PDA

View Full Version : New Ella Fitzgerald Live Disc Coming!

test

PeaceNHarmony
11-09-2017, 04:58 PM
https://theseconddisc.com/2017/11/a-fine-romance-verve-to-release-unheard-ella-fitzgerald-live-gig/

sansradio
11-09-2017, 05:14 PM
This is exciting! Here I was thinking we'd heard all there was to hear from La Fitz, and now this! Thanks for sharing.

PeaceNHarmony
11-09-2017, 07:15 PM
This is exciting! Here I was thinking we'd heard all there was to hear from La Fitz, and now this! Thanks for sharing.
Right?! Did you score a copy of the multi-night live set a few years ago before it went out of print? I missed it. This new one has a great setlist -

sansradio
11-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Right?! Did you score a copy of the multi-night live set a few years ago before it went out of print? I missed it. This new one has a great setlist -

Nope, missed it as well. Hopefully it's downloadable.

thanxal
11-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Wow! This is great news! Thanks for sharing.

thanxal
12-12-2017, 08:36 PM
I've received. I've listened. And listened again. And again. About 20 times at this writing.

As usual, anything Ella from this point in time is unreal. Her vocals are unparalleled. The band is sharp: not overbearing, not understated. This is crisp, clear, 100% pure Ella. Cool retro album art. What a delight - Ella at Zardi's. Now if we could just get it on 180gram vinyl with that classic Verve label spinning!

thanxal
12-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Are you referring to Twelve Nights in Hollywood, or something else?

PeaceNHarmony
12-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Are you referring to Twelve Nights in Hollywood, or something else?
The 'one I missed' was, indeed, Twelve Nights -

PeaceNHarmony
12-12-2017, 09:33 PM
I've received. I've listened. And listened again. And again. About 20 times at this writing.

As usual, anything Ella from this point in time is unreal. Her vocals are unparalleled. The band is sharp: not overbearing, not understated. This is crisp, clear, 100% pure Ella. Cool retro album art. What a delight - Ella at Zardi's. Now if we could just get it on 180gram vinyl with that classic Verve label spinning!
So glad to hear you are loving it! I'll play mine this weekend - and the vinyl - RIGHT??