was Sylvester considered a no talent then?

No. But the way David Ritz wrote that biography on Marvin... lol

Quinn
02-07-2018, 04:21 PM
I enjoyed the interview very much. Quincy was direct and frank and I wish people would write their life stories this way. I totally believe what was said about Marvin Gaye because of the well known facts about his Father's side of the family. We also know about the eccentricities of Father Gaye and the embarrassment he was to his children. Marvin also secretly liked to dress in drag attire, so I believe Q. As for MJ, his shady side is well known. When Paul Anka told the story of how Mike stole the tape of " This Is It" from the studio?. I'm glad that someone finally spoke truth on the mess that's on the radio today too. Technology has advanced to an all too generous state. It's too easy to rely on and allows music to be created too fast and superficially. No education or skill is required, they don't have to go to music school or get any formal training. Instruments aren't even needed anymore and everyone sounds alike. As a result, people are running to their turntables and record crates at warp speed. All in All I liked it. Great read.

midnightman
02-07-2018, 04:22 PM
Nearly everything Quincy talked about was allegations that he was leveling. After all that was said from his lips, he would have a problem discussing what's been alleged from somebody else's? Yeah right. As was pointed out, Cosby is a friend of his and Q wasn't going to talk about that until he was forced to comment on it...to a point. My issue is that if you're bold enough to talk about dead men's business, be bold enough to talk about live men's business. Be all about it or be a punk. Q came off a little punky for my taste.

I agree with this 110%. You gonna implicate Marvin was a closeted bisexual [[and he could've been due to his own and his family's history) but then move quickly when Pill Cosby's name is brought up?! :confused:

midnightman
02-07-2018, 04:24 PM
I enjoyed the interview very much. Quincy was direct and frank and I wish people would write their life stories this way. I totally believe what was said about Marvin Gaye because of the well known facts about his Father's side of the family. We also know about the eccentricities of Father Gaye and the embarrassment he was to his children. Marvin also secretly liked to dress in drag attire, so I believe Q. As for MJ, his shady side is well known. When Paul Anka told the story of how Mike stole the tape of " This Is It" from the studio?. I'm glad that someone finally spoke truth on the mess that's on the radio today too. Technology has advanced to an all too generous state. It's too easy to rely on and allows music to be created too fast and superficially. No education or skill is required, they don't have to go to music school or get any formal training. Instruments aren't even needed anymore and everyone sounds alike. As a result, people are running to their turntables and record crates at warp speed. All in All I liked it. Great read.

If you saw the Transit Ostend documentary, Freddy Couseart's widow actually showed a picture of Marvin dressed "like a cleaning woman" and said he "wasn't ashamed" of doing so.

marv2
02-07-2018, 04:39 PM
I've addressed you more thoroughly in the other thread regarding your ridiculous behavior, and I'm debating with myself about continuing it here. But hey, it's Wednesday so why not get you together one more time? The difference between you and I is that you're fuckin crazy and I'm not. Here's how: when you said what you said about Diana, my response was that I had never heard that and I asked where it might be found. For the record I didn't know if the shit was true or not, which is why I said that I had never heard that, as opposed to replying "you lyin muthafucka, quit making shit up". I say that and then you share a link to an old Jet magazine article where Diana says "I've been begging Stevie to write a song for me but he never would" and then I have to eat my words. NEVER!!:p I am not Diana Ross so I could never say what she has never said. I can only tell you what I've never said. But somehow you took my response to you as something negative and you got nasty. And then turned around and got nasty with me about the same bullshit in a totally unrelated thread. I don't believe you're well in the head but you're our Marv, so I have to put up with you. But come for me and you know how this always plays out.

