PDA

View Full Version : Dave Hamilton; guitarist, vibes player and Jobete songwriter.

test

ady_croasdell
11-08-2017, 07:14 AM
I'm researching Dave's life and wondered if anyone had any extra Motown information.

So far I know he was an original Funk brother but left about 64 purportedly because he was a union man.

He played on;
Marvin Gaye – It Hurts me Too [[g)
Mary Wells – My Guy [[vb)
Marvin Gaye – Pride And Joy [[vb)
Marvin Gaye – You’re A Wondeful One [[vb)
Love Me All The Way [[vb)
Once Upon A Time [[vb) Marvin & Mary Wells
Heat Wave [[vb) Martha & The Vandellas
Stubborn Kind Of Fellow Marvin Gaye

And co-wrote usually with Clarence Paul;
Darling, You’re Wonderful / Pretty Little Baby Marvin Gaye
Steal Away Tonight Barbara McNair
I’ve Gotta Find Myself [[A True Love) The Miracles
Once Upon A Time Marvin & Mary Wells
Purple Snowflakes Marvin Gaye

As well as having his own Workshop Jazz LP.

Any further information would be very appreciated.

theboyfromxtown
11-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Someone recently queried his involvement in the writing of I Got To Find Myself A New Love but as I explained, if that is what the legals say, then so be it.

Have you identified the other version of that song?

ady_croasdell
11-09-2017, 05:58 AM
Someone recently queried his involvement in the writing of I Got To Find Myself A New Love but as I explained, if that is what the legals say, then so be it.

Have you identified the other version of that song?
Hi John,
I didn't know there was another version, presumably an unmarked acetate if its unknown? I'd love to hear it.

The song is definitely Dave's, we have the song registration from 8th July 1966. What's the other theory?

Ady

theboyfromxtown
11-09-2017, 06:46 AM
Hi John,
I didn't know there was another version, presumably an unmarked acetate if its unknown? I'd love to hear it.

The song is definitely Dave's, we have the song registration from 8th July 1966. What's the other theory?

Ady

Ady...check your inbox here