PDA

View Full Version : Motown Unreleased

test

caliluv
12-01-2017, 02:02 PM
FYI:

https://m.facebook.com/ClassicMotown/photos/a.336623509701312.83678.122520357778296/1686203174743332/?type=3

PeaceNHarmony
12-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Cool! Here's another:
https://us.udiscovermusic.com/motown-unreleased-1966.html

zani57
12-01-2017, 05:36 PM
From The Second Disc —

https://theseconddisc.com/2017/12/the-soulful-shack-motown-unreleased-1966-box-set-comes-to-limited-edition-cd/

mysterysinger
12-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Works out at pretty much $70 with postage [[to UK) and taxes! Yikes - £52 in GBP.

copley
12-01-2017, 07:15 PM
At £52 I'll pass as I already bought the downloads!

woodward
12-01-2017, 09:07 PM

Since you already heard the downloads, what are your recommendations on the collection? Did you like the collection, were they great, or what?

Motown Eddie
12-02-2017, 08:00 AM
FYI:

https://m.facebook.com/ClassicMotown/photos/a.336623509701312.83678.122520357778296/1686203174743332/?type=3

Thanks for sharing Caliluv! This is wonderful news and I've put in for my copy of Motown Unreleased 1966.

alanh
12-02-2017, 12:56 PM
I've bought most of the 'Unreleased' downloads and in my opinion 1966 was the best yet. I've never much cared for the Motown treatment of the 'standards', but leaving those aside, the majority of the rest of the recordings were great. There's always the issue of "if they were unreleased they may not be up to scratch" but a lot of this set was terrific.

Laserdk
12-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Unfortunately, it's not available to buy in the UK for us customers who wanted the booklet and even better sound quality than the lossless downloads.

Ivor

mysterysinger
12-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately, it's not available to buy in the UK for us customers who wanted the booklet and even better sound quality than the lossless downloads.

Ivor

Ivor - I'm in the UK and I ordered the set and paid by PayPal. There was no problem with the website and, so far, I've not had a rejection email. Whilst there's still a chance I'll get a knock back, things seem to be on track at this stage.

The minor "disappointment" for me is the number of duplicated tracks with the Brenda Holloway "Spellbound" CD. But at least I've saved the £14 or so for the download version of 66.

wedgeville
12-02-2017, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=mysterysinger;428001]Ivor - I'm in the UK and I ordered the set and paid by PayPal. There was no problem with the website and, so far, I've not had a rejection email. Whilst there's still a chance I'll get a knock back, things seem to be on track at this stage.

Kev, Which site did you use, as the second disc does not ship to the UK?

Wayne

MrTopCat
12-02-2017, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=mysterysinger;428001]Ivor - I'm in the UK and I ordered the set and paid by PayPal. There was no problem with the website and, so far, I've not had a rejection email. Whilst there's still a chance I'll get a knock back, things seem to be on track at this stage.

Wayne

The set is not being released by The Second Disc. Use the Udiscover link above.

woodward
12-02-2017, 01:53 PM
FYI all US members. I placed my order 12/1/17 and the charge was processed immediately despite the shipment date of 12/15/17. The actual price of the set was $49.98 + $7.54 S/H, total $57.52.

mysterysinger
12-02-2017, 01:58 PM

Wayne

Yes I used Udiscover and it totalled $69.65 including tax and postage.

jboy88
12-02-2017, 04:53 PM
I'm going to place my order within the next week or so. Personally, I think it's a bad idea to limit it to such a low number. Third party sellers will easily take advantage of those who go to sleep on this one.

bradburger
12-02-2017, 05:32 PM
If the CD set does not get a UK release, I hope Universal will add the booklet that comes with the CD as a PDF download to the digital release.

[[I was going to buy the digital release at some point, but held off after it was mooted that a CD release was on the cards).

Cheers

Paul

Cadeho
12-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Reading this on the theseconddisc link above,

"Should this sell out, perhaps UMC will dig back in the vaults to bring past – and future – volumes of this indispensable rarities series to CD."

I hope it sells out and they release the series on CD with fixes for the problems with some of the songs on the 1962 sets... if they can. And is there stuff from 1959-61 we haven't heard?

If it's been asked and answered before, forgive me, but what happens to the stuff they don't release in these sets? They were ok with them being public domain?

dickiemint
12-02-2017, 08:35 PM
I'm not able to change the county to United Kingdom on the udiscover site any tips on how to do this ??

lakedistrictlad1
12-03-2017, 12:32 PM
I just received this email from udiscover in reply to my question about shipping to the U.K...

Please note that the countries you see listed on our store are the only countries we can ship to currently. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I wasn't happy when this was a download only release. And now I'm not happy all over again that I can't get the physical release.
Universal...you sure know how to do right by us fans!! 👎😠

alanh
12-03-2017, 03:41 PM
The 1966 CD is being discussed in the 'Unreleased 1967' thread as well, if you haven't seen it. Keith Hughes has posted that he's looking into the ordering issue.

paul_nixon
12-03-2017, 03:50 PM
Ivor - I'm in the UK and I ordered the set and paid by PayPal. There was no problem with the website and, so far, I've not had a rejection email. Whilst there's still a chance I'll get a knock back, things seem to be on track at this stage.

The minor "disappointment" for me is the number of duplicated tracks with the Brenda Holloway "Spellbound" CD. But at least I've saved the £14 or so for the download version of 66.

Don't worry too much many of the Brenda tracks duplicated from the 66 release are in a different mix on the Spellbound set.

jbpintus
12-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Well...
France is not on the list of countries available either.
But I was able to order a copy twice quite simply... IÂ’ve paid with PayPal, and my address - complete with the country France added to it - was automatically chosen as the delivery address.

When the order was placed I was charged with $14 or so with shipping.
Si i guess thereÂ’s no problem. And IÂ’ll get my copies.

You should try that way. I really do think they can ship to France.
As this is part of the address, I canÂ’t how the shippings would fail...

JB

mysterysinger
12-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Yes that's the way to do it - paying by PayPal means you by pass the country issue and since PayPal already includes your address, a successful payment will result in a receipt showing that you made a payment to the Universal Music Group. The postage is higher than in the USA and there is tax of around $10 added to the price which to me would indicate a successful purchase [[for now at least).

keith_hughes
12-04-2017, 05:12 AM
Well done JB, that's it. An additional note: when you click on the shopping basket icon, DON'T select GO TO CHECKOUT, select VIEW AND EDIT CART. That's where you see the CHECKOUT WITH PAYPAL button.