I just find it hard to believe that you would acknowledge that you easily find this garbage about Marvin Gaye believable, but the fact that Stevie would not write songs for Ross too hard to believe....amazing!

kenneth
02-07-2018, 04:50 PM
I don't know why these folks feel the need to grab a day's worth of Internet headlines and talk this way about those who are no longer here. It's like [[I think it was) Esther Williams or some old movie star like her who said J. Edgar Hoover liked to dress up in women's clothes and once greeted her and her husband for dinner dressed as a woman. No way to prove it [[of course) and no way to prove it didn't happen, which is these gossips' stock in trade.

Unfortunately, in the law, you cannot defame the dead, so you can pretty much say whatever you want about someone who's passed.

It seems that credibility is of little value today, but that's hardly surprising considering our Schmuck-in-Chief lies through his false teeth several times a day and never is held accountable for it by Spineless Paul Ryan and all the rest.

RanRan79
02-07-2018, 04:54 PM

Yes, Q was spot on with today's music. There is some good stuff to be found, for sure, but by and large the creativity of the past is gone.

RanRan79
02-07-2018, 05:04 PM
Of course he would, if the latter could get him sued.

Everybody and their mama has come out to talk about Bill Cosby and what they knew or heard. Q aint in anymore danger of being sued than anybody else.

Let's say Josef Fritzl died before his daughter and his children/grandchildren were discovered. Should the abuse he carried out not be spoken about because he wouldn't have liked it? Where is the line drawn?

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the connection in the equation between Quincy Jones speaking about someone's private, personal business and the Fritzl case where someone was raped, held captive and forced to bear her father's children. If Quincy Jones wanted to speak about the times and the folks he's bent over [[or bent over for) that's one thing, but to discuss someone else's private business that way because they're dead and presumably can't be sued, it's a punk move. That's my issue. If you do to one, do to others. Don't have diarrhea of the mouth when one person's name is brought up and then start respecting privacy when someone else's name is brought up.

smallworld
02-07-2018, 05:04 PM
No. But the way David Ritz wrote that biography on Marvin... lol

Are you alluding to the cross dressing thing? Is the Ritz book worth reading? I read the Etta James co-write recently. It's a great read, seemingly low on BS.

RanRan79
02-07-2018, 05:05 PM
If you saw the Transit Ostend documentary, Freddy Couseart's widow actually showed a picture of Marvin dressed "like a cleaning woman" and said he "wasn't ashamed" of doing so.

Too many revelations today. I can't handle it!! LOL

RanRan79
02-07-2018, 05:18 PM
I just find it hard to believe that you would acknowledge that you easily find this garbage about Marvin Gaye believable, but the fact that Stevie would not write songs for Ross too hard to believe....amazing!

Oh my Marv, I don't know what to do with you Buddy. I never told you I didn't believe the story you told. I said I had never heard that. How do you get from someone never hearing something to someone not believing it? Now truth is that I didn't believe it, even if she said it, because it didn't make sense. For one, we all know the two artists have remained close for some nearly 60 years. For the duration of the 1960s, both Stevie and Diana were under the whim of Berry Gordy. If Diana had wanted Stevie to write her a song since Stevie was 14, with all the power people like you claim she had, why wouldn't Gordy have Stevie write her a song? And why would Stevie refuse to work with her? None of that made sense. Even the point you tried to make about none of the songs from Stevie's Supremes sessions went to Diana Ross seemed out of place since no one had even remotely suggested that something like that had happened. So yes, I found the whole thing hard to believe but not impossible, which is why I asked you for a source. You provided the source, which incidentally didn't back up the spirit of your comment, and that should have been that but you had to get nasty.

As far as what Q is alleging about Marvin Gaye, you should be old enough to know not to put anything past adults. I'm just in my 30s but I've lived long enough to know that you never say what folks aren't out in them streets doing. Marvin is my all time favorite male singer. He has meant so much to my musical life [[my life in general, as some of his songs are attached to great memories for me). But I don't know him like that. So if someone who did know him says he was bumping pee pees with some other dude, who am I to say he's lying? Especially in light of other things Marvin has been known to be into?

midnightman
02-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Luther was one of those private people but the way he went about his life, I think it was quite obvious what team he was on...

