PDA

View Full Version : The Temptations Live and In Concert 1987!

test

marv2
01-24-2018, 09:34 PM
This is special because this is when Dennis Edwards came back for the second time replacing Ali-Ollie Woodson for about a year. Ali would replace Dennis again in 1988:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn_d6LVSxdM

arr&bee
01-25-2018, 03:08 PM
I remember that tour,because it was the last time i went to a temps concert,by the time they got to d.c. Melvin was out sick but the four of them still gave a special temptin show.

marv2
01-26-2018, 07:34 PM
Wow, now that must have been something. The whole show with just 4 Tempts and not to mention without their World renounced bass singer. I remember seeing them debut their then current single "I Wonder Who She's Seeing Now" on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It was never explained publicly why they replaced Ali Woodson with Dennis Edwards so suddenly.

heikki
01-27-2018, 05:03 AM
Hi Marv!

When I met Dennis here way back in 1995 and interviewed him, he told me about those days as follows:

Dennis: "After that was the period when I was really depressed, felt about myself, a hard period. I had to go back to my mother again. I got myself together, and suddenly they called me to replace Ollie again, when he was slipping..."

As far as I know, currently Dennis is in a serious condition in a hospital. I don't have any details.

Best regards
Heikki

marv2
01-27-2018, 12:38 PM
Hi Marv!

When I met Dennis here way back in 1995 and interviewed him, he told me about those days as follows:

Dennis: "After that was the period when I was really depressed, felt about myself, a hard period. I had to go back to my mother again. I got myself together, and suddenly they called me to replace Ollie again, when he was slipping..."

As far as I know, currently Dennis is in a serious condition in a hospital. I don't have any details.

Best regards
Heikki

Oh no. I remember reports of Dennis being in ill health last year. I did not know he is back in the hospital. Thank you Heikki.

arr&bee
01-29-2018, 12:45 PM
I think dennis is touring again,his temptations review is gonna be in the d.c. Area soon,according to radio reports.

marv2
01-29-2018, 07:08 PM
I think dennis is touring again,his temptations review is gonna be in the d.c. Area soon,according to radio reports.

Oh now that is good to hear. Thanks JAI.

heikki
02-02-2018, 03:41 PM
Hi Marv!

Best regards
Heikki

Turns out that it was serious after all.
RIP Dennis!

Best regards
Heikki

marv2
02-02-2018, 04:57 PM

Turns out that it was serious after all.
RIP Dennis!

Best regards
Heikki

Heikki, you were the first one to let me know that he was seriously ill. I am sad that things did not turn out for the better.

masterblaster
02-03-2018, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=marv2;436856]This is special because this is when Dennis Edwards came back for the second time replacing Ali-Ollie Woodson for about a year. Ali would replace Dennis again in 1988:

I love this London concert, had it on VHS and transferred it to DVD. I particularly like the 'My Girl' segment when Richard interplays with the guest singers, true showmanship. This was my favourite line up after the classic group.