It seems to be an intelligence test, as with so much ordering on the internet.

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
12-05-2017, 03:57 AM
Yes! I'm so excited a physical edition is coming out [[immediately ordered as soon as I found out) and hope that means they'll release the rest as well. I never bought any of the download-only releases except for the "Baby It's Me" expanded one [[had to get that one!) But now that they're finally releasing physical editions again, I've made sure I've got them immediately: The Supremes A'Go-Go, The Ultimate Merry Christmas, and the latest Brenda Holloway collection!

Motown4Ever518
12-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Since you already heard the downloads, what are your recommendations on the collection? Did you like the collection, were they great, or what?

When I saw your post Woodward I remember thinking that while I like the download, is it worth $50.00 for a hard copy of what I have downloaded. On the one hand, its available, so I have to own it! The Cellarful of Motown series was $40.00 and they had some 40 songs all unreleased and was magnificent. The Complete Motown Singles Series were $80.00, and were a known entity, an excellent buy. Some of the best songs on 1966 Unreleased were the 9 Brenda Holloway songs that were released on a physical release this year.

As far as the songs themselves, because I am into Gospel Music, I liked those songs. The alternate versions of songs while interesting, left me hungry for the original versions. The quality of the songs on a physical release will sound infinitely better than the downloads. A case in point, the song "Then" by the Temptin Temptations. I absolutely love the 4 Tops version, with better sound quality, I might love the Tempts version too, the downloaded version is just OK. If I had a physical copy, I would not need the downloaded versions freeing up storage space.

I said all that to say, while the pickings of unreleased material are getting slim at this point in time, It's a yes for me. 1966 was the pinnacle year for Motown and while I was expecting to be blown away, I am however satisfied. I hope that somehow this helped Woodward.

luckyluckyme
12-11-2017, 04:17 AM
udiscover.com is now showing the 1966 set as out of stock.

Quinn
12-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Yes,it looks as if it has sold out in the pre order stage.I didn't see the dilemma in making these available.Supply and Demand.Study your market and let what you discover dictate your actions.It's too bad we won't be able to buy physical copies of "1967" on release date.They would have to push the release date back to make it possible,which nobody would want.Thanks again to everyone here who supported one another and Universal who paid attention.It's proven,it works.

lakedistrictlad1
12-11-2017, 11:13 AM
I purchased this through paypal on the Udiscovermusic website to send to the U.K.
The fact that they say they won't ship outside the U.S still makes me nervous.
I'll believe it for real when it lands on my doorstep.

mistercarter2u
12-11-2017, 12:22 PM
I decided against purchasing this set, primarily because it is just too friggin' expensive. Universal already got $40 out of me when the downloads came out, and as such, I was sincerely hoping that they would make this a less expensive set, knowing that so many fans already purchased the downloads. $50 just seems too much for four CD's of previously available music. At least, that is my opinion. I am a committed fan and have tried to purchase all of the "new" stuff from Motown vaults as they have become available, but to re-buy this collection and drop another $50 is just too much for me.... I do wish they'd make the 1967 Unreleased available on CD up-front or at least concurrent with the downloads, but I expect they will follow the same plan and milk the fans further....

snakepit
12-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Mistercarter2u
I'm in the same boat as you.
I'll only take an interest if it turns up second hand somewhere, at a price that I think reasonable.

Quinn
12-11-2017, 05:25 PM
I decided against purchasing this set, primarily because it is just too friggin' expensive. Universal already got $40 out of me when the downloads came out, and as such, I was sincerely hoping that they would make this a less expensive set, knowing that so many fans already purchased the downloads. $50 just seems too much for four CD's of previously available music. At least, that is my opinion. I am a committed fan and have tried to purchase all of the "new" stuff from Motown vaults as they have become available, but to re-buy this collection and drop another $50 is just too much for me.... I do wish they'd make the 1967 Unreleased available on CD up-front or at least concurrent with the downloads, but I expect they will follow the same plan and milk the fans further....I understand you perfectly and you're right in a sense, but I can see why this unfortunate situation is happening.In 2012,when they started doing these the CD was not what it had been in the past and hasn't improved much as far as I know.Vinyl and downloads were becoming the hot commodities in the marketplace so naturally they would jump on the bandwagon.These collections were also released quietly,so it's not like fans found out quickly that these were out there.I didn't find out until 2014.The following for these collections got stronger with time until tangibles were recently demanded and they moved on it.You also have to consider that they lost a great deal of money on HipoSelect,which was supposed to be a great and cost efficient way to get rare titles to a cult following.It failed miserably and was probably a logistical nightmare for Universal.This was maybe just an experiment to see what would happen and they were successful.Now it would be a gas if they would take the profit they just gained and manufacture copies of "1967" at warp speed to meet their deadline.Universal is a self reliant corporation,so they can do this if they work overtime and get these tracks to their plants now that we've proven we're all for it.Keith,Harry and the "suits" should consider that strongly because we just gave them the money to bring it to fruition.You're correct, but I just wanted to provide some perspective.Hope you and other fans obtain a copy in the future.

danman869
12-12-2017, 01:04 PM
I understand you perfectly and you're right in a sense, but I can see why this unfortunate situation is happening.In 2012,when they started doing these the CD was not what it had been in the past and hasn't improved much as far as I know.Vinyl and downloads were becoming the hot commodities in the marketplace so naturally they would jump on the bandwagon.These collection were also released quietly,so it's not like fans found out quickly that these were out there.I didn't find out until 2014.The following for these collections got stronger with time until tangibles were recently demanded and they moved on it.You also have to consider that they lost a great deal of money on HipoSelect,which was supposed to be a great and cost efficient way to get rare titles to a cult following.It failed miserably and was probably a logistical nightmare for Universal.This was maybe just an experiment to see what would happen and they were successful.Now it would be a gas if they would take the profit they just gained and manufacture copies of "1967" at warp speed to meet their deadline.Universal is a self reliant corporation,so they can do this if they work overtime and get these tracks to their plants now that we've proven we're all for it.Keith,Harry and the "suits" should consider that strongly because we just gave them the money to bring it to fruition.You're correct, but I just wanted to provide some perspective.Hope you and other fans obtain a copy in the future.