I'm guessing in a sense Marvin did too. I mean he was one of the few celebrities to openly wear an ear piercing when that action was perceived to be "fey" [[i.e., effeminate). Then again, Marvin was one of those "I live my life in a certain way" types...

EDIT: Apparently Jennifer Pryor has responded and... yeah he and Brando messed around.

smallworld
02-07-2018, 05:40 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the connection in the equation between Quincy Jones speaking about someone's private, personal business and the Fritzl case where someone was raped, held captive and forced to bear her father's children.

You wrote "things after their death that you're pretty certain they'd have an issue with if they could speak". That could included anything, criminal or otherwise. Hence, my Fritzl comment.

I take issue with what I see as the hypocrisy that surrounds what some people deem "private, personal" etc. [[I'm not talking about you, by the way. I don't know you from Adam). Would it be private, personal business if Q had said "Dorothy Dandridge" rather than "Marlon Brando". I suspect not, because Dandridge wouldn't contravene Marvin's image. I'm not all that invested in image.

There were people going in on Patti LaBelle a few weeks ago about Luther Vandross. I couldn't quite understand it but I'm of a different generation. I think some like to say "Ssshhh!" not because they believe a person is lying but because they don't like the truth of what that person is saying. There was a lot of talk about "respecting a person's wishes". But who's to say what that person's wishes really were.

Luther Vandross had cashmere walls. Morever, Luther was photographed with said cashmere walls. Did he not want people to know he was gay? Or did he not want people to discriminate against him because he was gay? There's a distinction between the two, I think.

I don't disagree that Q's comments are indiscreet. But as one of the memes about him goes, he's "crazy like a fox". You consider that cowardly. Fair enough.

midnightman
02-07-2018, 05:42 PM
I do think Marvin may have been closeted...

Richard was, to his friends and family, openly bisexual and his eldest son is gay.

We know Baldwin was openly gay.

TomatoTom123
02-07-2018, 08:18 PM
Wow, more LOLs, I love it :p

PeaceNHarmony
02-07-2018, 08:19 PM
I had read the interview with Q and decided not to post it here because it makes him seem, oh maybe, insane? Straight men sure can throw a kiki ...

PeaceNHarmony
02-07-2018, 08:21 PM
I don't know why these folks feel the need to grab a day's worth of Internet headlines and talk this way about those who are no longer here. It's like [[I think it was) Esther Williams or some old movie star like her who said J. Edgar Hoover liked to dress up in women's clothes and once greeted her and her husband for dinner dressed as a woman. No way to prove it [[of course) and no way to prove it didn't happen, which is these gossips' stock in trade.

Unfortunately, in the law, you cannot defame the dead, so you can pretty much say whatever you want about someone who's passed.

It seems that credibility is of little value today, but that's hardly surprising considering our Schmuck-in-Chief lies through his false teeth several times a day and never is held accountable for it by Spineless Paul Ryan and all the rest.
Last paragraph is a RIGHT???

midnightman
02-07-2018, 08:39 PM
I had read the interview with Q and decided not to post it here because it makes him seem, oh maybe, insane? Straight men sure can throw a kiki ...

Braw... you think Quincy is hetero?!

HOO BOY lmao

kenneth
02-07-2018, 09:14 PM
Last paragraph is a RIGHT???

I know, I know...I should leave politics out of this entirely. But I feel like I'm in a "safe place" here whereas when I'm around all my Trump supporter friends, I have to watch what I say!

midnightman
02-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Yeah and we're gonna stay in that safe place and not mention Pruneface in Chief. :D LOL

kenneth
02-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Yeah and we're gonna stay in that safe place and not mention Pruneface in Chief. :D LOL

Thanks Midnightman! I swear if I have to look at his face plastered all over the news much longer, then it's likely I won't last until 2020 when we can vote him out!

midnightman
02-07-2018, 09:56 PM
Yeah. Just focus on voting him out lol

Watching the news on him can be stressful.

marv2
02-07-2018, 10:35 PM
I know, I know...I should leave politics out of this entirely. But I feel like I'm in a "safe place" here whereas when I'm around all my Trump supporter friends, I have to watch what I say!

