PDA

View Full Version : Love is like an Itchin: Is it "hide" or "out"?

test

thanxal
12-11-2017, 11:49 AM
I need some expert assistance interpreting what is probably my favorite Motown song, Love is Like an Itchin' in My Heart.

For years I thought in the verse below, the word in bold in the lyric was HIDE.

...I've been bitten by the love bug
and I need some information
to help me, out/hide the situation...

However, with the superb remastering by the Universal team in the early 2000s, it became obvious, at least in the stereo album version, that the word is OUT. I think I first discovered this on the blue Motown boxed set.

Which is all fine and well until the Expanded Edition of A-Go Go came out. Having closely listened to the various versions, I swear I hear the word HIDE intermittently throughout but clearly at the end [[5m:16s) of the SupreMix version.

Does anyone else hear the word HIDE instead of OUT, in any version of this song, or am I just crazy [[both is also possible)?

Thanks in advance.

nathanj06
12-11-2017, 12:02 PM
It is "out". If "hide" is heard it could be an alternate? I never noticed that one before. I'll have to listen to the expanded version again. I'm sure someone with much more knowledge will help you out. Interesting observation though and a great song. :)

jobucats
12-11-2017, 01:00 PM
I've always heard "out" as a short way of saying "outta the situation". But then again, there are those here, I am sure, who were at the recording session and have the definitive answer. :)

thanxal
12-11-2017, 01:13 PM
I've always heard "out" as a short way of saying "outta the situation". But then again, there are those here, I am sure, who were at the recording session and have the definitive answer. :)

I've heard "out the situation" but I swear in the Scratch It and SupreMix, Diana plays with the word "hide".

TheMotownManiac
12-12-2017, 12:56 AM
I’ve never heard hide, only “out ‘da situation”