PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Temptations Classic 5 lineup album?

test

temptationsfan500
12-14-2017, 08:40 PM
I want to say all of them, but I'll go with Wish It Would Rain.

marv2
12-14-2017, 08:43 PM
"The Temptin' Temptations" from 1965

TomatoTom123
12-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Can’t pick

LOL

RanRan79
12-14-2017, 09:08 PM
Gettin' Ready is my favorite. It was the first Tempts non compilation I bought and the songs conjure up a ton of memories for the period when I bought it.

Motown4Ever518
12-14-2017, 09:45 PM
You are right tf500, it is tough to decide. I will say Gettin Ready. From the slick album cover to the songs.

arr&bee
12-15-2017, 01:25 PM
For me it's the too cool-temptin temptations,with it's white on white cover photo[otis complained that they didn't have the white shoes,hehe]it doesn't matter to me a great,great,great album...gettin ready is a very close second!!

lockhartgary
12-15-2017, 03:59 PM
The Temptin' Temptations. Love this album; not a dud to be found.

For some reason I could never get into the "Gettin' Ready" album. I think the multiple producers might be why.

temptationsfan500
12-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Gettin' Ready has the best cover no question about that.

lockhartgary
12-15-2017, 05:52 PM
For me it's the too cool-temptin temptations,with it's white on white cover photo[otis complained that they didn't have the white shoes,hehe]it doesn't matter to me a great,great,great album...gettin ready is a very close second!!

I wonder if Motown was trying to make a statement with this cover?

Motown Eddie
12-16-2017, 08:09 AM
My pick is With A Lot 'O Soul with Temptin' Temptations & The Temptations Sing Smokey as the runners up.

captainjames
12-16-2017, 10:44 PM
Meet The Temptations

Encyclopedia Mack
01-14-2018, 10:08 AM
“Temptations Sing Smokey.”That was a perfect album. “In A Mellow Mood” is my next choice. Another perfect album.

marv2
01-14-2018, 02:20 PM
“Temptations Sing Smokey.”That was a perfect album. “In A Mellow Mood” is my next choice. Another perfect album.

"The Temptations Sing Smokey" was a great album.

DWSheffer
01-14-2018, 02:49 PM
I would have to go with "Temptin' Temptations"......I like every song on the album and play it regularly.
Darin

marv2
01-14-2018, 03:09 PM
I would have to go with "Temptin' Temptations"......I like every song on the album and play it regularly.
Darin

That one is my all time favorite. I could play it non-stop today and enjoy every minute of it.

marv2
01-14-2018, 03:12 PM
If you go to your settings on Youtube, set it to 1.5 so that the album will play at normal speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9vMM3LLeJg

arr&bee
01-15-2018, 11:39 PM
Marv,you ain't never lied-this pl is the one,i think that with this one the listening public got to hear the true vocal greatness of the temps as their vocal range expanded.

marv2
01-16-2018, 10:32 PM
Marv,you ain't never lied-this pl is the one,i think that with this one the listening public got to hear the true vocal greatness of the temps as their vocal range expanded.

It was almost like a "greatest hits" album in just one album.

TomorrowHappened
01-17-2018, 07:59 AM
It's a toss up between Temptin' Temptations, Gettin' Ready and With A Lot o' Soul. They always change for me!! Possibly Gettin' Ready though

marv2
01-19-2018, 06:14 PM
It's a toss up between Temptin' Temptations, Gettin' Ready and With A Lot o' Soul. They always change for me!! Possibly Gettin' Ready though

I like those albums too. I own all of them, but they just didn't have the extra "punch" that "Temptin' Temptations" had.

marv2
01-19-2018, 06:19 PM

Now after all of these years, we can appreciate just how truly talented these guys were. Listen to the intricate backgrounds that were mostly created for the group by Eddie Kendricks. They were masterful of their craft! I am still just in awe of what they created all without any formal music training.

arr&bee
01-19-2018, 07:42 PM
What i find amazing is that eddie created the vocal harmonies,i always thought that it would've been otis and i love to just listen to the blend of their voices.

marv2
01-19-2018, 07:45 PM
What i find amazing is that eddie created the vocal harmonies,i always thought that it would've been otis and i love to just listen to the blend of their voices.

Watching and listening to Eddie Kendricks all of my life, I easily got the understanding of how important music and singing was to him. He did those arrangements and something tells me that he would have done them for free for the love of it. Otis always reminded me of the administrator/management type. LOL!

arr&bee
01-22-2018, 01:28 AM
Eddie then actually wore two hats-wardrobe-harmony,i've always felt that david never got the credit he deserves for the temps greatest stage prop-the four headed mic,which really set them apart from any other groups of the day.

marv2
01-22-2018, 03:15 PM
Eddie then actually wore two hats-wardrobe-harmony,i've always felt that david never got the credit he deserves for the temps greatest stage prop-the four headed mic,which really set them apart from any other groups of the day.

Don't forget that Paul Williams was responsible for most of their choreography early on. He also taught them about showmanship. Watch him in some of the old video clips. He could have easily become a major solo act similar to Sammy Davis Jr., etc.

arr&bee
01-22-2018, 04:45 PM
Oh no doubt,paul was badd,but marv this is why we love em sooo much any of them could've been a success as a solo with the right material and company behind them,i can imagine paul recording for[capitol records]or put david down in muscle shoals with his soulful sound with steve cropper and issac hayes writing,how about blue in a nightclub with a spotlight crooning in that deep bass and the ladies swooning or otis sing some sweet love songs as a solo artist,the temptations were a collection of pure talent.

midnightman
01-22-2018, 10:15 PM
Hard to pick. Either With a Lot O' Soul, Temptations Sing Smokey, Temptin' Temptations or Wish It Would Rain...