PDA

View Full Version : James Jamerson England's Fan Club

test

Ant McKnight
12-16-2017, 09:35 PM
I know that during a scene of "Standing In The Shadows Of Motown" I heard a couple of people asked Uriel Jones & Jack Ashford if James Jamerson was there because they were fans who represented the James Jamerson Fan Club, I was only interested in knowing rather there is or does the James Jamerson Fan Club still existed?

snakepit
12-17-2017, 08:30 AM
I think that was a tongue in cheek remark...there was a Tamla Motown appreciation society.

bradburger
12-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Indeed, I think it was a nod to the British fans's knowledge of Motown's 'behind the scenes' and 'backroom' people, even in the early days of the label's history.

Cheers

Paul

marv2
12-18-2017, 01:34 AM
Years before "Standing In the Shadows of Motown", the television special "Motown 40" aired. In the special Jack Ashford made a jokingly comment about finding out that there was a James Jamerson fan club in England. This program aired in 1998.

snakepit
12-18-2017, 05:46 AM
Dave Godin founded the TMAS , and as a result of his fanatical interest, the 1965 tour of the UK and TM label launched.
A small group welcomed the artists.
It is well known that Godin exagerated Motown's UK appeal. This was NOT Beatlemania.
The artists were delighted to be welcomed but only Godin and a few close friends were in on this at the time.
There would have been surprise that somebody had heard Jamerson's name.