PDA

View Full Version : New Labelle reunion coming up!

test

luke
12-07-2017, 12:38 AM
Per Patti on Watch what happens live show yesterday...Sarah and Nona and herself will be recording and touring. No specifics. They said this 3 years ago too and didn’t so we shall see.

marv2
12-07-2017, 02:10 AM
Well at least they are trying.

Circa 1824
12-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Mortgage payments are due.

luke
12-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Lol. And yes they are trying! I tell you when these ladies wail there’s nobody like them!

Guy
12-08-2017, 03:07 AM
Lol. And yes they are trying! I tell you when Thise ladies wail there’s nobody like them!

Indeed. I'm there for it if Labelle reunited for a tour.

Circa 1824
12-08-2017, 11:04 PM
Lol. And yes they are trying! I tell you when these ladies wail there’s nobody like them!

I was never a fan of "wailing." It is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

Bluebrock
12-09-2017, 09:12 AM
Indeed. I'm there for it if Labelle reunited for a tour.
Just listening to one of Patti's festive albums as i write this. I understand where people are coming from when they say she wails and oversings, but i remain a committed fan and i hope we get another reunion album. I was a little disappointed with the previous one.

PeaceNHarmony
12-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Just listening to one of Patti's festive albums as i write this. I understand where people are coming from when they say she wails and oversings, but i remain a committed fan and i hope we get another reunion album. I was a little disappointed with the previous one.
Some said the same but I loved, and still frequently play, Back to Now. My only complaint [[as it has always been) is that I would prefer more traded leads with Sarah and Nona. The NYC reunion shows were 2 of the most memorable live events ever, for me. Goddesses walked among us.

luke
12-10-2017, 12:22 AM
Totally agree. I loved Candlelight and the very underrated Lenny Kravitz song. Also wish Sarah and Nona had more leads. Surprised they didn’t tho their harmonies still amazing

Bluebrock
12-10-2017, 04:08 AM
Some said the same but I loved, and still frequently play, Back to Now. My only complaint [[as it has always been) is that I would prefer more traded leads with Sarah and Nona. The NYC reunion shows were 2 of the most memorable live events ever, for me. Goddesses walked among us.
I respect your musical tastes peacenharmony so i shall have to dig it out and give it a few more spins, but not until the festive period is over with. It is Christmas music all the way for me for the next 2 weeks or so.

Circa 1824
12-10-2017, 09:37 AM
I too just love Christmas music, especially from the 1940s, 50s, and 60s. I cannot get enough.