PDA

View Full Version : Blinky ... and Other Motown "Girl / "Girl Group" Upcoming Releases

test

longtimefan
02-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Can anyone refresh my foggy memory [[smile)? Beginning last fall, we learned about a variety of upcoming Motown-related CD releases scheduled for this winter/spring coming from a variety of officially sanctioned record labels including Funky Town Grooves, Reel Music, Hip-O, Motown, etc.

Can anyone help us craft an informal "Proposed Upcoming Releases" list including the artist[[s) name, CD title [[maybe), record label, and month of release. I know nothing about this will be official, but I'd just like to get my head around what we think we know. Personally, I am interested in girls/girl groups.

Here is the "format" I am suggesting: :cool:

1. 70s Supremes --- "Scherrie Payne Years" --- Hip-O --- April 2011

2. Blinky --- ? ------ Company? ---- Date?

3. The Marvelettes ----- Volume 2 of classic albums --- Motown --- ?

jobeterob
02-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Susaye posted on Facebook yesterday that she had seen the artwork for the Scherrie Payne years and that it was excellent. So it must continue to be on it's way.

midnight johnny
02-02-2011, 03:01 PM
On my latest UME blurb...the only Motown material to be released from now until April are Smokey's Solo'sVol 4 and The Four Tops Icon.

carlo
02-02-2011, 03:37 PM
I think the Blinky CD is being released by Reel Music...

I don't know which one I'm looking forward to more...The Marvelettes Vol. 2 or The Supremes' Final Sessions...I'm pretty excited about both of these, but I think I'm looking forward to The Marvelettes' set even more so. I hope they're released soon. I remember there was also an idea of doing a Marvelettes Anthology. I wonder if that's still going to happen? I hope so.

tamla617
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
blinky february reel music

Kamasu_Jr
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
blinky february reel music
This is February. Yay!