In my opinion, Hip-O Select was a failure because of Universal and in no way because of a lack of demand. There has been and continues to be a major problem with how Universal markets their releases. [[I.e., they basically don’t.) they release[[d) product without promotion, it sells minimally, and then the buzz [[would) comes back to loyal customers that they were extremely disappointed by sales and they will be releasing less product in the future. Nothing today can or should be released without promotion. There is so much available to entertain today that sometimes buyers aren’t aware when there are reissues or expanded editions. Promote the hell out of a year’s worth of releases and then determine whether or not it makes a difference [[what sells, what doesn’t, what needs more promotion than ‘usual’, etc.). Instead, Universal now lets stuff creep out. Why do the Beatles, The Beach Boys, Bob Dylan, etc., get these splashy sets with decent promotion, but Motown gets treated as unworthy? Your product is only as important as you see it to be.

mysterysinger
12-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Hip-O-Select was a miserable failure? Really? If so, it took several years and hundreds of releases to find that out. All the limited edition Motown releases seemed to sell out. How can that be failure? They sold what they set out to. I can't see that as a failure. Everything has a shelf life.

bradsupremes
12-12-2017, 03:31 PM
Hip-O-Select was a miserable failure? Really? If so, it took several years and hundreds of releases to find that out. All the limited edition Motown releases seemed to sell out. How can that be failure? They sold what they set out to. I can't see that as a failure. Everything has a shelf life.

Universal has a major problem with promotion. When Hip-O started, around 10,000 Supremes sets were pressed. Eventually that would be strunken to 7,500 then 5,000 and now 3,500. I don’t believe for one second they pressed less because there weren’t any people buying them. They never promoted them. Put an ad in Billboard or Rolling Stone, do what Andy & George on Midnight Johnny’s Nightflight and have someone do a little promo on Sirius’ Soultown and 60’s/70’s stations. I guarantee you if they would print 10,000 copies today of Supremes A’ Go-Go and if given the proper promotion they would sell out of all 10,000 copies.

Now Hip-O made some release duds. The Rare Earth collection, Pops We Love You, etc. Who was asking for those? For years people have been dying for a Blinky collection, Vandellas 1968 Copa show, etc and those wishes have gone unanswered.

Quinn
12-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Yes,in the grand scheme of things it was a failed investment.You had several compartments that the music was available through, MotownSelect,ChessSelect,Soul,Pop,Etc,.It seemed that the only titles that really turned a profit were the ones that weren't heavy on the wallet.The supremes and Diana Ross releases for example had an asking price of $20-$40 and sold well.Compare that to The Motown Singles boxes that had an $80.00-$120.00 asking price and maybe one[[1966)selling out.There was healthy inventory on everything else and that's just one compartment.The James Brown collections didn't really sell out among many other things that were still available when it went defunct.They over pressed on most of those titles and went by assumption as opposed to demand.You have a market and you cater to IT.Bean counters have to understand these things.I can imagine how much inventory they destroyed or is still sitting in their warehouses.Just because you don't get great results right away doesn't mean you quit at the first sign of danger.You keep investing and hope for the best.It was a wonderful place to shop when it was around for some, but the numbers weren't adding up consistently so it's gone.That's my view point.

mowsville
12-12-2017, 05:25 PM
I ordered via paypal from the U.K and never got confirmation of my order...the money has been taken out of my account but ive been reading that people are saying they dont ship to the U.K...ive never done anything like this before so im a bit worried that im not going to receive it now..i wished i hadnt bothered to be honest ...i already have the download on disc so ive basically paid not short of £80 to get this and now im not even sure im going to get it..im getting pretty pissed off with whats going on with Motown releases recently...can anyone shed any light on wether i will get my copy or not...and if not how i would get my money back?

lakedistrictlad1
12-13-2017, 04:04 PM
Mowsville, I'm in the U.K and didn't get a confirmation email either.
We can only hope that we have some guarantee through PayPal, and if the goods aren't delivered we can request a refund.

mowsville
12-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Thanks Lakedistrict..i guess we can only wait and see.

booty
12-14-2017, 04:20 AM
I too am in the UK and never got an email confirmation, but I do have an on-line account with them and have an order number confirmation showing on my log-in page.

jboy88
12-15-2017, 12:17 PM
Good news, it’s no longer listed as sold out! I went and snagged my copy before it happens for real. I’d rather pay 50 today than put a second mortgage on my house later

superlou
12-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know if this shipped today? I haven't received any kind of notification. Fingers crossed.

woodward
12-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know if this shipped today? I haven't received any kind of notification. Fingers crossed.

There is absolutely no way to know whether it was shipped today. There is absolutely no way to even contact them via phone. It sometimes makes me think this is a scam.
I never saw such backward treatment of customers as they have put forth on this issue.

Hopefully if ANYONE receives their they will put a posting on this thread and let the world know.

caliluv
12-15-2017, 07:07 PM
There is absolutely no way to know whether it was shipped today. There is absolutely no way to even contact them via phone. It sometimes makes me think this is a scam.
I never saw such backward treatment of customers as they have put forth on this issue.

Hopefully if ANYONE receives their they will put a posting on this thread and let the world know.

I'm anxiously waiting myself!

booty
12-16-2017, 01:55 AM

My order is now showing as "Logistics" [[from pre-ordered)

danman869
12-18-2017, 10:22 PM
I just received an e-mail stating that my order of "Motown Unreleased: 1966" shipped via DHL. Hopefully I have it by the end of the week!

superlou
12-18-2017, 11:00 PM
I also received an email saying my order has shipped.

longtimefan
12-18-2017, 11:14 PM
I just received an e-mail stating that my order of "Motown Unreleased: 1966" shipped via DHL. Hopefully I have it by the end of the week!

What is DHL?

robb_k
12-18-2017, 11:17 PM
What is DHL?
It is an international package shipping company, similar to Federal Express.

Jaap
12-19-2017, 04:44 AM
DHL has been using "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" as their theme song for years, a mash-up between the Marvin-Tammi and Diana versions. Motown re-released Diana's "Ain't No Mountain High" as 12 inch in the 1980s in the UK with a reference to DHL on the cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NyyT0Yz9J4

woodward
12-19-2017, 11:53 AM
I too have received an email stating my order has been shipped by DHL. My opinion of DHL is that it is not as fast as UPS. According to the tracking that I did it arrived 12/18 at their shipping parner facility in Melrose Park, Illinois. At this point and based upon past DHL track records, I do not expect until after Christmas. Glad it wasn't a Christmas gift I wanted to give to someone.

danman869
12-19-2017, 12:22 PM
Yeah, DHL isn’t as fast as UPS or FedEx. They often pair up with the US Postal Service where DHL does the long distance shipping and then the USPS takes it from a regional point and delivers locally. It doesn’t speed things up—it usually adds a day or so. My feeling is if you want things delivered promptly/quickly, you go with UPS or FedEx. Unfortunately, we weren’t offered delivery options on this.

