blackguy69
11-04-2017, 02:38 PM
It ain't Diana lol. It's too fast

luke
11-04-2017, 02:41 PM
Yes. Too fast and seems messy.

marv2
11-04-2017, 02:46 PM
I think they sound good. Look how slim hot Helen was.....hot! LOL!

marv2
11-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Can you believe that "Getting Ready for Love" was released 40 years ago last month on October 16, 1977? Now that was a great song.

luke
11-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Yes and I love that album!

detmotownguy
11-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Yes and I love that album!

It was so easy to fall into Gettin Ready. For this one, Diane nailed it. One of her best, in the 70’s. But other than Three Defrees version of the Boss being too fast, I thought is was acceptable.

marv2
11-04-2017, 06:58 PM
It was so easy to fall into Gettin Ready. For this one, Diane nailed it. One of her best, in the 70’s. But other than Three Defrees version of the Boss being too fast, I thought is was acceptable.

It was her best song and album of the 70s. Possibly her best album period.

marv2
11-04-2017, 07:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywbUh0KjNPQ

luke
11-04-2017, 08:55 PM
I agree tho I loved a lot of the Boss too

gman
11-04-2017, 09:17 PM
I think they sound good. Look how slim hot Helen was.....hot! LOL!
They all looked good here....Valerie! whoosh! sad to admit...Lb. for Lb. I probably gained more in the same time from then till now than the 3 of them put together....and then some!

marv2
11-04-2017, 09:40 PM
They all looked good here....Valerie! whoosh! sad to admit...Lb. for Lb. I probably gained more in the same time from then till now than the 3 of them put together....and then some!

Shit happens! hehehehehehehe!

mysterysinger
11-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Love The Three Degrees - and I don't think that's too bad [[first time I've seen it). Very nice to see Sheila, Valerie and Helen together on that. The times I saw them live it was Fayette rather than Helen - but I like em all!

Boogiedown
11-04-2017, 10:18 PM
WOW !
That is a great rendition , if regrettably a bit fast !:rolleyes:
I wasn't expecting them to pull that off , this is Diana's to sing ! And I've always felt Diana got robbed by it not doing better chart wise , she commanded that song , but as shown here it's a powerful song to begin with and to hear these three, it suddenly seems possible it could've done as well [[ better?) in the hands of others, because these three certainly have it under control. It's great vocally and visually , tight, & love the equal time each takes at center stage and at being in the lead , what a novel idea for three women singing together :p , and each seems perfectly capable in the center spot. And then there's those harmonies.
I 'd even say this, I'd put this up against any choreographed Supremes live presentation.

Fancy me, I thought I had my degrees in life

As for "Getting Ready for Love", it's good, but imo Diana sounds lonely on it. I think some supportive back-up vocals in parts especially toward's the song's end would've brightened it, thickened it . [[but it is a good breezy performance by her)

gman
11-05-2017, 01:55 AM
I loved BIM...I didn't know who Richard Perry was, I just knew I never saw him credited on a DR record. Me being a Supremes fanatic, but a young rock freak at the time didn't care for Too Shy or Confide In Me. I did love The Same Love, Your Love is So Good and Come In From The Rain... I liked Gettin' Ready but thought
she had to race to stay with the melody....I loved the Gr. Hits version of One Love In My Lifetime.... I got the hits LP way before
the DR '76 LP so I Thought It Took was new to me too, and I loved
everything about that one...I loved listening to the entire To Love
Again LP from start to finish