PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Temptations Psychedelic song?

test

temptationsfan500
12-07-2017, 08:02 PM
I love the psychedelic soul era Temptations. Especially the long cuts because the Funk Bros. could break out and jam. This is my favorite. Paul really sings the blues hard on his part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEMhrrCnlY0

marv2
12-07-2017, 08:26 PM
"Hum Along and Dance" was my personal favorite from this period.

lockhartgary
12-07-2017, 09:25 PM
"Runaway Child Running Wild", especially the full length album cut.

caliluv
12-08-2017, 02:04 AM
Take a stroll through your mind

theboyfromxtown
12-08-2017, 04:02 AM
Psychedelic Shack is my personal favourite of all their songs. The extended version is even better.

alexstassi
12-08-2017, 10:19 PM
"I need you" from 1990 is a standout for me..... and i always liked "i aint got nothin" and "mother nature" from all directions...
Saying that, none of these are actually that long

Take a stroll thru your mind and Love can be anything are proper trippy!!

TomatoTom123
12-09-2017, 06:14 AM
Oooooh... there are so many... "Don’t Let The Joneses Get You Down"... "You Need Love I Do [[Don't You?)"... "Pyschedelic Shack"... "Unite The World"... mmmhmm

Some are probably too weird and trippy for me but most are good :)

"Law Of The Land" is probably my favourite actually :D

Motown Eddie
12-09-2017, 06:41 AM
My favorite psychedelic Tempts track is "Run Away Child [[Running Wild)". In it's full length version on Cloud Nine, it's 'psychedelic soul' at it's very best. And I love "Psychedelic Shack", "Hum Along And Dance/Take A Stroll Through Your Mind" & "Smiling Faces Sometimes". I also think that The Temptations 'psychedelic soul' era was very influential on other vocal groups; you could draw a straight line from "Cloud Nine" to records like The Impressions "Check Out Your Mind".

alexstassi
12-09-2017, 08:08 AM
My favorite psychedelic Tempts track is "Run Away Child [[Running Wild)". In it's full length version on Cloud Nine, it's 'psychedelic soul' at it's very best. And I love "Psychedelic Shack", "Hum Along And Dance/Take A Stroll Through Your Mind" & "Smiling Faces Sometimes". I also think that The Temptations 'psychedelic soul' era was very influential on other vocal groups; you could draw a straight line from "Cloud Nine" to records like The Impressions "Check Out Your Mind".

I remember being at college and first hearing the full length version of Runaway Child... me and my friends couldnt stop laughing when we heard "i want my mummy...."

temptationsfan500
12-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Smiling Faces Sometimes is another fave of mine. I get why the Undisputed Truth's version got the single release and became a hit, but The Temptations version is a masterpiece, before Masterpiece, ha ha ha!

jobeterob
12-10-2017, 03:18 AM
Unite the world
Runaway child
Psychedelic shack - likely the favourite

alexstassi
12-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Just revisited Masterpiece in all its glory... i forgot how trippy Hurry Tomorrow was!!!

theboyfromxtown
12-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Unite the world
Runaway child
Psychedelic shack - likely the favourite

I always knew you had good tastes! :-)

theboyfromxtown
12-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Mono 45 version knocks spots off the album version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu_BEbUeaqw

arr&bee
12-17-2017, 12:31 PM
Umm,good question,i'd say-cloud nine.