PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Dennis

test

BritishTony
02-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Among most of my peers in the late 6Ts soul music andespecially Motown was considered naff and unfashionable in the burgeoning eraof prog rock. Then along came Cloud Nine. Wow, like a thunderbolt Motown wassuddenly funky, cool and where it’s at. We cognoscenti preened ourselves and KNEWit was down to Norman Whitfield’s genius and Dennis Edwards’ AMAZING voice.
I love Ruffin, Pickett, Redding, O’Neal but nobody hasthe grit, warmth and conviction of Dennis.
Papa makes me proud, Ball makes me think and I Wonder WhoShe’s Seeing Now makes me cry. Dennis can do it all. It’s a colder, lonelierworld without him for us fans – so an enormous loss for his family. From allaccounts a warm, gentle man. I’m only consoled by the thought he’s at peace.Thank you Dennis from the bottom of my heart.

marv2
02-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Among most of my peers in the late 6Ts soul music andespecially Motown was considered naff and unfashionable in the burgeoning eraof prog rock. Then along came Cloud Nine. Wow, like a thunderbolt Motown wassuddenly funky, cool and where it’s at. We cognoscenti preened ourselves and KNEWit was down to Norman Whitfield’s genius and Dennis Edwards’ AMAZING voice.
I love Ruffin, Pickett, Redding, O’Neal but nobody hasthe grit, warmth and conviction of Dennis.
Papa makes me proud, Ball makes me think and I Wonder WhoShe’s Seeing Now makes me cry. Dennis can do it all. It’s a colder, lonelierworld without him for us fans – so an enormous loss for his family. From allaccounts a warm, gentle man. I’m only consoled by the thought he’s at peace.Thank you Dennis from the bottom of my heart.

That was great to read BritishTony. There are a lot of us out here that share those sentiments.

Marv

TomatoTom123
02-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Wonderful tribute Tony.