Shipping on a Monday from the Midwest US [[tracking indicated “Central Standard Time”), I’d think it would be to California by Friday. Instead, with DHL, I’ll hope for delivery by next week sometime.

danman869
12-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Yeah, DHL isn’t as fast as UPS or FedEx. They often pair up with the US Postal Service where DHL does the long distance shipping and then the USPS takes it from a regional point and delivers locally. It doesn’t speed things up—it usually adds a day or so. My feeling is if you want things delivered promptly/quickly, you go with UPS or FedEx. Unfortunately, we weren’t offered delivery options on this.

Shipping on a Monday from the Midwest US [[tracking indicated “Central Standard Time”), I’d think it would be to California by Friday. Instead, with DHL, I’ll hope for delivery by next week sometime.

Checking delivery status again this morning, it has updated to say that mine will deliver on Saturday, 12/23. Surprise, surprise. :D

jack020
12-20-2017, 12:45 PM
https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/Motown-Unreleased-1966/5QYK0000000?utm_campaign=21984857&utm_content=https%3A%2F%2FClassicMotown.lnk.to%2FM otownUnreleased1966uDEm&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ExactTarget

For sale in Europe also!:)
Just put in my order.

mowsville
12-20-2017, 03:00 PM
Great... So I spend nearly £55 trying to get a copy from U.S.A that I don't even know if I'm going to get because it's a limited edition [[ where I've got to wait 90 days for a refund if I don't receive it) when I could have got it cheaper if I had waited [[ not knowing if it would have sold out in the U.S.A) now I can't afford to order another copy not knowing if I will receive it already.. I feel totally and utterly ripped off.. I've had it.. I've supported these releases all the way through.. Well now they can kiss my arse if this is how us fans get treated.

grapevine
12-21-2017, 06:51 AM
Anyone with queries of their order can go to their Help page, click on 'Any other questions', and tell them your query ...I just have...! :)

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/help/

mowsville
12-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Thanks grapevine but we shouldnt have to go all through this rubbish to purchase a frickin cd...they are quick enough to take our money tho.

luckyluckyme
12-21-2017, 12:47 PM
I was pleasantly surprised that Christmas arrived -Motown Unreleased 1966 came today. I had ordered it on Dec. 1 using PayPal but never received confirmation of any kind. My email inquiry wielded the same form letter others got.
I haven't listened to it yet. But after opening it, offer one piece of advice. The 2 top cd's sit elevated over the bottom in a fashion such that the bottom 2 cds are covered partially by the top and must not only be gently pried from the spindle but tilted under the upper covering in order to remove.
Great essay by Keith and a few new photos & several from TCMSC, other reissues, and those we've seen many times over.

If weren't so busy today, I'd sit down & listen to it straight through now. Perhaps I can fit in a few bits & pieces.

luckyluckyme
12-21-2017, 05:18 PM
I find this humorous, but those who have not yet received their set will probably not.
I received a response to my e-mail inquiry of Dec 17 from FH Customer Care [[after my set had been in my possession for about a couple of hours) asking in which online store I made my purchase, as well my order number. After these are provided, they will look into it...
Once again the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Universal.
For those awaiting their copy, it hope it arrives very soon- especially those who, like me, never received a confirmation from Universal or FH.

luckyluckyme
12-21-2017, 05:43 PM
Question for Keith Hughes or associates:

On cd 1 track 9- 'That'll Be the Day' , when Kim comes in for her first verse "When it's easy and smart to pick the rose", at :47, there are 2 voices heard singing the word 'smart'. It sounds male- whose voice is it? David Ruffin? Someone else?
And am I hearing Kim joining in the background with the male singers from time to time- or is it just my imagination?

kenneth
12-21-2017, 05:50 PM
I got a notice that my product had shipped and yes, it looks like DHL is indicating it is handing it off to the USPS somewhere in Illinois. I don't see an anticipated delivery date but maybe there will be one after the hand off to USPS.

I see on the ad from the UME web site it now shows a release date of January 19, 2018!

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/Motown-Unreleased-1966/5QYK0000000

I wonder, is this already a 2nd pressing? That'd be good news!

luckyluckyme
12-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Another question for Keith Hughes & associates:
At DFTMC, "Keep Away" recorded in 1966 by Little Lisa is listed as being published by Jobete on 27- May-70.
Why the delay? Does this indicate that there is still another version by some other artist[[s) that was recorded in 1970 that is yet to be heard by the general public?

luckyluckyme
12-21-2017, 08:49 PM
A question for Keith Hughes and associates or anyone who receives their copy:

Are the photos of the Spinners [[pg. 27) and the Underdogs [[pg. 28) not exactly right [[too light) in your booklet? It appears to be a printing error that was not caught. Anyone? If there is an additional pressing, will this be corrected & will corrected copies be sent to those who already purchased the set?

Now that I'm finding a little time to listen to the set, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. And it's good to have the mono mixes of Brenda's tracks to contrast with the stereo on her Spellbound Collection.
Great thanks to all involved in getting this available to us despite the [[universal) glitches.

keith_hughes
12-22-2017, 02:56 PM
I'll try and answer the questions in due course, but ... it's Christmas! My big goal is to try and publish the 1967 track list before The Day - on the appropriate thread, of course! Tomorrow, I hope.

Meantime, a question FROM me: luckyluckyme, are you in the UK? Has anyone in the UK received their copy of the 1966 box?

booty
12-22-2017, 03:18 PM
I'll try and answer the questions in due course, but ... it's Christmas! My big goal is to try and publish the 1967 track list before The Day - on the appropriate thread, of course! Tomorrow, I hope.

Meantime, a question FROM me: luckyluckyme, are you in the UK? Has anyone in the UK received their copy of the 1966 box?

Not heard anything on this Keith. No mailings, no responses to my emails. All I have is an entry on my account page which shows the box set as "Logistics", whatever that means!

mowsville
12-22-2017, 04:23 PM
Hi Keith I'm from the UK and I haven't received my copy or any any form of notice that I will.

luckyluckyme
12-22-2017, 04:42 PM
I

No, Keith I'm from Pennsylvania, U.S.A.. The shipping address label shows the package as coming from Pleasant Prairie. WI. but I can't determine the date it was sent anywhere on the packaging.