Nope, there are some Trump supporters on here. I ran into some. But so what? LOL!!!!

kenneth
02-07-2018, 11:03 PM
Nope, there are some Trump supporters on here. I ran into some. But so what? LOL!!!!

You're right! I actually like it! LOL

midnightman
02-07-2018, 11:58 PM
HEY!

This is about Quincy's old ass. :D

Guy
02-08-2018, 12:10 AM
Several years ago, I met a friend of a friend who SWORE that Marvin Gaye had come on to him in the 70s when this guy would have been in his 20s. Even though he was acquainted with many showbiz folk, I did not believe him and even made fun of him to others, behind his back of course. But now...

Boogiedown
02-08-2018, 12:25 AM
Maybe the hesitance is that Bill Cosby might be able to swap stories. :p

I like Quincy's frank no nonsense dialogue as delivered here . Reminds me of others I think a lot of.

[[as for "safe places" lol! Is that what snowflakes need? :rolleyes: Like a sanctuary city.:p)

luke
02-08-2018, 12:39 AM
Very well said smallworld!! [[Why is it so significant that someone dresses in women’s clothes? Who cares? Actually the majority of cross dressers are heterosexual men.). So many stereotypes, so much shame. Hopefully those days are ending.

jobeterob
02-08-2018, 12:45 AM
David Ritz’s books are all excellent; read the Aretha Franklin one from last year or so

Yes Marvin probably did a few guys and they did him; I hope he did if that’s what he wanted and wore whatever he wanted to wear

Not so great to be blabbering on dead people but it’s what people want to hear

midnightman
02-08-2018, 01:00 AM
Several years ago, I met a friend of a friend who SWORE that Marvin Gaye had come on to him in the 70s when this guy would have been in his 20s. Even though he was acquainted with many showbiz folk, I did not believe him and even made fun of him to others, behind his back of course. But now...

Your friend was telling the truth.

And he's lucky. I wish Marvin would've came on to me haha

"There's nothing wrong with me loving you, giving yourself to me can never be wrong if the love is true."

;)

But yeah simply cross dressing doesn't mean you're gay.

luke
02-08-2018, 01:18 AM
It’s called history folks . Lincoln fought the Civil War and often shared a bed with a guy. Eleanor Roosevelt had a girlfriend and greatly helped the UN. Franklin had a girlfriend and started Social Security . Etc etc etc. It’ s interesting and we can learn from people’s human experiences. The times they are a changing. They were human beings with yearnings and needs and struggles like all of us. Hiding all of their humanity doesn’t help.

kenneth
02-08-2018, 01:28 AM
Maybe the hesitance is that Bill Cosby might be able to swap stories. :p

I like Quincy's frank no nonsense dialogue as delivered here . Reminds me of others I think a lot of.

[[as for "safe places" lol! Is that what snowflakes need? :rolleyes: Like a sanctuary city.:p)

What's a snowflake, boogiedown?

Boogiedown
02-08-2018, 01:41 AM
Hi kenneth ,

there's a good reading at wiki

"Its meaning has varied, but may include a person who has an inflated sense of their own uniqueness, has an unwarranted sense of entitlement [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entitlement), or is easily offended and unable to deal with opposing opinions."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_[[slang)

midnightman
02-08-2018, 02:19 AM
It’s called history folks . Lincoln fought the Civil War and often shared a bed with a guy. Eleanor Roosevelt had a girlfriend and greatly helped the UN. Franklin had a girlfriend and started Social Security . Etc etc etc. It’ s interesting and we can learn from people’s human experiences. The times they are a changing. They were human beings with yearnings and needs and struggles like all of us. Hiding all of their humanity doesn’t help.

