PDA

View Full Version : GE Is No Longer Making Light Bulbs!

test

marv2
11-14-2017, 07:27 PM
My have things changed. This from my old company:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ge-is-breaking-up-with-the-light-bulb-its-most-iconic-accomplishment/ar-BBEV8Eq?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Doug-Morgan
11-14-2017, 07:36 PM
They are going to stop railway locomotive production, too. I wonder if they're going to sell the two divisions off.

marv2
11-14-2017, 09:20 PM
They are going to stop railway locomotive production, too. I wonder if they're going to sell the two divisions off.

I know that they are selling the Lighting Division off. It is their oldest business by the way.

edafan
11-14-2017, 09:52 PM
I'm from Lynn MA, which had 2 G E plants. I am the only member of my family who did not work in the G E. I worked on the G E , in college I worked for a roofing company, which did the G E.
Marv, does this mean you and I are now in the dark???

edafan

marv2
11-15-2017, 01:10 AM
I'm from Lynn MA, which had 2 G E plants. I am the only member of my family who did not work in the G E. I worked on the G E , in college I worked for a roofing company, which did the G E.
Marv, does this mean you and I are now in the dark???

edafan

This is a small World. I worked for GE Lighting and lived in Boston. When I first moved to Massachusetts, all of my belongings were in storage up in Lynn, MA. We'll never be in the dark Edafan! Don't you know we are the light! LOL!

arr&bee
11-17-2017, 06:28 PM
What???no more[ge]lightbulbs]yes i know that change is a part of life but damn...what next??????

marv2
11-18-2017, 01:37 PM
What???no more[ge]lightbulbs]yes i know that change is a part of life but damn...what next??????

I shutter to think................

arr&bee
11-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Hey marv,maybe we're just getting old[sigh]because it seems that with each passing day things that we've charished in our youth are becoming passe,that's depressing i need a drink..a strong one[1,000%]no chaser!!!

marv2
11-20-2017, 08:55 PM
Hey marv,maybe we're just getting old[sigh]because it seems that with each passing day things that we've charished in our youth are becoming passe,that's depressing i need a drink..a strong one[1,000%]no chaser!!!

I know that's right! Pour me one while you're at it pal......

soulster
12-04-2017, 02:55 PM
I use LED light bulbs anyway. Saves tons of money on electric bills, and I can keep them on 24/7.