Quinn
12-22-2017, 05:00 PM
Just listened to my copy in it's entirety and I'm impressed.I thoroughly enjoyed Keith Hughes's essay which revealed over 600 tracks were recorded in 1966.It made me want to listen to the digital rundown reels these tracks were extracted from.I believe him and Harry could've gone past 80,but that's just me.I have to give ITunes credit too because their files aren't that inferior compared to the lossless content. Overall i'm happy though. Ready for 1967.

lakedistrictlad1
12-22-2017, 05:40 PM
Hi Keith I'm from the UK and I haven't received my copy or any any form of notice that I will.

I contacted Udiscover and left a message as to the state of my order by giving them my PayPal payment details.
Guess what?
I haven't had a reply.
Evidently this is what happens when a company just gets too big!

keith_hughes
12-22-2017, 06:07 PM
I haven't even had a complimentary copy, which as co-producer I kind of, uh, thought they might send me. I ordered one for a friend through PayPal, and have heard nothing. I'm only saying this in case you think I'm part of the conspiracy!

But I'm glad to hear there ARE copies, and that the luckylucky ones are enjoying them.

luckyluckyme
12-22-2017, 06:44 PM
I haven't even had a complimentary copy, which as co-producer I kind of, uh, thought they might send me. I ordered one for a friend through PayPal, and have heard nothing. I'm only saying this in case you think I'm part of the conspiracy!

But I'm glad to hear there ARE copies, and that the luckylucky ones are enjoying them.

Keith,

I hope your luck changes really soon. I know you'll enjoy the set as the few of us who have received it already
do.

Boy does that feel odd typing this to someone who had such a great hand in this but does not even have his own copy.

mowsville
12-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Lakedistriclad ive contacted them too and heard nothing back at all.

caliluv
12-23-2017, 02:57 AM
Surprised mine arrived today [[Friday)

kenneth
12-23-2017, 11:28 AM

Well, that's great! Don't even get the producer a few complimentary copies!

Guys, try and be a little patient. I don't have my copy yet either, but I don't think Keith should be expected to deal with all our anxiety about when our copies will arrive.

Of course, the UK orders seem to be especially difficult for those folks to track. But hang in there, I'm sure we'll all have our copies soon.

caliluv
12-23-2017, 06:34 PM
Keith,

I hope your luck changes really soon. I know you'll enjoy the set as the few of us who have received it already
do.

Boy does that feel odd typing this to someone who had such a great hand in this but does not even have his own copy.

Thank you Keith and all people involved that strive to bring us this music. I for one, very much appreciate it.

keith_hughes
12-23-2017, 06:48 PM
This release is a new way of releasing Motown material, and a few teething problems are to be expected. Hope that uDiscover have learned some lessons, and if more of the Unreleased series is to be issued in this way that the experience will be smoother for all concerned.

caliluv
12-23-2017, 09:58 PM
This release is a new way of releasing Motown material, and a few teething problems are to be expected. Hope that uDiscover have learned some lessons, and if more of the Unreleased series is to be issued in this way that the experience will be smoother for all concerned.

Thank you Keith and all people involved that strive to bring us this music. I for one, very much appreciate it.

booty
12-26-2017, 06:25 PM
Just received confirmation that my copy has shipped from the USA to the UK!!!

keith_hughes
12-26-2017, 07:40 PM
That's excellent news, Booty! I take it you ordered through Paypal. Haven't heard anything myself yet, but I will continue to hope, and will get back to the vexed question of the running order for "Motown Girls 3" tomorrow with renewed vigour.

booty
12-27-2017, 02:28 AM
Good to hear about MG3 Keith, and yes, paid via Paypal.

westgrandboulevard
12-27-2017, 06:30 AM
Confirmation email received at 2.15am this morning.

Motown Unreleased - 1966- box set, ordered on December 16th from UDiscover by PayPal, has been shipped to me in the UK, via DHL, and with tracking number shown.

mysterysinger
12-27-2017, 09:25 AM
Yippee I too have had an email from UDiscover that my CD order has shipped to the UK. Happy New Year hopefully.

kenneth
12-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Well, now after lecturing everyone not to complain, I am going to complain myself. For the past week, my order of Motown Unreleased 1966 shows as

On Its Way to USPSDecember 20, 2017 at 3:07 am
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

MELROSE PARK, IL 60160

Of course the Universal web site has no phone number to call to inquire after orders, only an email address. I sent an inquiry which I will be very surprised if anyone answers.

I don't see how the shipment could be sitting with DHL for a week and not handed over to USPS. It seems ludicrous.

I'd like to cancel my order and place it again, but I have no idea how to go about it. I hate to just wait because it looks like there's no recourse. Of course, it's possible the set could sell out while my order gets lost somewhere in transit also.

Keith, is there anything you can do here to help?

[[Signed) the Hypocrite [[!)

thommg
12-27-2017, 05:34 PM
Kenneth, I don't know if they would let you cancel it at this point. I had a few things that had this for over a week. It usually means they have packaged it and affixed the postage-paid label but have not yet brought it to the post office for shipping. And, of course, I have had one item that said that for a couple of weeks - even after it was delivered to me! I hope you receive it soon - or at least get notification that it is further on its way.

longtimefan
12-27-2017, 06:07 PM
That's excellent news, Booty! I take it you ordered through Paypal. Haven't heard anything myself yet, but I will continue to hope, and will get back to the vexed question of the running order for "Motown Girls 3" tomorrow with renewed vigour.

Duh, have I missed something? “Motown Girls 3???” When is this coming?

And most importantly, thanks be to Keith Hughes for his numerous and sincere efforts on behalf of Motown fans! He deserves a raise!!!

kenneth
12-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Kenneth, I don't know if they would let you cancel it at this point. I had a few things that had this for over a week. It usually means they have packaged it and affixed the postage-paid label but have not yet brought it to the post office for shipping. And, of course, I have had one item that said that for a couple of weeks - even after it was delivered to me! I hope you receive it soon - or at least get notification that it is further on its way.

Thanks @thommg, I guess that's some assurance. Looks like a pretty inefficient system. And they wonder why Amazon dominates online purchasing the way it does. At least with Amazon you almost always know where your stuff is!

keith_hughes
12-27-2017, 07:28 PM
Kenneth, there's not a thing I can do, I'm sorry to say. I don't have ANY influence in that area, my work on Universal projects ends when the product goes to the "vendors" [[in this case, uDiscover).

