PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross Project - Everything is Everything - Extended Discussion

test

jobeterob
10-29-2017, 02:10 PM
https://dianarossproject.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/everything-is-everything-1970/

daviddh
10-29-2017, 03:42 PM
once again I am surprised regarding the out takes. some gems .how could some be left in the vaults for so long

RanRan79
10-29-2017, 03:55 PM
I've always thought fans give EIE a bad rap. It's one of my favorite of Diana's albums. I agree with most of the review. I'm not a fan of "Come Together" by anyone, but Diana's version is probably the only one I can listen to. I may or may not skip over it when listening to the album. I don't think "Long and Winding Road" is bad, but Diana doesn't do anything for me with it. [[Unlike Aretha, who killed it.) It's the one song on the album I consistently skip over. "I'm Still Waiting" is cool, but not a fav of mine. "My Place", "Aint No Sad Song", the title cut, "How About You", really good songs that I dig. But I LOVE "Baby It's Love", "Doobe", "Call Me" and "Close to You". IMO some of Diana's best vocal work is on this album. Too bad Motown bungled it's success and that it's so underrated.

RanRan79
10-29-2017, 03:56 PM
once again I am surprised regarding the out takes. some gems .how could some be left in the vaults for so long

I love both of Diana's "Wish I Knew", the version recorded during the EIE sessions as well as the one recorded during her time with the Supremes. It definitely should have been on the album rather than "Long and Winding Road".