PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes - Come On Boy Extended Mix

test

MarvinDK
01-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Hey everyone,

I just have to share this self-made extended mix with you 🙂

A real treat to the ones who love the Supremes early stuff.

The person who created this, made a very good job in my opinion.
BTW I never saw some of these rare pics before

https://youtu.be/VhL6y4oJ2Rg

luckyluckyme
01-16-2018, 02:53 PM
The link provided leads to an extended mix of Come On Boy. Is there one for Mr. Blues also?

MarvinDK
01-16-2018, 02:57 PM
Oh sorry... I thought so much about the album title, that I even wrote it into the title here 😁

I just changed it, sorry again

gman
01-16-2018, 06:12 PM
WOW! thank you...I have never seen many of these pics. I am the biggest Mary fan,
but Florence looks absolutely stunning in many of these candid shots. the opening shot, and the one at about 1.16 where Flo has the pulled back hair are 2 of the most gorgeous pics of FB I have ever saw. Looks like DR found the same blonde wig Dinah Washington used in some '62/'63 pics...she's wearing it on the Roulette label Best of LP.

jobucats
01-16-2018, 06:43 PM
MarvinDK, this is so wonderful, both musically and visually. As others have stated, there are so many pictures I've never seen before. I also love the way the some of the pictures were edited with special effects.

MarvinDK
01-17-2018, 07:35 AM
WOW! thank you...I have never seen many of these pics. I am the biggest Mary fan,
but Florence looks absolutely stunning in many of these candid shots. the opening shot, and the one at about 1.16 where Flo has the pulled back hair are 2 of the most gorgeous pics of FB I have ever saw. Looks like DR found the same blonde wig Dinah Washington used in some '62/'63 pics...she's wearing it on the Roulette label Best of LP.

Hi gman,

Yes I love that first pic and the one at 1:08 of Florence, the one at 2:17 of Diana with Doris Day and the one at 2:57 [[Call her Miss Flo) and the one at 3:27 where they're sitting on the chairs😀

and yes, the wig is similar to Dinah's.
It really suits Diana

MarvinDK
01-17-2018, 07:36 AM
MarvinDK, this is so wonderful, both musically and visually. As others have stated, there are so many pictures I've never seen before. I also love the way the some of the pictures were edited with special effects.

Hey jobucast,

I'm glad you enjoyed it ☺

RanRan79
01-17-2018, 01:02 PM
Wonderfully done! That's one of my all time favorites by the Supremes. I LOVE the period between when Barbara left and when "Where" hit number one. Personally I think the classic lineup was at their best. Diana had lost some of that early nasalness and replaced it with a sexy tone. Her vocals also had a more consistent r&b sound to it, which wouldn't be so consistent after she started doing so many showtunes. Florence and Mary were finding their blend without Barbara and they were great. Florence still had such a beautiful melodic sound to her high voice, which I do think she lost a bit of by the time the A Go Go sessions rolled around. And Mary still had a certain amount of confidence to her singing voice and she sounds gorgeous on "Come On Boy" in particular. She had a very underrated tone to her voice. I love every Flo/Diana/Mary period, but the 1962-1964 has to be my vocal favorite.

luke
01-17-2018, 02:21 PM
Dreary song but wonderful pics. Thx!