PDA

View Full Version : Marvin - You Don't Know What Love Is [[1961)

test

midnightman
01-31-2018, 02:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wubs_VW4IyA

I'm just gonna say it: Marvin has the smoothest voice in the history of popular music. I said what I said.

Just... wow... so pure.

RanRan79
01-31-2018, 03:46 PM
Smooth as butter. My favorite male vocalist for a reason. I could listen to Marvin sing the dictionary. And I'm not even joking.

midnightman
01-31-2018, 05:07 PM
^ Me too, man... I always felt Marvin's vocals were superhuman. :)

marv2
01-31-2018, 06:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wubs_VW4IyA

I'm just gonna say it: Marvin has the smoothest voice in the history of popular music. I said what I said.

Just... wow... so pure.

He had perfect pitch. This sounds even earlier than 1961.

lockhartgary
01-31-2018, 07:56 PM
After hearing this I can see why he was a member of the latter Harvey and the Moonglows.

marv2
01-31-2018, 08:00 PM
After hearing this I can see why he was a member of the latter Harvey and the Moonglows.

Doesn't he sound like he came for the Clyde McPhatter, Sonny Til school of Doo Wop lead vocalist? LOL!

midnightman
01-31-2018, 08:59 PM
Marvin was influenced by them, Little Willie John and Johnnie Ray [[apparently "Cry" was one of the first songs folks heard him sing and he sang it perfect). And it was that vocal style that got Berry to check him out that Christmas night in 1960...

RanRan79
01-31-2018, 09:17 PM
Marvin killed it every time he opened his mouth. I'm racking my brain to recall a single song he recorded where I didn't love his vocal, even if I wasn't crazy about anything else on the song. He may be the only one of my favorite singers I could say that about...but I'll keep thinking.

lockhartgary
01-31-2018, 10:06 PM
Doesn't he sound like he came for the Clyde McPhatter, Sonny Til school of Doo Wop lead vocalist? LOL!

Yes indeed.

arr&bee
01-31-2018, 10:20 PM
The amazing thing about marvin is even at the end his voice was still top notch-my top five voices ever-nat-lou-sam-johnny-marvin!!

midnightman
01-31-2018, 10:42 PM
Marvin killed it every time he opened his mouth. I'm racking my brain to recall a single song he recorded where I didn't love his vocal, even if I wasn't crazy about anything else on the song. He may be the only one of my favorite singers I could say that about...but I'll keep thinking.

I've listened to virtually EVERY Marvin song in existence and there IS no bad song of Marvin's or a song where he vocally didn't make you feel. There's reason he's called one of the, if not the GREATEST singers of all time.

arr&bee
01-31-2018, 11:08 PM
Marvin was the best pure singer at motown,with all due respect to-david,paul but marvin just had it.