PDA

View Full Version : Motown Coasters

test

copley
11-25-2017, 04:05 PM
The other day I found these coasters on eBay so I ordered the 4 in the photo. They have arrived and are excellent quality. Highly recommended.

I also asked if he would make the following and he said yes :)

Marvelettes

In Full Bloom
The Marvelettes [[aka The Pink album)
Sophisticated Soul
The Return of The Marvelettes

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas

Black Magic
Ridin' High
Sugar 'n' Spice

Supremes

Supremes A-Go-Go
Supremes Sing Motown
Reflections

Gladys Knight & The Pips

Everybody Needs Love
Feelin' Bluesy
Silk N' Soul
Nitty Gritty
If I Were Your Woman

Temptations

Gettin' Ready
With a Lot o' Soul
Wish It Would Rain
Cloud Nine
Psychedelic Shack
Sky's The Limit
All Directions

Edwin Starr & Blinky

Just We Two

Four Tops

On Top
Reach Out
Still Waters Run Deep

Gloria Jones

Share My Love

Yvonne Fair

The Bitch Is Black

He is also doing a BLINKY one :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/statesidesoul4sale/m.html…

Motown Eddie
11-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Very nice find Copley. Wonder if the person who make those coasters would do a set featuring the various Motown Record labels [[Tamla, Gordy, Soul, etc.).

detmotownguy
11-25-2017, 04:56 PM
Very nice find Copley. Wonder if the person who make those coasters would do a set featuring the various Motown Record labels [[Tamla, Gordy, Soul, etc.).

That is an excellent idea!

arr&bee
11-25-2017, 08:25 PM
Wow,got to get some of these!!

marv2
11-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Those are nice and make great conversation pieces.

TomatoTom123
11-25-2017, 09:17 PM
OOoooh these are kinda cool... very nice, thanks copley :D

TomatoTom123
11-25-2017, 09:31 PM

Good news Eddie, looks like they do!!!!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/statesidesoul4sale/m.html…?isRefine=true&_pgn=35&_nkw=seller%3Astatesidesoul4sale&_sasl=statesidesoul4sale

helga
11-26-2017, 02:04 AM
Hmmm are the artists being compensated for these products, Copley? ;)

The coasters look nice!

Philles/Motown Gary
11-26-2017, 02:13 AM
I hate to burst your bubbles, Americans.
I tried to order them but to no avail. At checkout, it kept giving me the message that the seller does not ship to my address. Then, believe it or not, it instructed me to change my address! [[No, thanks! Been there and done enough of that last May!) Seriously, it looks like the UK dealer doesn't ship to the U.S. To be sure, I wrote to the seller. I'm currently waiting to hear back from him. I'll let you know what he says.

vgalindo
11-26-2017, 02:13 AM
Hmmm are the artists being compensated for these products, Copley? ;)

The coasters look nice!
I was about to say the same thing. No different than cd bootlegs if the artists are not being paid.

copley
11-26-2017, 04:41 AM
The images do not belong to the artists who would appear to be very happy. What the copyright would be I have no idea but all over the world there are mugs, t-shirts, key rings, smart phone covers with images of stars alive & dead. It's defo not the same as bootleg CD's but hey I'm only the messenger so don't shoot me!

Philles/Motown Gary
11-26-2017, 05:14 PM
I heard back from the seller of the drink coasters. He does indeed sell to Americans. The reason we can't place our orders directly from our cart during checkout is because his checkout is set up for free shipping within the UK only. To get around this, as per his instructions, contact him from his website. Tell him the artist's name[[s) and corresponding album title[[s) that you want for your coaster[[s). He will then aak you to send him your email address in two stages: 1) the first email will contain the first part of your email address [[the part before the @), and 2) @gmail.com or whatever yours happens to end with. [[It's for your protection.) He will then email your total bill owed. You can then go into PayPal and send him whatever you owe for your purchase. I did it. It was quick and easy.

copley
11-26-2017, 07:08 PM
I spoke to him this morning and ordered 32 made to order. He will do any album cover you request :)

TomatoTom123
11-26-2017, 07:54 PM
The images do not belong to the artists who would appear to be very happy. What the copyright would be I have no idea but all over the world there are mugs, t-shirts, key rings, smart phone covers with images of stars alive & dead. It's defo not the same as bootleg CD's but hey I'm only the messenger so don't shoot me!

Oh my, wonderful photos copley :D

Philles/Motown Gary
11-26-2017, 08:09 PM
I spoke to him this morning and ordered 32 made to order. He will do any album cover you request :)

That is really cool, Copley! I ordered a mere four. God knows, I would have loved more, but I'm trying to exercise some self-control with my spending habits. Not sure how long it will last, but....!

copley
11-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Well I have a plan for them. Will post a photo if it works out :)

TomatoTom123
11-26-2017, 08:49 PM
How did y'all place your orders? I want me some Motown memorabilia too...

[[Sorry, I mean how can you request albums and things of your choice?)

copley
11-26-2017, 09:00 PM
You may contact him via his eBay

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/statesidesoul4sale/

Philles/Motown Gary
11-26-2017, 09:06 PM
How did y'all place your orders? I want me some Motown memorabilia too...

[[Sorry, I mean how can you request albums and things of your choice?)

Tom, just go into the link that copley provided for the seller's website in the very first post for this thread. Once you're in there, look for the "Contact Seller" button. Click on it and -- Voila! -- you can start your eBay email conversation with the seller. That's how I did it, and I'm pretty sure it's how copley did it.

TomatoTom123
11-28-2017, 12:15 PM
Thanks guys, I emailed the seller and am arranging some bespoke Motown tings!!!!! :D