PDA

View Full Version : Another high class relase" carrying on the Legacy"

test

luke
02-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Jean, Scherrie and LYDIA !! http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Name-Scherrie-Lydia-Supremes/dp/B004JKM3UM/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1296577556&sr=1-4 what can one say?

Kamasu_Jr
02-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Is it really their fault or that of some unethical producer [[like Ian Levine ) or manager they once worked with? Jean Terrell has not been affiliated with Lynda or Scherrie for over 10 years now. Give them a break. They probably won't make a dime from this. One of the names isn't spelled correct.

marv2
02-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Lydia was my favorite Supreme! hehehehehe! Thanks Luke!

marybrewster
02-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Is it really their fault or that of some unethical producer [[like Ian Levine ) or manager they once worked with? Jean Terrell has not been affiliated with Lynda or Scherrie for over 10 years now. Give them a break. They probably won't make a dime from this. One of the names isn't spelled correct.

Exactly.

Just an effort to bait.....

detmotownguy
02-01-2011, 03:21 PM
You know she is Marv, just admit it once and for all.....lol!

marv2
02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
You know she is Marv, just admit it once and for all.....lol!

Ok, ok, I admit it! I like women with LOUD, bland voices singing at the tops of their lungs while wearing cheap but sexy loungwear.........LOL!!!!

theboyfromxtown
02-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Ok, ok, I admit it! I like women with LOUD, bland voices singing at the tops of their lungs while wearing cheap but sexy loungwear.........LOL!!!!

Am I the only poster who feels very uncomfortable seeing unkind personal remarks like this. I still haven't got over the absolutely dreadful comment about Diana Ross a few months ago. I want to contribute to these threads but I am put off from responding. I just wish it didn't happen because it takes away my enjoyment.

I appreciate this is a forum but I'd really appreciate if there could be a little more consideration for others who might be offended by disrespect, with less of the unkind personal comments and more on the music.

Thank you

marv2
02-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Am I the only poster who feels very uncomfortable seeing unkind personal remarks like this. I still haven't got over the absolutely dreadful comment about Diana Ross a few months ago. I want to contribute to these threads but I am put off from responding. I just wish it didn't happen because it takes away my enjoyment.

I appreciate this is a forum but I'd really appreciate if there could be a little more consideration for others who might be offended by disrespect, with less of the unkind personal comments and more on the music.

Thank you

Ok, I sorry.

tamla617
02-01-2011, 05:59 PM
and i would have bought two copies but the exchange rate isnt good enough,thats my excuse sorted

topdiva1
02-01-2011, 06:29 PM

Thank you

Your right - I am sorry.

carlo
02-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I actually like Lynda's voice.

soulster
02-01-2011, 10:21 PM
You mean there's yet another high-class Beatles CD? YES!!!!!!:cool:

Penny
02-01-2011, 10:26 PM

Thank you

Thank you the boyfromxtown for saying that. I couldn't agree more. Some of these threads I can't even read anymore.

theboyfromxtown
02-02-2011, 03:36 AM
Thank you all.

nomis
02-02-2011, 10:39 AM
You Know I dont like a word said against Ian Levine..he tried his best,his heart was in the right place and he put his money where his mouth was..his productions might have ended up sounding cheap but he wanted to create work for Motown artists and I for one respect him for that..Ian Levine isnt a villian and i wont put up with anyone who dogs him..he made a flawed technical judgement but his motive was honorable...

carlo
02-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Thank you the boyfromxtown for saying that. I couldn't agree more. Some of these threads I can't even read anymore.

I feel the same, but I do not allow another person's negative attitude to affect me. Many times I've stopped myself from posting something in response to these individuals, but you gotta think before you post. Let it sit for a while and "think it oh-oh-ver"! I'm going to keep posting and keep staying positive and maybe eventually these people will get tired of their own stupidity. There have been some very disrespectful comments made all-around [[even by those who proclaim to be innocent time and time again), but try not to take it so personally. I don't understand how some fans can say its ruined their love for the music or the artists. I mean, if they're talking about the nastiness between Supremes fans, trust me, they have no idea. I guess maybe it's because I've just become immune to reading this sort of garbage. It doesn't affect me anymore. It is what it is. I've gotten used to the fact that it will never end. So I'm just going to keep hanging out here and I'll talk about the music with whoever is still willing.

ralpht
02-02-2011, 03:02 PM
And I appreciate the joint effort for civility here. Many thanks guys.

Kamasu_Jr
02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
No one said Ian Levine's heart wasn't in the right place. You can have good intentions and still be flawed OR NOT HAVE THE BEST BUSINESS SENSE. We see that all of the time with politicians and businessmen.

jobeterob
02-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Didn't we just see recently that Motorcity Records has been sold to someone or some group that now thinks they can profitably market these recordings?

It's way too late in the day for that isn't it?

marv2
02-02-2011, 06:08 PM
I met Ian Levine and the brief time I spent around him we got along just fine. I don't doubt his good intentions when it came to long forgotten former Motown Artists. However, I simply could not appreciate a lot of his productions and did not enjoy most of it. That being said, he did give renewed life, musically speaking to many Detroit oldtimers however briefly.

robbert
02-02-2011, 09:00 PM

Thank you
Exactly the right time and place, thanks for that, John.
In an other thread I tried to gain some attention of the raging queens by calling myself a "fugitive on my own SDF", but in the heat of the battle no one noticed my remark.
I'm still hoping people will make a real effort and behave.

rod_rick
02-03-2011, 01:24 AM
I actually like Lynda's voice.
Carlo Lynda has a good voice, but she strays from the melody too much and it make the supremes songs sound awful imo. Now when she stick to the melody of a song she sounds great. I've heard her perform a Stevie Wonder song the same way, where it sound to me like like she was singing the alto part as the melody

carlo
02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Rod_Rick: I agree. I like Lynda and I like the FLOS, but I don't care for their versions of The Supremes' hits. I like when they cover other songs. Their "Stop To Love" album was good. I also like Lynda's vocals on their earlier songs, like "Hit & Miss". There's a really good remix of that track out there.