WestGrand, MysterySinger: VERY glad to hear the box is finally shipping to the UK. I got my confirmation today, and am looking forward to listening again - I've forgotten half the stuff that's on it!

longtimefan, I HOPE Girls 3 will be released in March. Mixing completed, and the essay notes are, er, nearly finished!

kenneth
12-27-2017, 07:32 PM
Well thanks anyway Keith.

luckyluckyme
12-27-2017, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=kenneth;432378] For the past week, my order of Motown Unreleased 1966 shows as

On Its Way to USPS
[QUOTE]

Kenneth,

So sorry to hear of your dilemma.
As Universal has not responded to your inquiry, I wonder if you've reached out to your local post office and the major shipping/sorting facility that services it. Perhaps they can advise you whether it has/has not arrived there.
With all the mail delivered around Christmas, it could have easily gotten misplaced. Or we hear of so many stolen packages today. Perhaps it was delivered and someone pilferred it. Your post office might verify if it was/was not delivered to your address.
It would certainly be worth looking into.

kenneth
12-27-2017, 08:46 PM
@luckyluckyme, thanks. Yes, I'll look into that in another day or 2. I keep hoping it will move off the DHL dock or somehow just show up here!

Motown Eddie
12-29-2017, 07:10 AM
I received my copy of Motown Unreleased 1966 last Saturday [[I did get a confirmation e-mail from UMusic that my order had shipped on the 18th and would arrive on the 23rd). Thanks to Harry & Keith for putting together the collection [[and giving us a chance to get it on CD). However, it's a shame that many of the people that ordered the set are having problems getting it and I hope everything gets sorted out soon [[or that they get their money refunded if things aren't right).

Motown Eddie
12-29-2017, 07:15 AM
A question for Keith Hughes and associates or anyone who receives their copy:

Are the photos of the Spinners [[pg. 27) and the Underdogs [[pg. 28) not exactly right [[too light) in your booklet? It appears to be a printing error that was not caught. Anyone? If there is an additional pressing, will this be corrected & will corrected copies be sent to those who already purchased the set?

Now that I'm finding a little time to listen to the set, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. And it's good to have the mono mixes of Brenda's tracks to contrast with the stereo on her Spellbound Collection.
Great thanks to all involved in getting this available to us despite the [[universal) glitches.

I've noticed that the pictures of The Spinners & The Underdogs look 'faded out' compared to the other photos in the set. It's an unfortunate error, however since this collection is a 'limited edition' release, I doubt that UME will do anything to correct the pictures.

kenneth
12-29-2017, 05:39 PM
I'm glad to say my copy finally moved after 2 weeks of no change in status, and should be delivered if not tomorrow, then right after the holiday. All's well that ends well [[I think someone once said!).

mowsville
12-31-2017, 05:42 AM
I've still not heard a word...no reply to my email and no confirmation.

mowsville
01-02-2018, 05:58 AM
can somebody please help me..could somebody tell me how to contact universal directly as im not computer literate and i want to ask for a refund...ive looked on UDiscover and cant remember how i found how to contact them..ive looked through my emails and cant find my original email to them regarding my order of UR 1966..I have a job that pays minimum wage and i have to save hard to buy these releases and im so pissed off that my money has been taken yet ive heard nothing...thanks in advance.

longtimefan
01-02-2018, 06:47 PM
can somebody please help me..could somebody tell me how to contact universal directly as im not computer literate and i want to ask for a refund...ive looked on UDiscover and cant remember how i found how to contact them..ive looked through my emails and cant find my original email to them regarding my order of UR 1966..I have a job that pays minimum wage and i have to save hard to buy these releases and im so pissed off that my money has been taken yet ive heard nothing...thanks in advance.

1. I found this on their webpage.... contact.ume@umusic.com

2. Keith, I know your out of it at this point, but coukd you give this unlucky guy any leads?

Good luck, mowsville.

mowsville
01-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Thank you so much Longtimefan...your help is very much apprediated..i will try sending an email..i just hope im still able to get a copy.

lakedistrictlad1
01-04-2018, 03:19 AM
Has anyone here in the U.K had an email or the item delivered yet? I haven't. I've tried emailing but got no response.
On the back of this, I certainly won't be bothering with MU1967.

keith_hughes
01-04-2018, 05:46 AM
UDiscover emailed me 27 Dec to say my order had shipped, and I live in the UK. I think the postage I paid was $5.50, so I shouldn't be surprised if it was travelling by sea: their email just said "Shipping Method: Standard Mail - Fixed". Not "Air Mail".

mr soul
01-04-2018, 08:12 AM
My order said it's not released in the UK until 19th January 2018.

jbpintus
01-04-2018, 10:42 AM
I ordered the set twice.
On December 1st I ordered two copies and a third one as a separate order on December 3rd through umusic.
I’m in France and got the parcel with the two copies ordered first on December 1st this morning!
I had paid with PayPal so it could be shipped to France.
I’m awaiting the second parcel that should then arrive in a couple of days.
JB

grapevine
01-09-2018, 03:14 PM
...I ordered mine ...and paid by paypal ...a month ago today here in the UK ...I received a confirmation email just after Christmas ...but ...as Diana would say ...I'm still waiting...!!

Grape :[[

lakedistrictlad1
01-09-2018, 03:49 PM
...I ordered mine ...and paid by paypal ...a month ago today here in the UK ...I received a confirmation email just after Christmas ...but ...as Diana would say ...I'm still waiting...!!

I contacted udiscover and have them my PayPal transaction details and asked them to track my purchase since I never got a confirmation email. The first response was to ask for my purchase order. I responded and said I didnt have a purchase order because I never got a confirmation email. And since then I've heard nothing back.
I've given up on it really. 😠😠😠

booty
01-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Mine was despatched on 16th December apparently, but still not received anything. The DHL tracking number shown on my despatch confirmation shows "not available" when I log into it!

MelodyMan
01-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Got my MOTOWN UNRELEASED 1966 yesterday. A friend of mine in California purchased it there and sent it to me [[arrived in 14 days). The box looks really good with all the nice and rare pictures although the inlet for the booklet is very very tight. I'm satisfied with it and hope that there will be more boxes of the "Unreleased"-series in the future. Many thanks to Keith and all the people who are involved in this projekt. 13880

MelodyMan
01-10-2018, 09:40 AM
...and another picture: 13881

thommg
01-10-2018, 12:18 PM
I am glad that this set is available and seems to be selling well.