So true, Luke.
That's why I'm actually loving this.
It just makes me feel even badder for Marvin because I feel he was fighting his true self and it showed...

TheMotownManiac
02-08-2018, 06:10 AM
I always had the feeling that Marvin was bi......it seemed his speak hinted to it, but I have no idea if he was, I just wanted the artist I loved to be happy and, now, at peace.

PeaceNHarmony
02-08-2018, 06:52 AM
David Ritz’s books are all excellent; read the Aretha Franklin one from last year or so

Yes Marvin probably did a few guys and they did him; I hope he did if that’s what he wanted and wore whatever he wanted to wear

Not so great to be blabbering on dead people but it’s what people want to hear
Yes, it's the blathering about dead people to get attention that crosses Q off my list. Though not really a fan of his over-busy production style I always thought [['thought' being past-tense) of him as a gentleman. No more. If various famous people wanted to keep their sexuality a secret, who is he to out them? STFU, Q. Talk about your productions, not your 'conquests' and tea-quotient. Gay/bi/trans persons still get fired-beaten-snubbed by their families-killed; it's not an issue to gain social-media clicks about.

Albator
02-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Most of what he says here about MJ, others have said before... Michel Legrand, Manu Dibango come to my mind.
That the Beatles were mediocre soloist is also debated for a long time.
That Brando was an obsessive Bi is also documented. On french tv, about 10 years ago, he said that he went with Leonard Bernstein and Marvin Gaye. In is mouth, it's not an issue.

RanRan79
02-08-2018, 09:05 AM
You wrote "things after their death that you're pretty certain they'd have an issue with if they could speak". That could included anything, criminal or otherwise. Hence, my Fritzl comment.

I take issue with what I see as the hypocrisy that surrounds what some people deem "private, personal" etc. [[I'm not talking about you, by the way. I don't know you from Adam). Would it be private, personal business if Q had said "Dorothy Dandridge" rather than "Marlon Brando". I suspect not, because Dandridge wouldn't contravene Marvin's image. I'm not all that invested in image.

There were people going in on Patti LaBelle a few weeks ago about Luther Vandross. I couldn't quite understand it but I'm of a different generation. I think some like to say "Ssshhh!" not because they believe a person is lying but because they don't like the truth of what that person is saying. There was a lot of talk about "respecting a person's wishes". But who's to say what that person's wishes really were.

Luther Vandross had cashmere walls. Morever, Luther was photographed with said cashmere walls. Did he not want people to know he was gay? Or did he not want people to discriminate against him because he was gay? There's a distinction between the two, I think.

I don't disagree that Q's comments are indiscreet. But as one of the memes about him goes, he's "crazy like a fox". You consider that cowardly. Fair enough.

I don't consider Q's comments about the lives of dead folks cowardly. I consider his lack of comments about the private lives of the living to be cowardly in light of his loose lips about the dead. So yes, if Q had said "Brando would screw anything: Dorothy Dandridge, Lena Horne, Ruby Dee..." I would side eye it because the ladies aren't here [[nor Brando) to give their account one way or the other, but it would kind of be a "it is what it is" situation. But if Q had said those things and then been asked about the private life of Diana Ross, who is rumored to have had an interesting sex life, and he chose to suddenly have a filter...Punk move.

It seems to me that you might have confused what my problem was with this whole thing. Yes I do believe the dead should be afforded their privacy, though I understand why some people feel the need to recall things. For example, I understand Mary Wilson's revelation regarding Florence Ballard's rape. I probably wouldn't have revealed that information, but I understand why Mary did. The rape explained so much. But it didn't seem to me like Quincy made his revelations to really explain anything. He said what he said for shock value, under the guise of being "honest", but when first asked to be honest about his living friend he decides to deflect. I guess we can wait to hear further details about what Q knew about Cosby after Dr. Bill goes to that pudding pop in the sky. Can't wait [[said sarcastically).

RanRan79
02-08-2018, 09:07 AM
What's a snowflake?

