PDA

View Full Version : An album for Beauty Is Only Skin Deep?

test

TomatoTom123
11-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Hi all

Been trying to collect Tempts' unreleased tracks and singles and add them to albums... and then I remembered "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep"... and thought, "What album should it go in!?"

The song was released as a single in August of 1966, and appeared on the group's Greatest Hits LP. It came in between regular studio albums Gettin' Ready and With A Lot O' Soul.

Now I'm thinking it would fit more on Gettin' Ready but I don't know! What do you think? :)

thomas96
11-18-2017, 09:59 PM
With A Lot O Soul is perfect as is.

honest man
11-19-2017, 05:52 AM
Hi all

Been trying to collect Tempts' unreleased tracks and singles and add them to albums... and then I remembered "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep"... and thought, "What album should it go in!?"

The song was released as a single in August of 1966, and appeared on the group's Greatest Hits LP. It came in between regular studio albums Gettin' Ready and With A Lot O' Soul.

Now I'm thinking it would fit more on Gettin' Ready but I don't know! What do you think? :)Tom don't forget LULLABY OF LOVE unreleased on Gold cd i think,cause it's a one off song tends to get overlooked when compiling vaulted cdr,just a nod mate,cheers,

RanRan79
11-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Tom I would add "Beauty" to "Gettin Ready".

TomatoTom123
11-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Tom don't forget LULLABY OF LOVE unreleased on Gold cd i think,cause it's a one off song tends to get overlooked when compiling vaulted cdr,just a nod mate,cheers,

Hey thanks hman! I probably would have forgot about that one!!! I found it on The Tempts' 1995 Anthology, and DFTMC says it was recorded in March 1967 so I shall add it to With A Lot O' Soul ;)

TomatoTom123
11-19-2017, 06:33 PM
Tom I would add "Beauty" to "Gettin Ready".

Yea I reckon that's the best fit RanRan :)

arr&bee
11-21-2017, 04:49 PM
It's really strange tomato tom,because when[gettin ready was recorded[beauty's only skin deep]hadn't been recorded,so it naturally should've been on[with alot of soul]but it wasn't.

TomatoTom123
11-21-2017, 07:34 PM
It's really strange tomato tom,because when[gettin ready was recorded[beauty's only skin deep]hadn't been recorded,so it naturally should've been on[with alot of soul]but it wasn't.

Yes very true arr&bee... it came after Gettin' Ready so it should have been on With A Lot O’ Soul...! I wonder why it wasn't... maybe Motown wanted to sell the Greatest Hits LP and needed a new hit on it? :)

[[A bit like "Ball Of Confusion" about four years later!)

blackguy69
11-21-2017, 07:52 PM
If you ever notice almost every Motown act has put a new single on their greatest hits

blackguy69
11-21-2017, 07:53 PM
In addition to Beauty, Ball of Confusion was on the greatest hits vol 2