PDA

View Full Version : Complete Motown Singles Boxsets - Books

test

simon.millar
01-03-2018, 04:09 AM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know whether Motown have ever considered creating a book of the combined booklets for the Complete Motown Singles Boxsets; whether hard copy or electronic [[PDF, kindle etc)...

The raw material is obviously available and I for one would really welcome this as I don’t find the boxset bindings the easiest to browse and having all this great material in one place would be awesome...

Quinn
01-03-2018, 05:50 AM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know whether Motown have ever considered creating a book of the combined booklets for the Complete Motown Singles Boxsets; whether hard copy or electronic [[PDF, kindle etc)...

The raw material is obviously available and I for one would really welcome this as I don’t find the boxset bindings the easiest to browse and having all this great material in one place would be awesome... I don't believe so my friend. While the idea is a very ambitious one I can't see it happening. Considering the fact that bringing an ambitious project like the 14 set,1,849 track collection to fruition and having moderate sales with it won't help any either. I have them all and don't have a problem,but I understand where you're coming from. What would be great is if we could get a coffee table book of the session logs that highlight the work of Frances Heard and her assistant tape librarians. Four books that Harry Weinger rescued from neglect that date from 1961 to 1974 that tell the whole story from a recording standpoint. That should be considered.

PeaceNHarmony
01-03-2018, 06:37 AM
I do love the idea of session logs -

mysterysinger
01-03-2018, 07:57 AM
Either of those ideas would be great - "simply" making the booklets available digitally would be wonderful [[nothing simple about it I assume).