PDA

View Full Version : Would these have been given to paul?

test

arr&bee
11-09-2017, 04:51 PM
I've often wondered that had paul lived and stayed with the temps,would he have sung such songs as..isn't the night fantastic..i've got everything for christmas..firefly..snake in the grass,now of course the great[richard street]sang lead here and is great,but he did replace paul,so would he have sung those?

marv2
11-10-2017, 02:35 AM
I can easily hear/picture Paul singing "I Got Everything For Christmas". I think he would have done a great job on "Heavenly" also.

gman
11-15-2017, 12:21 PM
I didn't realize how much lead singing Paul did until I got a VHS copy of TCB....his For Once In My Life is one of my all time favorite Motown performances.

McMotown
11-15-2017, 02:58 PM
I can easily hear/picture Paul singing "I Got Everything For Christmas". I think he would have done a great job on "Heavenly" also.

as much as I love Paul and he did some fantastic leads, but it's only my opinion Marv no one could replace Richard on 'Heavenly' for me. How I wish Paul had been around to do his lead and then I could compare them.
Both absolutely fantastic singers though.

marv2
11-15-2017, 06:39 PM
as much as I love Paul and he did some fantastic leads, but it's only my opinion Marv no one could replace Richard on 'Heavenly' for me. How I wish Paul had been around to do his lead and then I could compare them.
Both absolutely fantastic singers though.

NO! McMotown. I did not mean that at all. Of course no one could replace Richard Street especially on that song or on "Hey Girl". I just meant that it would have sounded good too if Paul Williams sung it. Richard was a talent in his own right.

TomatoTom123
11-18-2017, 10:08 PM
This is an excellent question, arr&bee, but for me Paul and Richard are such different voices... Paul rough and heartfelt... Richard lighter... both brilliant though :)

Of course, if Paul had lived and stayed with The Tempts, things would have been different, and those songs might never have been written or something, Lol

arr&bee
11-20-2017, 01:02 PM
I agree with you[100%]tomato tom and i did think of that too,as you said it's possible that those song would not have been written,of course i have tried to hear paul on those songs,just as i have tried to hear david sing[cloud nine].

marv2
11-20-2017, 01:06 PM
I agree with you[100%]tomato tom and i did think of that too,as you said it's possible that those song would not have been written,of course i have tried to hear paul on those songs,just as i have tried to hear david sing[cloud nine].

Oh David would have knocked "Cloud Nine" out of the park!