PDA

View Full Version : Temptations - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Mono

test

lockhartgary
12-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Brings back childhood memories! One of the best renditions of this song.

By the way, what intro are they referring to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGMarbKyK0Q

marv2
12-20-2017, 09:44 PM
Lockhartgary, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title of this thread. Nice childhood memories. I can remember a bunch of us singing this [[in the Temptations style) on the way to school way back in 1968! Boy it was cold then! LOL!

luckyluckyme
12-21-2017, 06:13 AM
The Complete Motown Singles Vol 8 does not list this track as [[Without Intro).
The intro is "You know Dasher & Dancer and Prancer & Vixen, Comet & Cupid & Donner & Blitzen. But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all"
In most public gatherings, whenever this song is sung by all, people [[children through adults) generally begin the song without the introduction, instead beginning with "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose....."
The Universal representative who posted this probably never listened to the recording and assumed that the mono version began without the introduction.

lockhartgary
12-21-2017, 10:55 AM
Lockhartgary, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title of this thread. Nice childhood memories. I can remember a bunch of us singing this [[in the Temptations style) on the way to school way back in 1968! Boy it was cold then! LOL!

Yes, it was cold back then! And let's not forget having to walk to school in 3 feet of snow, which gets deeper the older we get!

marv2
12-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Yes, it was cold back then! And let's not forget having to walk to school in 3 feet of snow, which gets deeper the older we get!

Exactly! We walked to school no matter how much snow or what the weather was like [[rubber boots? LOL). 10, 12 or more inches of snow meant nothing. Today, if we get 3 inches of snow they call a "snow day" Good grief! LOL!!!!

temptationsfan500
12-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Not really into kids' type Christmas songs, but this is fun. It's the Tempts so it's all good! Merry Christmas and happy holidays Temptations and Motown fans!