PDA

View Full Version : Quads

test

simon.millar
01-03-2018, 04:44 AM
Hi everyone,

Apart for the Diana Ross “Last time I saw ... “ quad mix, does anyone know what other Motown quad mixes have been available on CD or for download?

I read somewhere that hip-o-select considered including these on some side f the expanded editions [[as above) but couldn’t locate the masters.

brothadc
01-03-2018, 08:43 PM
The Japan CD4 Quad mix of "Pledging My Love" by Diana & Marvin was released on Marvin Gaye's CD Love Songs: Greatest Duets

jack020
01-04-2018, 07:26 AM
I own Lets Get It On and Diana & Marvin in Japanese Quad vinyl.
I also have Lets Get It On and Marvin Gaye Collection in surround on DVD-Audio

sansradio
01-04-2018, 02:44 PM
The Japan CD4 Quad mix of "Pledging My Love" by Diana & Marvin was released on Marvin Gaye's CD Love Songs: Greatest Duets

Thanks for this info. Have any other Diana & Marvin Japanese quad tracks been released on compilations stateside?

simon.millar
01-05-2018, 06:25 AM
I didn't realise that the "Pledging My Love" on the Marvin Gaye Love Songs: Greatest Hits CD was the QUAD mix; I had avoided this release after hearing what they did to "Distant Lover".

Feedback on good or bad QUAD mixes would be welcomed; very interested in whether What's Going On was any good... and the Rare Earth tracks...

mjdestiny
01-05-2018, 10:12 AM
The japanese quad version of the Jackson 5 Greatest Hits contains a lot of interesting alternate vocals [[ ABC , I Found That Girl , Sugar Daddy , I'll Be There , ...) and mixes [[ especially The Love You Save and the prominent strings ) .
Can't wait for a CD release ... maybe in 2019 for the 50th anniversary of the J5 debut at Motown !

simon.millar
01-05-2018, 05:21 PM
If anyone has digitised any of the quad releases then pm me as I am interested in obtaining these. Thx

simon.millar
08-28-2018, 09:48 AM
If anyone has digitised any of the quad releases then pm me as I am interested in obtaining these. Thx