PDA

View Full Version : 28 Essential Films for Black History Month

test

PeaceNHarmony
02-01-2018, 01:53 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/01/movies/28-essential-films-black-history-month.html?action=click&contentCollection=Climate&module=Trending&version=Full&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

glencro
02-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Thanx for posting. I love these old classics. Will try to find them in my spare time

Jerry Oz
02-01-2018, 10:17 PM
I would have put "A Raisin In The Sun" and "A Soldier's Story" on this list. I thought they were both important. Possibly "Ragtime" as well, although it had several stories, only one of which centered around a black family. I also would have included Spike Lee's "Do The Right Thing" or "Malcolm X" over his "She's Gotta Have It". With that said, there are so many great movies on this list and I might have to watch a few this weekend.

"The Learning Tree" and both versions of "Imitation Of Life" were great films. "Let's Do It Again" and "Uptown Saturday Night" were hardly great films, but they are two of my very favorites and I could watch either right now and enjoy them as much as I did when I saw them in the theater.