PDA

View Full Version : Bettye LaVette New Album: Things Have Changed

test

carlo
01-20-2018, 09:51 AM
Bettye LaVette has a new album coming out in March on Verve/Universal [[her first major record deal in 30 years) called Things Have Changed, featuring her interpretations of Bob Dylan classics. Looking forward to it!

PeaceNHarmony
01-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Sounds great, Carlo! I was worried after Bettye left Anti; looks like she scored a good recording deal. I love Dylan so this will be a good one for me.

daviddesper
01-21-2018, 12:45 AM
I am just happy to hear that ANYBODY is still releasing CDs. I have just not gotten used to downloading and prefer physical product, and hope it will stick around longer than it sounds like it will.

marv2
01-21-2018, 02:26 AM
Miss Bettye is going to deliver like a Detroit automotive assembly line! Trust and believe.

carlo
01-25-2018, 03:26 PM
Rolling Stone is previewing Bettye's first single from the new album. Nice!!

https://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/bettye-lavette-sings-bob-dylan-hear-things-have-changed-w515881

midnightman
01-26-2018, 10:27 PM
I am just happy to hear that ANYBODY is still releasing CDs. I have just not gotten used to downloading and prefer physical product, and hope it will stick around longer than it sounds like it will.

CDs still make money. Digital copies are actually dropping more steeper than CDs so I think they'll be around forever. I think like tapes, CDs will always be here.

On topic: Glad to hear Bettye is back. Hope THIS one finally gets her the Grammy she needs.

marv2
01-26-2018, 10:41 PM
CDs still make money. Digital copies are actually dropping more steeper than CDs so I think they'll be around forever. I think like tapes, CDs will always be here.

On topic: Glad to hear Bettye is back. Hope THIS one finally gets her the Grammy she needs.

No they won't. CDs are going to eventually disappear sooner than later. Vinyl is making a modest comeback and once things are in place, it is going to replace CDs.

marv2
01-26-2018, 10:42 PM
Miss Bettye has done a great job with this Bob Dylan material.

daviddesper
01-27-2018, 12:36 AM
Didn't I even hear someplace that even CASSETTES are still selling???? I figured you could not even buy those anywhere anymore.

midnightman
01-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Yeah and LP's are making a comeback too.

@marv2, dude, CD's still make half of units. If it was gonna go extinct, it would've been extinct by NOW or like five years ago lol

marv2
01-27-2018, 09:20 PM
Yeah and LP's are making a comeback too.

@marv2, dude, CD's still make half of units. If it was gonna go extinct, it would've been extinct by NOW or like five years ago lol

Yeah and there was a time when Vinyl made up 100% of units. Watch.......!