"A flake of snow, especially a feathery ice crystal, typically displaying delicate sixfold symmetry". Any other definition is nonsense.

thanxal
02-08-2018, 09:53 AM
"A flake of snow, especially a feathery ice crystal, typically displaying delicate sixfold symmetry". Any other definition is nonsense.
Hey Ran Ran, now listen here... I have a memo. No a BOMBSHELL text, no a Military parade. Look at me, look at me. But you, you’re a snowflake. LOL HEHEHEHEHEHE.

PeaceNHarmony
02-08-2018, 10:23 AM
It's particularly unfortunate, especially at this point in the USA's history, to see an accomplished Black man denigrating and gossiping about other Black men, and ones who are dead, no less; falls right into the djt playbook of 'distract the public with trash and repeal their rights while they're not looking'.

midnightman
02-08-2018, 11:13 AM
It's particularly unfortunate, especially at this point in the USA's history, to see an accomplished Black man denigrating and gossiping about other Black men, and ones who are dead, no less; falls right into the djt playbook of 'distract the public with trash and repeal their rights while they're not looking'.

What I don't like about Quincy is that he's telling all this business while trying to act like he himself was a hetero playa [[that whole "I have 22 girlfriends now" and "I used to date Ivanka")... he better watch or someone would spill the beans that he try to come on to men himself. It's RUMORED of course but still...

I also find it interesting in the article that he mentioned the mob played a role in the assassination of JFK but then said "I wanna keep it secret". It's like "...HELLO YOU JUST MENTIONED GIANCANA SENT THE HIT!"

Also being mum on Bill Cosby but outing Marvin as bisexual? Mmkay Q lol

Least Patti didn't do that when she confirmed Luther's homosexuality.

reese
02-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Anyone think Quincy might be suffering from some sort of dementia? He didn't look well the last time I saw him.

midnightman
02-08-2018, 12:05 PM
He might be. Who knows?
Especially for him to claim MJ "stole" when he produced those "stolen songs".
People think he was being honest about that but I don't think so.

jack020
02-08-2018, 01:06 PM
On Wednesday, Pryor’s widow Jennifer confirmed the two men had been lovers, telling TMZ [[http://people.com/movies/marlon-brando-richard-pryor-sex-says-comedians-widow/)that her late husband was always open about his bisexuality with friends and would not be ashamed that the relationship was revealed publicly. She also said the comedy icon wrote about sleeping with men extensively in diaries, which she says she plans to release later this year.
“It was the ’70s! Drugs were still good, especially quaaludes,” Jennifer said. “If you did enough cocaine, you’d f— a radiator and send it flowers in the morning.”

RanRan79
02-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Hey Ran Ran, now listen here... I have a memo. No a BOMBSHELL text, no a Military parade. Look at me, look at me. But you, you’re a snowflake. LOL HEHEHEHEHEHE.

HA! Snowflakes are beautiful. That narcissist in the White House is a forever stain on our nation's history. I'm just going to continue to enjoy my life until the great day when I can vote that trash out.

sansradio
02-08-2018, 01:34 PM
What I don't like about Quincy is that he's telling all this business while trying to act like he himself was a hetero playa [[that whole "I have 22 girlfriends now" and "I used to date Ivanka")... he better watch or someone would spill the beans that he try to come on to men himself. It's RUMORED of course but still...

I also find it interesting in the article that he mentioned the mob played a role in the assassination of JFK but then said "I wanna keep it secret". It's like "...HELLO YOU JUST MENTIONED GIANCANA SENT THE HIT!"

Also being mum on Bill Cosby but outing Marvin as bisexual? Mmkay Q lol

Least Patti didn't do that when she confirmed Luther's homosexuality.