That said, if the cd set comes out at the same time as the downloads, or shortly thereafter, I will buy the cd sets. If the cd set comes out a year after I buy the downloads, then I won't. I'm am tired of buying things twice because someone decided they should finally put out the cd version.

Calv1971
01-10-2018, 03:00 PM
I am from the UK and this is the history of my order, hopefully it will help anyone who still hasn't heard anything.

4th Dec - Ordered the set online, just got a Paypal receipt with an invoice ID Ref. on it.
21st Dec -E-mailed help@fhcustomercare.com which was on Paypal receipt.
27th Dec - Received from Udiscovermusicus, shipping & confirmation details.
28th Dec - Received from FH Customer care a reply with DHL Tracking Number.
30th Dec - arrived at Heathrow and has been in Customs Clearance since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snakepit
01-10-2018, 03:26 PM
I bought the mp3 download, and I wouldn't mind this CD set.
However I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole from any of the sites mentioned on here.
IF I see a second hand copy on Amazon or similar, I might be interested.
What a cock- up from whoever released this set 😠

lakedistrictlad1
01-10-2018, 04:41 PM
30th Dec - arrived at Heathrow and has been in Customs Clearance since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I received an email with tracking details today. My copy has been stuck with customs at Heathrow since 30th also.
So you are not alone!

mysterysinger
01-10-2018, 05:40 PM
I don't know for sure, but I expect that my order will be with the others at Heathrow. It doesn't sound great because if there are further customs charges to pay they are usually extortionate. How nice!

grapevine
01-11-2018, 07:44 AM
Today I received a 'How did we do' email from uDiscover Music asking me to rate their customer service ...here's my reply...

"...I placed an order for the Motown Unreleased 1966 CD Boxset and paid for my order by paypal on 9th December but received no confirmation email

...on 21st December I contacted you to see what was happening and got no reply

...on 27th December I received an automatic confirmation email of my order with a dhl tracking number that dhl did not recognise

...on 3rd January I received an email from 'Ryan' saying he could not find my order

...on 10th January I received an email from 'Katie' saying my query has been solved ...with a tracking no from UPS that says my order has been shipped and delivered...!!!

My order has not been delivered and am I am still waiting to receive the Motown Unreleased 1966 CD Boxset"

...I wish I'd never started in the first place....!!!!

booty
01-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Ha, that is where my set has been since 30th December. As soon as I saw that DHL were the carrier I thought, great import duties to pay. The thing is, my experience with them is that they not only demand the import duties but also want an extortionate amount for providing this service.

booty
01-11-2018, 01:07 PM
Just had a response back from DHL regarding this;

Thank you for contacting DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce regarding the delivery of your shipment.

The latest status of your shipment is: Consignee contacted for payment on December 30, 2017. The UK Custom Clearance Limited [[CCL) will send a letter or an e-mail outlining the charges imposed with the instruction how to pay.

Kindly contact UK Custom Clearance Limited [[CCL) immediately at 0208 231 0900 and provide the reference number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx to get further assistance.

Once the payment has been received by the customs, it will be handed over to Yodel within 2-3 business days for final delivery.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

I think this might be due to the fact that I was unable to include a UK phone number when ordering.

mysterysinger
01-11-2018, 04:35 PM
And yet we were forced to pay taxes to the USA when ordering the set from the UK - not sure how that works but clearly makes no difference [[in fact as it increases the purchase price it may increase the amount of customs due in the UK). Rip off all round. Might be able to recoup something by sending it back for a refund and re-ordering the UK release - or just give up on it all together.

lakedistrictlad1
01-12-2018, 05:37 AM
I've just phoned UK Custom Clearance and told I should have had a letter to say there was import tax to pay. I never got the letter - hence the delay.
I've just had the letter emailed. For all those in the same situation..it's £17.14 folks!
So if any of you are in the same boat - DHL is not the place to contact. Phone Customs on 0208 231 0900 and give them the 19 digit ref number which starts with 'GM' - or if you don't have that, just give your name and address.

Lesson learned. Don't buy from Udiscover in the U.S again!

lakedistrictlad1
01-12-2018, 05:46 AM
++IMPORTANT NOTE +++

For any of you who have their item in customs since 30th December - I've just read on my tax payment request letter...

'Please be advised that payment should be made by Sunday 14th of January 2018 as your goods can only be held in our Customs
Bonded area for 14 days, thereafter we have to either return to sender or pass for destruction'

So don't delay in paying up!

Calv1971
01-12-2018, 06:18 AM
Dear LakeDistrictLad
Many thanks for supplying that reallly useful and helpful information, l have just rung the Customs, it was quick and easy to get through to someone, payment was made over the phone via card and now my parcel has been passed onto the delivery company. Thank goodness you mentioned the 14 day limit! Thanks again for your help.

mysterysinger
01-12-2018, 07:02 AM
I have been able to do the same. Having paid £51.15 [[$69.65) on 1st December, I've just had to pay a further £17.14 making a total of £68.29 for this CD set. I did have a GM number which helped.

I was told that letters were sent out on 30th December 2017 advising us what to do. I received nothing - no phone call, no email, no letter. Such a mess.

I can confirm that the Customs transaction was quick and painless and that the guy I spoke to [[a Tony Green) was very helpful indeed. No apologies though. It's only thanks to the posters above that I've known anything - THANK YOU. That's the real value of this Forum.

So next week, I should receive the set and I hope the trials have been worth it. I've never downloaded it so most of it will be new [[except Brenda Holloway). Much prefer a physical product though my patience has been severely tested with this lot.

jack020
01-12-2018, 07:12 AM
Lets hope an order made through the European site of the uDiscover is going to be less of a problem and without importtaxes.
BTW; the site now says:
Release Date 19 January 2018

Sorry Sold Out

144man
01-12-2018, 07:44 AM
What a palaver! Although I would have liked the set, I am so glad I resisted the temptation.

grapevine
01-12-2018, 07:57 AM
++IMPORTANT NOTE +++

For any of you who have their item in customs since 30th December - I've just read on my tax payment request letter...

'Please be advised that payment should be made by Sunday 14th of January 2018 as your goods can only be held in our Customs
Bonded area for 14 days, thereafter we have to either return to sender or pass for destruction'

So don't delay in paying up!

