PDA

View Full Version : Supremes/Diana Ross Expanded Editions Amazon stock

test

bradsupremes
11-06-2017, 11:22 AM
With the recent release of The Ultimate Merry Christmas which is currently at #401 in CD sales on Amazon, I checked to see what the stock was for the rest of the expanded editions.

Meet The Supremes - 3 copies left
Where Did Our Love Go - Out of Stock
More Hits By The Supremes - 2 copies left [[selling for $33.39)
At The Copa - Out of Stock [[vendors selling new for $73)
I Hear A Symphony - Out of Stock
A' Go-Go - 2 copies left [[and that's the last of it!)
Supremes Lost & Found - Out of Stock
This Is The Story - Out of Stock [[selling used for $299)
The Final Sessions - 3 copies left [[selling for $73.66)
50th Anniversary Singles Collection - 1 copy left

Everything Is Everything - Out of Stock [[vendors selling new for $55.99)
Surrender - 4 copies left
Last Time I Saw Him - Out of Stock [[available thru vendors)
Diana Ross '76 - 3 copies left

Proof the ladies still sell!

thanxal
11-06-2017, 12:08 PM
The Last Time I Saw Him has also been sold out for years.

RanRan79
11-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Glad I got most of these. Of the expanded, the only one I missed out on was At the Copa. I also missed out on the Jean Terrell set, but luckily someone made me a copy [[although I would love to have a copy of the booklet).

What is this 50th Anniversary collection? Is it a must have for Supremes fans? Or another run of the mill compilation?

helga
11-06-2017, 03:29 PM
If it says, "2 copies left", it does not necessarily mean that the title is nearly sold out forever or even necessarily selling well [[as Amazon could have only ordered 100 pieces...hard to say). It just means that Amazon's stock of that title in their warehouse is getting low and they will usually order more from the supplier until the supplier has none left...then in that case, it means that the title is gone and out of print. There are a bunch that have been out of print for years, such as "This is the Story", "Last Time I Saw Him", "There's A Place For Us" and a few others that you have been listed above.

copley
11-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Amazon is not the only store! Here in the UK the likes of 'A Go-Go' is available on the High Street for £8!

thanxal
11-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Glad I got most of these. Of the expanded, the only one I missed out on was At the Copa. I also missed out on the Jean Terrell set, but luckily someone made me a copy [[although I would love to have a copy of the booklet).

What is this 50th Anniversary collection? Is it a must have for Supremes fans? Or another run of the mill compilation?

The 50th Anniversary Collection is all the Supremes/DRATS singles in Mono. At first I didn't think much of it, but the remastering of the mono versions of the singles is very well done and I'm glad I got it. I especially like the 50th Ann. Collection for Martha and the Vandellas. Lots of gems on that one!

Edit: for visual reference:

woodward
11-06-2017, 04:08 PM
The 50th Anniversary Collection is all the Supremes/DRATS singles in Mono. At first I didn't think much of it, but the remastering of the mono versions of the singles is very well done and I'm glad I got it. I especially like the 50th Ann. Collection for Martha and the Vandellas. Lots of gems on that one!

Edit: for visual reference:

I, too, like the Martha & the Vandellas 50th Anniversary Collection. To the best of my knowledge, there were only 3- 50th Anniversary sets released - Supremes, M&V, and Temptations. Does anyone know of any others that were released?

copley
11-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Four Tops
https://www.amazon.co.uk/50th-Anniversary-Singles-Collection-1964-1972/dp/B00AIFL7IG/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1509999660&sr=1-4&keywords=50th+Anniversary+Collectio

thanxal
11-06-2017, 05:12 PM
I, too, like the Martha & the Vandellas 50th Anniversary Collection. To the best of my knowledge, there were only 3- 50th Anniversary sets released - Supremes, M&V, and Temptations. Does anyone know of any others that were released?
There were four: Diana Ross and the Supremes; Martha and the Vandellas; The Temptations; The Four Tops.

RanRan79
11-06-2017, 05:59 PM

Thanks Thanxal! I'll think about adding the 50th Anniversaries to my collection.

vgalindo
11-06-2017, 07:18 PM
I have all 4 of the 50th Anniversary. Love them all. The booklets are great too.

greg jones
11-06-2017, 11:09 PM
Not Mentioned are the following Motown Select Expanded:

• Touch Me In The Morning/To The Baby Expanded --- 1 in stock
• The '70's Supremes In Japan --- out of stock
• Magnificent - The Complete Supremes/Four Tops Duets --- out of stock

Plus these regular remasters
• Joined Together - The Complete Supremes/Temptations duets - used only
• Diana Ross 1970 Expanded - available
• Diana Deluxe - used only
• To Love Again Deluxe
• Mahogany Soundtrack - used only
• Diana & Marvin
• The Boss - available [[needs further expansion)