PDA

View Full Version : Dionne Warwick - Put Yourself In My Place

test

carlo
10-28-2017, 08:35 PM
I was listening to the Anyone Who Had a Heart album this evening and just noticed the very sudden fade out on this track. I wonder if they had messed up towards the end and decided to use this take for the album? I would be curious to hear what happened beyond the fade.

copley
10-29-2017, 06:56 AM
A lot of bad words no doubt Carlo :)

smallworld
10-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Maxine Brown's version runs about the same. Big Maybelle's version runs even shorter at under 2 minutes. I'm not certain but Scepter being Scepter, I imagine all three use the same instrumental track. Such short length pop songs weren't uncommon in that time period.

carlo
10-30-2017, 05:15 PM
Thanks smallworld. My observation wasn't so much about the shorter length of the track but rather the very sudden fade out. The song seems to abruptly end and fades out in a bit of an awkward way. I was wondering if maybe there was a story/explanation for this but I guess not :)

smallworld
10-30-2017, 08:42 PM
I went back and checked the fade. The stereo version fades a few seconds later than the mono version. The mono fades on "And you wouldn't stay out late at night", while the stereo keeps the next line "Try it, darling!". The mono fade sounds more natural, while the stereo fade does sound a little abrupt.

Does anyone have a vinyl copy of this song in mono to confirm that the fade is the same as the digital reissue of the mono mix?