PDA

View Full Version : "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours"

test

Clifton Miller
12-08-2017, 11:09 AM
This is a look at the song [[it's still delivering) and part of its backstory with The Rockin' Mr. G.
http://www.adampwhite.com/westgrandblog/signed-sealed

marv2
12-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Oh that is a great story! I never knew the background info. on "Signed, Sealed, Delivered". I just remember that it became an immediate hit at my house as soon as my Mom brought it home and put it on the stereo. It was played at house parties, barbeques, everywhere back in the early 70s. Today if you put it on the jukebox ,you still get an noticeable response. Love that record. Thank you Clifton Miller!

Motown Eddie
12-13-2017, 05:39 PM
Thanks for sharing Clifton. Great article about Stevie's classic, "Signed, Sealed & Delivered". I didn't know that "SS&D" was being considered for Johnny Taylor. Not only could I see him doing a great job on the song, there's a connection here since Taylor's work on Stax Records [[on the songs produced by Don Davis from 1968 onwards) was about fusing the sounds of Southern & Northern Soul Music.

Clifton Miller
12-14-2017, 08:23 PM
Good “fusion” point, Eddie. Don Davis was one of the more underrated Detroit music mavens, and I’m still waiting to read an authoritative account of his work and history.