PDA

View Full Version : I ain't got Nothin'

test

temptationsfan500
01-03-2018, 03:11 PM
One of the Temptations finest album tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iDRnVdMhKE

arr&bee
01-03-2018, 07:08 PM
It has that ol school-doo-wop sound..shoo bop shoo bop.

Quinn
01-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Nice song,makes you appreciate what you have.I remember once in high school I was working on a senior project while listening to the 'Emperors Of Soul" box and stopping in my tracks when I listened to the lyrics. I became so overwhelmed by the lyrical content I had to take a break from my project to take a long walk.It made me reflect and develop some perspective because I had few complaints or worries.It's pretty much the same today and this song serves as a reminder of how truly blessed I am.Glad Norman Whitfield thought enough of it to have The Tempts relay the message.Never told anyone that story.Classic Song.

TomatoTom123
01-03-2018, 08:21 PM
I remember not liking this song very much before, but listening to it now I’m finding it very nice. Not a massive fan of the doo-wop sound but this is alright... a grower I reckon.

alexstassi
01-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Its one of my favourites.... was shocked when i heard the flamingos "i only have eyes for you" for the first time.... obviously "inspired" the temptations track.....

marv2
01-03-2018, 09:17 PM
This was also one of their best songs to show the depth of talent and versatility of the group! Love it!

Motown Eddie
01-04-2018, 08:15 AM
I'll always love The Tempts' "I Ain't Got Nothin". Truly one of my favorites from the All Directions LP [[and a song that I felt would've made a great single release).

lockhartgary
01-04-2018, 11:44 AM
And this song is perfect for Otis' voice.

arr&bee
01-04-2018, 04:25 PM
its one of my favourites.... Was shocked when i heard the flamingos "i only have eyes for you" for the first time.... Obviously "inspired" the temptations track.....the temps have been called-the latter day flamingos.

temptationsfan500
01-04-2018, 04:44 PM
I like Tempts tracks where they touch into their doo wop influences. Not really doo wop, but from the period, but their version of Life is But a Dream from the For Lovers Only album is outstanding.