Hate to spill tea, but you might be on to something, midnightman. I went to a Q signing about 10 years ago; he walked in and looked at me like I was a sirloin steak. And I'm a dude. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo... here's a funny take on the Q firestorm:

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/all-i-want-is-to-be-85-years-old-so-i-can-give-negative-1822812056

midnightman
02-08-2018, 02:21 PM
^ THERE YOU GO! LOL :o

PeaceNHarmony
02-08-2018, 02:29 PM
Hate to spill tea, but you might be on to something, midnightman. I went to a Q signing about 10 years ago; he walked in and looked at me like I was a sirloin steak. And I'm a dude. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo... here's a funny take on the Q firestorm:

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/all-i-want-is-to-be-85-years-old-so-i-can-give-negative-1822812056
Oh, my ... was he carrying A1? ;)

sansradio
02-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Oh, my ... was he carrying A1? ;)

No, but his B-12 was sure pingin'. ;)

jobeterob
02-08-2018, 05:01 PM
I don't think you can talk like Quincy seems and have real dementia; he's an old fart that doesn't give a shit at this stage - he says what he thinks, knows what he saw and believes and just blabbers.

Have to say, I never thought Marvin was singing to a guy when he wanted to get it on - but surprises happen all the time. Brando was so repulsive though. Jeez, I hope he did better than that.

midnightman
02-08-2018, 05:39 PM
When you think about it, LGIO could've been interpreted to whatever you may think.

It had a very social message when Marvin sings "there's nothing wrong with me loving you". Could be interpreted either as an interracial love or gay love. I mean the message was very hippie-ish lol

The "Let Love Rule" of the '70s. :)

I'm sure Marvin is shaking his head though haha

"No it was about a special girl, guys". Sure Marv. ;)

Nah but seriously, that song never mentioned "girl" lol

PeaceNHarmony
02-08-2018, 08:16 PM
No, but his B-12 was sure pingin'. ;)
You made me snort my Schlitz. I had a similar situation with Bea Arthur [[who thought I was a lesbian) but being a gentleman I shant't pour any kiki tea. 'ya know ...

PeaceNHarmony
02-08-2018, 08:29 PM
NOW I GET IT!!!!! Marlon Brando, who MJ thought was - ahem - 'tops'- had an affair with MJ, who became preggers and went to Saudi Arabia [[or whatever) to bear his child Prince Michael! It ALL comes [[pardon the pun) together!

sansradio
02-08-2018, 09:15 PM
You made me snort my Schlitz. I had a similar situation with Bea Arthur [[who thought I was a lesbian) but being a gentleman I shant't pour any kiki tea. 'ya know ...

"God'll get you for that, Walter." :D

midnightman
02-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Rain Pryor just came for Quincy's butt lmao

Lord, wait until Michael's kids get on Q...

jobeterob
02-08-2018, 11:08 PM

You should have been here when Susaye posted on here one day telling him that “he wasn’t there either” - as in wasn’t around Motown or the group

A definite LOL

sansradio
02-08-2018, 11:17 PM

Rain can't stand Jennifer. Jennifer will go the opening of an envelope for a come-up.

StuBass1
02-08-2018, 11:37 PM
Q...What did Mick Jagger say to Hugh Heffner when he found him in bed with Dennis Weaver...A..."Hey Hey, Hugh Hugh, Get Off McCloud"...

jobeterob
02-09-2018, 12:36 AM
Hugh on top of anything isn’t a great picture to me - but that was pretty funny and I laughed

midnightman
02-09-2018, 01:22 AM
Rain can't stand Jennifer. Jennifer will go the opening of an envelope for a come-up.

I imagine the rest of Richard's kids can't stand Jennifer either lol
They never could.

Boogiedown
02-09-2018, 01:47 AM
I'm just going to continue to enjoy my life until the great day when I can vote that trash out.

Your vote might be a waste of time , don't forget them Russians!! :rolleyes:

jack020
02-09-2018, 01:57 AM

What went on here?

PeaceNHarmony
02-09-2018, 08:16 AM

What went on here?
1. I just tasted a bit o' vomit
2. Joking aside, I wonder if Q understands that he has basically subverted his entire musical legacy to his gossip about who did what to whom when, where, and how often?

