PDA

View Full Version : iSAAC HAYES ESTATE SALE

test

Kamasu_Jr
01-31-2011, 01:25 PM
PERSONAL ITEMS OWNED BY ISAAC HAYES WILL GO ON SALE to the public in MEMPHIS in February. Allegedly, one of the items scheduled to be sold is the treadmill Isaac was using when he collapsed and died. How and why his family allowed some of his personal belongings to get away is a topic of discussion locally.

marv2
01-31-2011, 01:33 PM
This is incredible and sad at the same time. Isaac Hayes was an ICON! I remember back in the 70's when he ran into trouble with the IRS and had to have a similar type sale or auction.

Kamasu_Jr
01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
It is indeed sad and tacky, especially that auctioners are advertising that treadmill as a draw. I was so angry, I misspelled estate. There have been other estate sales of dead celebrities' items and die-hard fans can get something a favorite once owned, but a lot of the items are personal things I can't see anyone other than family being interested in.

topdiva1
01-31-2011, 01:38 PM
It is indeed sad and tacky, especially that auctioners are advertising that treadmill as a draw. I was so angry, i misspelled estate.

Pointing that misspell out may save you from the "stirfry" spelling police queens. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marv2
01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
It is indeed sad and tacky, especially that auctioners are advertising that treadmill as a draw. I was so angry, i misspelled estate.

The treadmill he was using when he fell ill and died? Geez!

jobeterob
01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
If all of this is really true, someone from his estate in authority is flogging or has already flogged these items or there are creditors out there that have seized the equipment and are selling it.

The only thing missing from this is selling some guns.

Why is it that so many of these estates immediately descend into taudry tackiness and unpleasantness? Nothing is private and everything is paraded to the press including pleas for money for the funerals.

ralpht
01-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Gotcha covered, Kam.

tamla617
01-31-2011, 05:28 PM
i'm sure its up to the relatives or executor and not us.its water off a ducks back.dont go into one because of the treadmill.
if they hadnt turned graceland into a museum that would have been sold,[[fancy selling the house with the toilet that HE died in thread)

topdiva1
01-31-2011, 05:30 PM
It is indeed sad and tacky, especially that auctioners are advertising that treadmill as a draw. I was so angry, I misspelled estate. There have been other estate sales of dead celebrities' items and die-hard fans can get something a favorite once owned, but a lot of the items are personal things I can't see anyone other than family being interested in.

The die hard Issac Hayes fans will be out in force to scoop up something that was personal to Mr. Hayes. The benefactors and the creditors interest is not in objects - but cash. Remember - cash is king.

Kamasu_Jr
01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks Ralph, I don't mind some of Isaac's private items being sold to his fans and the public. But to advertise that alleged death treadmill... that got to me. It would have been the first thing I would have kept private or destroyed. Tamla, at least Elvis' toilet is kept private. I have a cousin who works at Graceland and he's never been in that bedroom.

tamla617
01-31-2011, 05:35 PM
topdiva..
exactly.we dont know what debts he left behind.and its none of our business [[unless its tax owing to irs,i dont count!)
a case of make it while you can.who can blame them?

tamla617
01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
kam
i'm not saying whats right or wrong,its non of our beeswax.the elvis thing was an illustration.i stood where nelson was shot,where charles 1st was taken to execution,where winston churchill was born and buried.its all remembering the dead.i wouldnt want the treadmill anyway,i'm on my own version!

topdiva1
01-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Death can sometimes be profitable for those that remain behind. Take the Jackson's for one. If some of MJ'S things went on the block - like Jackie Kennedy's it would result in a bidding war.

Kamasu_Jr
01-31-2011, 05:56 PM
True. But would you want Michael Jackson's death bed?

topdiva1
01-31-2011, 05:58 PM
True. But would you want Michael Jackson's death bed?

Ah, but those that would.