...thank you lakedistrictlad...I've just paid up ...making this 4 CD set cost me a total of £71.06 / $96.88 ...this is extortionate ...never again...!!

booty
01-12-2018, 01:09 PM
I've just phoned UK Custom Clearance and told I should have had a letter to say there was import tax to pay. I never got the letter - hence the delay.
I've just had the letter emailed. For all those in the same situation..it's £17.14 folks!
So if any of you are in the same boat - DHL is not the place to contact. Phone Customs on 0208 231 0900 and give them the 19 digit ref number which starts with 'GM' - or if you don't have that, just give your name and address.

Lesson learned. Don't buy from Udiscover in the U.S again!

It is not Customs collecting this, it is the authorised clearance agent of DHL Global Mail US in the UK - Custom clearance Ltd. What they fail to inform you is that the £17.14 includes a handling charge payable to them as well as import duty!!!

caliluv
01-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Wow! I've received my copy and have been enjoying it. I just hate to hear of all the problems people have been having receiving the product. I was reading a thread about the Marvin Gaye and the Diana Ross Complete Albums posted a while back and people were having pretty much the same problems. Because of these problems it's going to be pretty hard for me to order from Uversal again. It seems they aren't interested in keeping return customers which is unfortunate because it's no telling what might be released in the future.

mowsville
01-12-2018, 06:41 PM
So all in all with what i paid for the UR 1966 download i have spent nearly £100 on this set..thats if i can get in touch with customs in time..if i cant then i dont know...will i get my money back?....NEVER EVER AGAIN...and they wonder why we support the bootlegs...ONE HUNDRED POUNDS?????? ...THATS WHY.

keith_hughes
01-13-2018, 07:30 AM
I just went through the Customs Clearance procedure, the guy was very helpful, I just read him my GM number, and my debit card details, and he said the order would be with me by Tuesday.

He knew all about this "problem shipment", had dealt with many other inquiries about it. [[Means it must be selling well, which is something!) It seems a batch of letters [[including mine) had gone astray: it had been reported to management, and an investigation was underway. He said there was no question of people not being able to get their copies if they don't pay up by tomorrow. CC would wait for a week, then send out a batch of reminder letters to those whose purchases they were still holding.

mysterysinger
01-13-2018, 08:01 AM
Guys having rung up and paid my £17.14 release fee yesterday [[Friday 12th) - my Motown Unreleased set arrived today [[Saturday 13th). So I am now the proud possessor of this CD set and it looks great - something to play so I'm pleased.

That's a quick turn around at the end and, yes I'm poorer and have maybe a little less hair than when I ordered it [[through frustration lol) but so delighted to have it at last. Enjoying the pics [[and Brenda looks gorgeous). Looks like a good weekend in store.

lakedistrictlad1
01-13-2018, 11:12 AM
Mine arrived today. I've just got to the end of CD 4. There are so many fantastic tracks. And great to have the accompanying booklet. There's no comparison between downloads and a super box set like this.
Note to self..if Unreleased 1967 makes it to box set, WAIT for a U.K release.

grapevine
01-13-2018, 01:24 PM
...mine arrived this morning ...but without the usual wonder and excitement I usually enjoy by these types of releases ...due to the problems of purchase and costs incurred this past month...!

Grape :)

Calv1971
01-13-2018, 10:15 PM
Yes mine arrived the day after payment, just so thrilled to have it after all what we have gone through to get it, thanks again to Lakedistrictlad for the information given to enable to things moving.

lakedistrictlad1
01-14-2018, 07:59 AM
Yes mine arrived the day after payment, just so thrilled to have it after all what we have gone through to get it, thanks again to Lakedistrictlad for the information given to enable to things moving.

You are welcome Calv. Glad we got our goodies in the nick of time!
I'm loving so many tracks on this set. Cd 2 - tracks 1 to 10 is such a great listen.

soulstevie
01-14-2018, 06:42 PM
I was lucky and it didn`t take that long to get the box set. I live in Germany, ordered December 4th, no confirmation, just the one by paypal and the set arrived January 6th. I had to pay an additional 10 Euros for VAT. I haven´t had time to listen to anything but the booklet is fine and I like the photos. Hopefully in the near future I will be able to listen to the music. Just to be safe I ordered again when the set was available in Europe. I think about canceling that order.

jack020
01-15-2018, 05:51 AM
Don't cancel your second set, its value will soon rise!:)

mysterysinger
01-15-2018, 10:52 AM
How many of us have ordered 2 sets anyway?

kenneth
01-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Don't cancel your second set, its value will soon rise!:)

I think you are correct, and thank goodness I took Keith's advice and didn't wait to order mine from Amazon to save on shipping! In spite of all the hassles to get it delivered [[mine sat for about 3 weeks in limbo with DHL somewhere), look what it's selling for on Amazon US, although it is being sold by a private seller not Amazon itself.

https://www.amazon.com/Motown-Unreleased-1966-Limited-Box/dp/B078Z4LK3G/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1516028390&sr=1-5&keywords=motown+unreleased

mowsville
01-15-2018, 02:08 PM
Lakedistrictlad i cant thank you enough....you have been such a help...much appreciated.

booty
01-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Just received notification from UDM that they have refunded the $10 tax that they charged on this set.

jack020
01-31-2018, 07:07 AM
Received mine last week from the European site together with a tote bag.:)

Fourtopsbiggestfan
01-31-2018, 12:20 PM
Finally got mine yesterday. A CD was loose. And two songs skip on disc 3 The Spinners TEAHOUSE IN CHINATOWN and Marvin Gaye's I FOUND SOMETHING.

Hitsville_Jazza
03-05-2018, 06:08 AM
Classic Motown have got more stock on the Motown Unreleased 1966 CD box set! Just in case you missed out last time:

https://store.universalmusic.com/motownclassic/*/*/Motown-Unreleased-1966/5QYK0000000

SoulgusUK
12-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Classic Motown have got more stock on the Motown Unreleased 1966 CD box set! Just in case you missed out last time:

https://store.universalmusic.com/motownclassic/*/*/Motown-Unreleased-1966/5QYK0000000

It may be hard to believe, after all this time, but, this CD set is still available. I placed an order eight days ago and it arrived today. A great Christmas present !

thommg
12-04-2018, 03:21 PM
It may be hard to believe, after all this time, but, this CD set is still available. I placed an order eight days ago and it arrived today. A great Christmas present !

I would have preferred to have the physical set, but as I already paid for the digital, I can't spend the money for the physical. My money would be better spent on something else.