11-05-2017, 10:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI58Y2_0jRc

marv2
11-05-2017, 10:42 PM
I really like her voice.

nysister
11-06-2017, 12:44 PM
I really like her voice.

I love the tone of her voice too, and I love her music. I just can't get into the electronic trap music that is so popular in R&B and Gospel right now.

Guy
11-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Interesting. She's a great talent. The song is OK. Does she have a new project coming?

sansradio
11-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Powerful video. And Lalah could sing the phone book. She hums better than most people sing! Thanks.

glencro
11-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Interesting. She's a great talent. The song is OK. Does she have a new project coming?

Yes, her new cd is also titled "Honestly". It was released around a week ago

marv2
11-06-2017, 08:21 PM
I love the tone of her voice too, and I love her music. I just can't get into the electronic trap music that is so popular in R&B and Gospel right now.

She gives off hints of Oleta Adams in her voice. Remember her?

nysister
11-07-2017, 11:56 AM
She gives off hints of Oleta Adams in her voice. Remember her?

marv2, Oleta frequently performs at BB Kings in NYC all the time, with her deep rich tone, vibrato self. I love that lady!

Guy
11-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Yes, her new cd is also titled "Honestly". It was released around a week ago

Thanks, I wasn't aware. I've seen Lalah live several times and she never disappoints in concert. Her recordings are not quite as consistent. Other than her collaboration with Joe Sample [[The Song Lives On) I can't think of a CD that has more than 2 or 3 songs that I like. And I can think of at least two of her CDs that I've bought and never listened to again after the first time.

I hope someone will share a review of the new CD if it's good.

glencro
11-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Thanks, I wasn't aware. I've seen Lalah live several times and she never disappoints in concert. Her recordings are not quite as consistent. Other than her collaboration with Joe Sample [[The Song Lives On) I can't think of a CD that has more than 2 or 3 songs that I like. And I can think of at least two of her CDs that I've bought and never listened to again after the first time.

I hope someone will share a review of the new CD if it's good.

I have to agree with you. She's great in concert but for the most part her recorded music has been lackluster. She's had 8 recordings including the one with Joe Sample. Her self titled solo debut was great though with production from Angela Winbush, Andre Fischer and Chuckii Booker. Her last cd which happened to be live and garnered her a grammy was also a very solid project. I haven't heard the new one yet but hopefully she will find the right producer for her incredible gift.

marv2
11-07-2017, 04:45 PM
marv2, Oleta frequently performs at BB Kings in NYC all the time, with her deep rich tone, vibrato self. I love that lady!

Oh that is great! I need to check her out. I think "Rhythm of Life" was my favorite record for 1990. Thanks Sister