Motown4Ever518
02-09-2018, 09:23 AM
I must be getting old. When the "Q" quotes came over my phone earlier in the week, I had no interest. I respect Mr. Jones huge contributions to music specifically, and society in general. Though I feel that if you have something to say about someone, say it while they can respond, or can "meet you outside" to "discuss", not while they are deceased.

On the other hand, looking at the thread responses, it is sure interesting getting to know some of my fellow Motownites a little better.

midnightman
02-09-2018, 10:35 AM
1. I just tasted a bit o' vomit
2. Joking aside, I wonder if Q understands that he has basically subverted his entire musical legacy to his gossip about who did what to whom when, where, and how often?

He probably thinks it's "locker room talk"... you know? <_<
I wouldn't trust being alone with Quincy telling my business [[or exaggerating).

He'd better be lucky none of the people he talked about is calling him saying they'd beat his ass up because they're either dead or just want him to shut the hell up. LOL

marv2
02-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Seeing all of the interest in this. I will tell Mary to write another book........but go harder this time! LOL!

midnightman
02-09-2018, 02:20 PM
This is about Quincy, bruh... LOL

jobeterob
02-09-2018, 02:31 PM
This is about Quincy, bruh... LOL

And Mary don't like him so he ain't tellin her nuthin

midnightman
02-09-2018, 02:47 PM
And Mary don't like him so he ain't tellin her nuthin

Shoot, who DOES like Quincy? He seems like a big douchebag lol

Great producer but a great douchebag too.

Also it's funny in that article he mentioned how great he thinks Ed Sheeran is but claims Michael Jackson stole. What a douche lol

Dude was complicit since he helped produce it!

Roberta75
02-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Seeing all of the interest in this. I will tell Mary to write another book........but go harder this time! LOL!

Yeah, im sure publishers are lining up to her what she has to say. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Roberta75
02-09-2018, 02:53 PM
Shoot, who DOES like Quincy? He seems like a big douchebag lol

Great producer but a great douchebag too.

Also it's funny in that article he mentioned how great he thinks Ed Sheeran is but claims Michael Jackson stole. What a douche lol

Dude was complicit since he helped produce it!

I think Q has lost his filter.

RanRan79
02-09-2018, 04:37 PM

I was wondering what Rain had to say about this. Lol

RanRan79
02-09-2018, 04:43 PM

Marv, stop it.:D

luckyluckyme
02-23-2018, 07:03 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/quincy-jones-apologizes-word-vomit-interviews-article-1.3835801

Motown Eddie
02-24-2018, 01:37 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/quincy-jones-apologizes-word-vomit-interviews-article-1.3835801

And not a moment too soon Luckyluckyme! The comments that Quincy Jones made were not received well by many people and could've left him open to libel suits from the families of the celebrities he gossiped about. Also a song by The Marvelettes comes to mind at this moment;

https://youtu.be/Khj8yLEKRYA

midnightman
02-24-2018, 04:21 PM

Marvin's sis, Richard's and Marlon's kids, MJ's family were NOT having it! [[not to mention MJ's fans)

The backlash was worldwide. Q knew he went too far.

jobeterob
02-25-2018, 12:45 AM
Except dead people can’t start libel and slander suits

midnightman
02-25-2018, 01:10 AM
Except dead people can’t start libel and slander suits

But their surviving loved ones can...

jobeterob
02-25-2018, 02:10 AM
But their surviving loved ones can...

No they can’t

It’s a personal thing

jobeterob
02-25-2018, 02:11 AM
No they can’t

It’s a personal thing

That’s why he lipped off about a lot of dead people

midnightman
02-25-2018, 04:02 AM
SMH

For real?

Well from the looks of it, Quincy didn't get away with it long enough because his daughters finally put a stop to it. Whatever was gonna happen, he probably was told "don't ruin YOUR legacy talking like this".