PDA

View Full Version : Felice taylor - it may be winter outside [[rare clip 1967)

test

soulpassion
10-30-2017, 12:28 PM
Correct place to post I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQwilsT7lFM

marv2
10-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Great song. Reminds me of "Everything's Good About You" by the Supremes. Thanks

sansradio
10-30-2017, 08:05 PM
Thanks for sharing; my first time seeing her perform.

daviddesper
10-30-2017, 11:41 PM
I always liked this song but remember hearing another one by her once that I REALLY liked. Of course now I cannot recall the title of that one! I seem to recall reading once that the reason why there has never been a CD release of her material was because she only recorded a handful of songs, not enough for a full CD release. Does anyone know if that is true?

This video was remarkably good quality for something so old. Great camera work. She reminds me much more of Love Unlimited than anything the Supremes ever did.

marv2
10-31-2017, 12:12 AM
I always liked this song but remember hearing another one by her once that I REALLY liked. Of course now I cannot recall the title of that one! I seem to recall reading once that the reason why there has never been a CD release of her material was because she only recorded a handful of songs, not enough for a full CD release. Does anyone know if that is true?

This video was remarkably good quality for something so old. Great camera work. She reminds me much more of Love Unlimited than anything the Supremes ever did.

That may be because Barry White co-wrote this song. He produced it later on Love Unlimited in the 70s.

rrussi
10-31-2017, 07:06 AM
It was issued on the Mustang label with the B side being the instrumental track, titled "Winter Again". I remember reading an interview with Barry White, the producer, and he said he was going for a Supremes sound. I'd say he got it! She even sounds like she's trying to sing like Diana. Well produced, but maybe just too much of a Supremes-soundalike to make it hit.

Sotosound
10-31-2017, 08:49 AM
I always liked this song but remember hearing another one by her once that I REALLY liked. Of course now I cannot recall the title of that one!

"I Feel Love Coming On" perhaps?

daviddesper
10-31-2017, 11:50 PM
I would have to hear it to be sure. All I really remember is that it was a faster tempo than Winter.

soulpassion
11-01-2017, 08:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUg-6nEsZ1g

arr&bee
11-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Wow,she sounds just like diana!!

daviddesper
11-01-2017, 11:53 PM
That be it!! So how about it guys...enough material out there to ever see a CD release?

lakedistrictlad1
11-05-2017, 04:00 AM
I never get tired of 'I feel love coming on'. No disrespect to the wonderful Felice, but I can hear Diana Ross & The Supremes in my head and this could have been a huge hit for them. A follow up to 'Reflections' perhaps.

marv2
11-05-2017, 04:48 AM
Wow,she sounds just like diana!!

Yeah that novelty sixties sounding voice.

splanky
11-05-2017, 06:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUg-6nEsZ1g

We've talked about this on the forum before but minus these great
clips which make the suspected so obvious...A few of us have
long known Barry White was the epitome of a Motown Junkie. As
much as Felice insisted that she sang in her own voice it was the
similiarity of her tone to Diane's that drew Barry to her, I'd bet.
Unfortunately I think that is also why Felice didn't have a longer
career....